Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

redsunset wrote: »
    Just my luck,will miss the heavy stuff.snow shield powered up again.
    I feel sorry for those especially in Cork waiting all this time and only to be disappointed again.

The Greek God of Snow is expressing his absolute discontent with Noel O' Flynn! Let them vote wiser next time and he shall shower snow favours again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Heavy snow in Derry for last 15 mins, no let up- looking west to Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Will that front make it over the dublin mountains to dublin.....seems to be stalling or going around....http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

This rain in Cork is really dangerous the car park in work was really icy slippy, rain was freezing as it was hitting the ground, it is not really bad, but people on the roads are doing 120kph out the Ballincollig by-pass which is just mad in this type of freezing rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

Couple of flakes coming down in Athboy now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

you can see the temps after the front .. west of ireland very mild
    http://www.irelandsweather.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

venusdoom wrote: »
    Sleety rain in Donegal Town now :(
    Just outisde town and its snowing:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

del88 wrote: »
    Will that front make it over the dublin mountains to dublin.....seems to be stalling or going around....http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Dublin mountains to the South West migt steal a lot of it but the Northside of Dublin should still get a good bash.

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Dublin mountains to the South West migt steal a lot of it but the Northside of Dublin should still get a good bash.
    The front doesn't have to come over the dublin mtns to get to Dublin.
    It's moving from the north west so look that direction or west on the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Raining here now footpaths are lethal,you can see rain drops frozen on windscreen of cars:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

There seems to be colder air behind this front. Temps rose to around 2.1c, now dropping back again and the rain is turning to snow. Coming down quite heavy now in Ballinrobe (Snow), has been raining since about 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Whiteout now in Virginia, Navan should be seeing some of this at this stage...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Heavy snow in belfast for first time this week. wouldnt mind but i only just battled through the cooley mountains to get here, safe in the knowledge (or so i thought) that I would be able to at least have a clear run from belfast back to newry before hitting the bad conditions again... now it doesnt look likely unless this current fall abates!!! may have to overnight up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Tomorrow's midday chart might be fun for higher ground down south :
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/atlantic-charts.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

It been snowing in Belfast for about 20 minutes now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

We could really do without that, tbh! Have never seen as much snow in my life as I did last night.

Leahyl...why don't you travel over to Waterford/Wexford direction if you are looking for a winter wonderland?? Better still move to Wicklow-Dublin and you are guaranteed snow...not as much as now mind you but since the winters everywhere in Western and Northern Europe seem to be getting harder after countless mild winters, we can look forward to a lot more of this kind of winter weather in the Eastern half of the country especially. My neighbour (Swedish) who lived in Southern Sweden (Gothernburg - on the coast) said that for about 7 or 8 years back they had been getting very little snow but that all this had changed in the past three years .. they are getting much more now.
    She has now headed back to Sweden herself..but this time she has moved to Stockholm which is much colder.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I have no gloves, trying to build a snowman :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

mojopolo wrote: »
    It been snowing in Belfast for about 20 minutes now. :)
    About time we heared from our northen friends....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

Snowing heavy the past hour in Shercock/Kingscourt, Cavan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Judging by the lack of posts it must be raining in most areas

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

nothing in Galway. Nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

Anything for little old Greystones today? Got little or nothing yesterday, although not much thawing either. Delighted for those getting snow today though, it's so pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Just off the phone to someone, it's snowing in Ballymena-hi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

snowing steadily in cavan town and surrounding area now, must be about 2-3 inches so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Snowing in Monaghan too apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Snowing again here in East Donegal, Raphoe area. Snowed last night as well, just about a half an inch.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

I can't recall a front crossing the country and completely missing me.
    Well she has,broke up before reaching me.Nothing has fallen even though radar suggests some light stuff should be.Good luck to those in firing line of heavier precip to my north

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I think this front is curling off and missing Dublin!!

To be honest Dublin needs rain badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Judging by the lack of posts it must be raining in most areas

Cold rain that is freezing on the ground, I would take a dry sunny non-weather day over this.

You will only see life here when a big cloud starts drifting to Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement