Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options
1414243444547»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

just had a little shower of snow, well more hail than anything.

temp is reading 2c at the moment, but the roads are vary much ice. had frost before the shower hit,
    its juts one big ice ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

fair enough on the winter thing

but the clock's aren't just in line with britain. Britain, Ireland, Portugal and the canary islands share the same timezone, plus it'd be kind of silly to have one time in newry and another in dundalk

Britain are thinking about changing, but we really couldn't because it would be dark until about 9.30 in the mornings in the winter, which would be a bit of a disaster . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

Went to Tipperary from Dublin this morning.....early morning roads ok in Dublin, but lethal near Portlaoise. Very little snow in Nenagh but immediately lots again on the road to Portumna.

Coming back, it's a long time since I've seen fog like it! Got a spell of bright sunshine between Roscrea and Portlaoise and then thick, thick fog all the way to Dublin.

And lots of gob****es with no fog lights on their cars, they might as well have been invisible.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

Never ever experienced a place where so many drivers have no idea at all about fog lights, or lights in general. The amount of vehicles on the road with either 1 head light, mostly aimed at the sky, front fogs on all the time with dipped head lights because they think it looks cool I suppose, rear fogs on all the time (especially annoying when there are two of those), no lights at all, side lights only when dipped heads are needed etc.

Especially in current winter conditions good lights are crucial for your own and others safety people.

Just back from the shop, roads here north of Letterkeny are desperate, stay indoors if you can. Temp now 0.3c...be safe peeps;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Same here in Donegal Town. Rained a while ago and froze almost immediately on contact. Leathal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah if things weren't bad enough already we've now had freezing rain for the past while.

The roads are almost empty here but theres inevitabely going to be several crashes overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Was up the Dublin mountains today...unreal day out! People skiing, snowboarding and the snow was ridiculousy deep in places...no thaw up there yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

jimmynokia wrote: »
    look what i found this morning the first one ive seen since the snow started

not a great start to their venture how many they catch this week??anyone at all?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Whats the story with more snow for Dublin? I'm out of work and this cold snap has been a god send. I got to do something useful for a few days. Bring on a nuclear winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Freezing hard. Roads are lethal - Malahide Road, Tonlegee Rd, Oscar Traynor Road, Kilmore Road.

Car is reading -4c and it certainly feels it.

Everything is iced over.

Keep safe and don't travel unless necessary would be my advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

-3.5c here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Monkaa wrote: »
    Was up the Dublin mountains today...unreal day out! People skiing, snowboarding and the snow was ridiculousy deep in places...no thaw up there yet!
    You forgot about us cyclists too :)
    5231587255_3ab0b15805.jpg
    5232179536_e488be59e2.jpg
    and then there was this genius heading up 3 rock just to turn around again...
    5231588481_e73589b91f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

only around -1 here, not too hard a frost yet.

gone from -3.5c to -4.1 in the last 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

hellboy99 wrote: »
    gone from -3.5c to -4.1 in the last 30 minutes.
    The 0030 radar shows a very heavy shower approaching Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

It's amazing how quiet this thread has become.. i'm still hoping for a change in the winds, looking unlikely at this stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Eh no thats not what i said

sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

The online BBC weather forecast hints at possible snow in the midlands and parts of the east sometime on Monday morning. Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    The online BBC weather forecast hints at possible snow in the midlands and parts of the east sometime on Monday morning. Link.

we live in hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Janey, the fog here in East Limerick is like nothing I've ever experienced, coupled with the ice-rink roads I have to say conditions are waaaay worse than during the week.

I was driving for 6 hours this evening, my mirrors have a thick coating of frost from the fog.

Unbelievable, hope it clears up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Met Eireann weren't too worried about this system coming down from the North, suggesting rain or sleet in most parts. The UK met office seem to think that it will give snow in NI though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

snow is gone,winter is long

Here it's gone from -4.4c to -1.7c in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

The novelty has soo gone off this thread when the threat of snow went!! :(:(

Hopefully it won't be too long before we get excited again;)

Frosty start ere in Cork with serious fog now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

Fog gone in Athboy but it's icy out! Have to try dig the car out a bit and move it in case the roof thaws and falls on the windscreen/bonnet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement