Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭daisling

its great to hear from the west after so many days of it being all about us in the east :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Clouds in North Dublin/East Meath practically appeared out of nowhere* & are looking very threatening.

*This may not be true as I last looked out of the window an hour ago and am keeping the curtains closed to keep the heat in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

skynew saying the northwesterly will be snow for us saturday but rain for wales...its good that we (dublin) are not on the wrong side of the sea on this occasion :D

surely chuck norris doesn't rely on mother nature for snow? can he not just make it snow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Jesus theres about 10 inches of snow on my shed, I don't think it will hold anymore! Are we expecting much snow on the East coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Snow has stopped now :(,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Eoineo wrote: »
    Clouds in North Dublin/East Meath practically appeared out of nowhere* & are looking very threatening.

*This may not be true as I last looked out of the window an hour ago and am keeping the curtains closed to keep the heat in.

Very cloudy here, but no snow! We're gonna have to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Irish1967 is the roads bad in Donegal Town, live in Ballybofey but work in Donegal Town. Anyway, about 2 inches of snow in Ballybofey, current temp 0.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Dry and dull, -4c at 7.30 now -2c. Roads like a skating rink around here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Scartbeg

Just started snowing here east of Mitchelstown. Look out for a rapid rise in temp as the warm (realtively!) front comes in.

Looking forward to giving my winter tyres their first proper outing of the year

p.s. It's -16C in my hometown of Aberdeen, multiple feet of snow. Feeling homesick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

here in the midland's,wind has totally switched westerly & it is drizzling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Raining now :-|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

irish1967 wrote: »
    Whiteout here now.. god this was a long time in coming:D

Still have 4-5 inches lying here since sat/sun and a slight top up this morning and yet were only a few miles from you(the way the crow flies:))

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

cross between snow and freeezing rain here in limerick! still bitterly cold out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

just a warning people take care out there with all the snow ice around
    just looked at the the digital thermometer outside and holy crap its currently

-9.9 °C:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Why do i get a feeling that this band of a half hour or so snow will be gone in notime once it's reaches Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

talkabout wrote: »
    Irish1967 is the roads bad in Donegal Town, live in Ballybofey but work in Donegal Town. Anyway, about 2 inches of snow in Ballybofey, current temp 0.6.
    Ocean fm just said gap impassable.. reports of 1 foot of snow there !! keep checking oceanfm for latest.. about 4 inches here just over looking services center

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Raining now :-|

Yep same here

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Scartbeg wrote: »
    Just started snowing here east of Mitchelstown. Look out for a rapid rise in temp as the warm (realtively!) front comes in.

Looking forward to giving my winter tyres their first proper outing of the year

p.s. It's -16C in my hometown of Aberdeen, multiple feet of snow. Feeling homesick!

Come to Dublin so..especially west, east and South Dublin...feet of it there:D:D feck all in Glasgow though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

It looks like a very narrow band, Has it potential to drop much snow?

Thinking of leaving work before the M1 gets covered

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Sod all in East Clare *shock*

temp risen... Check
    cloud cover... Check
    brisk NW wind... Check

and....... Nothing.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

surely chuck norris doesn't rely on mother nature for snow? can he not just make it snow?

to be honest it's not snow, it's me brishing the dandruff from my hair :D

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Come to Dublin so..especially west, east and South Dublin...feet of it there:D:D feck all in Glasgow though..

sleety rain here as MT predicted! hoped against hope he may be wrong but no! he did say it may change back later...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

just starting to snow now in portarlington,laois

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

dave1982 wrote: »
    Snow in Knocka ?Sunbabe

sky is full and grey and still nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Well -12 was the max low last night.

Kilkenny City outskirts...

Temperature: Current -8.3 °C High -8.3 °C Low -12.0 °C
    Dew Point: Current -8.6 °C High -8.6 °C Low -12.8 °C

Looking at the Raintoday site snow should be arriving in about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Raining in Crossmolina Mayo now.

Back to norm then.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

with reports from posters getting rain and sleet will that effect the front when it arrives in the east/south east coast in other words will we get snow

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    sky is full and grey and still nada.

sorry sunbabe but it will sleety rain i'm afraid. later today/tonight might be a better chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mini1972

I am in Douglas Cork and we have had a falling of graupel.

Is that good or bad for our chances of getting snow does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Crazy snow here again.. yet 10 miles away in Dunkineely its lashing rain. weird but not complaining ! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement