Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Its starting + its snowing OH YES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Absolutely lashing snow here in tipp fpr ages now, a good covering over the old stuff now, -6 outside still

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

snow just arrived in sallins, co kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

stopped snowing in Limerick. Dark grey clouds, no rain either yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

light snow has arrived here;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Spitting snow now in Dublin 15 (Castleknock)..it is on its way..AGAIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

pp_me wrote: »
    Birds going mental here in Waterford. GAME ON.
    Waterford girl here, just saw a few flakes fall, here we go again :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

www.met.ie are showing at 9am that Mace Head & Valentia are both recording 7c and Oak Park recording -7c

That is a big 14c difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Just starting in Drogheda now, very light snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

inabina wrote: »
    MT did refer to this front being weak and that certainly is the case as it hits the east. we got alot more out of the streamers over an hour than we will get out of this! The wind has picked up though and thats creating blizzard like conditions as the snow flies off the roof and whirls around!!

Yeah I think it is weak ok, light snow for 15 mins here, now nothing. Hold on we are back in action, still very light though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

inabina wrote: »
    MT did refer to this front being weak and that certainly is the case as it hits the east. we got alot more out of the streamers over an hour than we will get out of this! The wind has picked up though and thats creating blizzard like conditions as the snow flies off the roof and whirls around!!

yeah i am looking at those blizzards too! im on a high floor so its mad looking down at the swirls of snow blowing off the roofs below me!

we must be the only people in sandyford this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

yay snowing again, and it sounds like its staying as snow even further siuth.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

snowing at a decent rate now:D woke up to a half inch this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Leahyl...why don't you travel over to Waterford/Wexford direction if you are looking for a winter wonderland?? Better still move to Wicklow-Dublin and you are guaranteed snow...not as much as now mind you but since the winters everywhere in Western and Northern Europe seem to be getting harder after countless mild winters, we can look forward to a lot more of this kind of winter weather in the Eastern half of the country especially. My neighbour (Swedish) who lived in Southern Sweden (Gothernburg - on the coast) said that for about 7 or 8 years back they had been getting very little snow but that all this had changed in the past three years .. they are getting much more now.
    She has now headed back to Sweden herself..but this time she has moved to Stockholm which is much colder.:):)

ffarrell7, would it be a fair summary to say you think Dublin rocks? Its kind of a constant theme in your posts......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Reports of snow in Dungarvan, Lismore and Tallow in West Waterford. Dark grey clouds in Waterford City Temp -3.6 DP -4.6c

Record low of -7.7c at 07.40 amazing stuff :eek:

More Data and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Absolutely lashing snow here in tipp fpr ages now, a good covering over the old stuff now, -6 outside still

Where in Tipp are you. I am in tipp town and its raining and starting to freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

heavy snowfall Tipp/Kilkenny area..... yay!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Looking good for us in the Waterford city so maq, should be here soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Reports of snow in Dungarvan, Lismore and Tallow in West Waterford. Dark grey clouds in Waterford City Temp -3.6 DP -4.6c

Record low of -7.7c at 07.40 amazing stuff :eek:

More Data and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Getting heavier out here in Kill now Mick you should see some action soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

:D woke up to a half inch this morning.

Jaysis, you must have been cold!!! ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

is there not supposed to be a cold front following behind this warmer front? any expert got any views on this?
    I'll reply if no one else will. There is no warm front in this system. It's an occluded front which is when a cold front overtakes a warm front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

waterford no longer has a snow shield it is official! any tips for cork how to get rid of it? how is it looking for later on maq? will temps drop again?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

ffarrell7, would it be a fair summary to say you think Dublin rocks? Its kind of a constant theme in your posts......

you could say that I suppose:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I have no gloves, trying to build a snowman :(
    put some socks on your hands;)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

just started in south dublin, light shower

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I'll reply if no one else will. There is no warm front in this system. It's an occluded front which is when a cold front overtakes a warm front.

thanks elmer. looks like the warm front is still ahead down here!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That band is really weakening as it approaches Dublin it seems. Might be a snow free day for most of us up here by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

just beginning to snow here!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

Heavier here now. Just had an oil delivery this morning so it can do what it likes out there : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

Letterkenny got a light dusting of snow last night, but temps are now at +2 and we had rain in the last 30 mins

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement