Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

Snowing heavily in Mullingar on top of the coldest temperatures in the country last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Just finishing off here now.. nearly continuous since i woke at 6 am.. was 3 inches already down at that stage. Seeing sunlight now for the first time this morning. Wondering now what the big bank of cloud on the sat image is out in the atlantic wnw of Donegal... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

In Ennis this morn, light covering of snow, then a bit of rain and now the sun is trying to come out! Hardly snowed here at all, so unfair!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Front about 60-120 minutes out of Dublin.

Bottom of the northern section of front seems to be the strongest and elongates west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I think this front is curling off and missing Dublin!!

To be honest Dublin needs rain badly.

Blanch seems in the firing line, no curl would stop it at this distance, it's 20 mins away from the look of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Snowing in callan in kilkenny now! Coming down quite a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

with all the snow and cold weather around what do people think the chances of a white christmas will be

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

yeah judging by the radar, looks like that front will miss dublin this time around. very little snow will fall id say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

snow just starting here in Kill Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

smokin ace wrote: »
    with all the snow and cold weather around what do people think the chances of a white christmas will be

We should move Christmas to today ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Leahyl...why don't you travel over to Waterford/Wexford direction if you are looking for a winter wonderland?? Better still move to Wicklow-Dublin and you are guaranteed snow...not as much as now mind you but since the winters everywhere in Western and Northern Europe seem to be getting harder after countless mild winters, we can look forward to a lot more of this kind of winter weather in the Eastern half of the country especially. My neighbour (Swedish) who lived in Southern Sweden (Gothernburg - on the coast) said that for about 7 or 8 years back they had been getting very little snow but that all this had changed in the past three years .. they are getting much more now.
    She has now headed back to Sweden herself..but this time she has moved to Stockholm which is much colder.:):)

if you wanted to move somewhere on the whim of just getting snow why would you move to dublin? surely somewhere guaranteed like eastern europe/scandinavia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

andre2010 wrote: »
    yeah judging by the radar, looks like that front will miss dublin this time around. very little snow will fall id say

ZOOM IN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

andre2010 wrote: »
    Have to agree...seems to be dumping before it hits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Up to -5.6 now after a minimum of -14.4c:D

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Nothing in Galway so far. Just some drizzle as already mentioned. Judging by the radar the clouds seem to be making an effort to avoid us!
    I wonder what it's like it Connemara?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

light snow currently should be hitting the city soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I think this front is curling off and missing Dublin!!

To be honest Dublin needs rain badly.

thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

I am talking about Ireland.. especially Wicklow and hilly areas of Dublin which generally get large amounts of snow..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Snow becoming moderate here and sticking a bit more - this is great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Fairly snowing here now. Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    I am talking about Ireland.. especially Wicklow and hilly areas of Dublin which generally get large amounts of snow..:D

you mean live inside the pale on a permanent basis? no snow is worth that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

i hope i am wrong though guys, i want snow, i love it. but ive been tracking that bloody radar for days and you can kind of see when it will miss us. i hope im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Surprise surprise!! Big precipitation gap opening up as the front crosses the midlands. Where is that gap headed fir on the east coast I hear you ask? Why Bray of course!! Seems like last sat and sun nights were just glitches in the Bray Snowshield. Shield held fast ever since. Nothing but a couple of light 5 minute flurries here in Bray in the last 5 days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

If my car windows are anything to go by, we didn't get a flake of snow yesterday night in Lucan. Temperatures stayed well below freezing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

If my car windows are anything to go by, we didn't get a flake of snow yesterday night in Lucan. Temperatures stayed well below freezing though.

It was -9C this morning up by Willsbrook Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

light snow here south of Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭zara100

comin down hard and fast in north tipp at last snow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Snowing in Navan town now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Latest Radar.

Still think Dublin will get hit, North Dublin should anyway and CC too.

radardec3.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement