Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭kingshankly

just started snowing outside newry

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Light snowflakes starting to fall in Athlone!!!

Bitter cold and full cloud cover

Hoping for the real thing:o

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Heavy dark clouds moving in, hope there full of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭waldo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwallace/5228076395

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwallace/5228076523/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwallace/5228671510/

My evenings work last night. Each block was compacted into a plastic container, then carefully stacked. Approx 200 blocks. 2.5 hours in total.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Absolutely lethal in Dublin city centre this morning. Thick layers of ice everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Rain/Sleet in castlebar and Ballina, Co.Mayo but just got a txt now to say its turned to snow in castlebar now, I think the initital warm fron thas passed and that was being followed by a cold front...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

morning all! i think it snowed a little overnight in north co dub. epic sunrise this morning... not snowing at the minute, but the upper half of the sky is grey.. lower half is orange from the sun :D
    hope this front gives us some activity!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

just got to cavan from Dublin its a whiteout

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Not convinced that there will be anything for Dublin Region out of this band. Co Louth might get some. That band is weakening all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Sleet in central Donegal this last half hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Temp upto -2c/-6c Dublin.

Dewpoint is the reassurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

waldo wrote: »
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwallace/5228076395

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwallace/5228076523/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwallace/5228671510/

My evenings work last night. Each block was compacted into a plastic container, then carefully stacked. Approx 200 blocks. 2.5 hours in total.
    where's waldo...o ye ...he's in his igloo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lads i'm done with this seriously - coming in to work in the car this morning and there was light RAIN:mad:! I'm just so sick of waiting! MT Cranium thanks for the very accurate forecast:(

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

HEAVY SNOW now on Meath/Cavan border near Virginia....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

anybody in louth getting snow at all at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

leahyl wrote: »
    Lads i'm done with this seriously - coming in to work in the car this morning and there was light RAIN:mad:! I'm just so sick of waiting! MT Cranium thanks for the very accurate forecast:(

Lashing now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 emac82

Heavy rain here now in Bandon in west cork. Freezing to everything not nice at all:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Heard theres a foot of snow in the barnesmore gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭keithzer

anybody in louth getting snow at all at the moment?
    Im in Drogheda noting yet ill let you know if we do

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Just here in the northside of Cork city, it is snowing! It has been since I woke up at 8 :D It is here at last

• Advertisement

Keep the faith Leahyl we have a long winter ahead of us all here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lashing now :-(

Can someone actually explain to me why we get rain as opposed to snow cos i actually don't understand it - like even this morning it was much less cold than other mornings which i would have thought is a good sign of snow....but obv i'm simplifying things.....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

IFSC - Dublin

Just saw a girl being put into an ambulance on a back board, head and neck fully strapped. Doesn't look good, she was on the ground for at least 10mins and didn't move. Doesn't look like your usual broken ankle/wrist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I was right rain for Cork, heavy snow up country.
    There is still a chance though that it will turn back to snow later as the cold front moves in. Rain freezing on impact is what I said and that what's happening, lethal in parts! Only in Cork do you get rain at -3:D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

snowing in north cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Woke up to a nice covering of snow. Snowing now again! 0.1C

Feckin horrible here now with a heavy shower of sleety rain :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hows the m50 looking? Sick of working from home tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Can someone actually explain to me why we get rain as opposed to snow cos i actually don't understand it - like even this morning it was much less cold than other mornings which i would have thought is a good sign of snow....but obv i'm simplifying things.....:o

atlantic i'm afraid - its a front coming from warmer waters from my amateur view. i think there is a cold front following behind so it may turn back to sleet/now later as MT predicted...eternal optimist am i!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

Heavy snow in North Tipp now - west of Borrisokane, on shores of Lough Derg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement