Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Protip: Wear shoes with a bit more grip than Converse today. I nearly skulled myself multiple times this morning. Footpaths are ridiculously slippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Thawing in Ballyfermot Dublin but very slowly.

Main roads are perfectly fine, bualadh bos for the council

Footpaths are in a terrible state, now icy.
    It was easier when they were covered in snow

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

On a bit of a comedown now today after all the excitement of the past week. Still we need the respite tbh. Will be lurking here for the duration of the winter waiting for the next event, although I think we have peaked early with the sheer amount of snow, anything less than 10 inches is going to be a bit of a letdown :p

Still going to be treacherous out there in the coming week folks so take care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Cool username ^^^ :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Roads are kinda slippy here in Donegal. Look what happened the gritter this morning.

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=138114&stc=1&d=1291467476

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

jk86 wrote: »
    Protip: Wear shoes with a bit more grip than Converse today. I nearly skulled myself multiple times this morning. Footpaths are ridiculously slippy

Converse are about as useful as bars of soap strapped to your feet . . :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

One thing i have noticed with the gritters around here is that they are "flying" down the road, three gritters left the road yesterday/today, maybe they will learn a lesson from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Fogzilla in Dublin 15!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Wow, its so quiet now... I feel almost lonely !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Wow, its so quiet now... I feel almost lonely !

Dont worry , theres always us regulars here for ya! ...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Went through knockloyon, West Dublin, this morning in the jeep. Still two foot of snow there but the Dublin Mountains are unbelievable..like last year only deeper again. Would give top ski resorts in Franc and Switzerland a run for their money..there is I reckon 3-4 foot of lying snow near Glencullen with up to 10-15 feet in Sally Gap. Military road cannot be seen however..has disappeared completely like last year..will take weeks for this road to be passable again maybe even longer given that winter only started officially on 1 Decmber. I will try and download some photos this afternoon. Does naybody know how to attche them to one of these posts?
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

yep were stil here, things are quiet though, sad from the melting snow:(, poor snowmen are starting to look a bit worst for wear

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Went through knockloyon, West Dublin, this morning in the jeep. Still two foot of snow there but the Dublin Mountains are unbelievable..like last year only deeper again. Would give top ski resorts in Franc and Switzerland a run for their money..there is I reckon 3-4 foot of lying snow near Glencullen with up to 10-15 feet in Sally Gap. Military road cannot be seen however..has disappeared completely like last year..will take weeks for this road to be passable again maybe even longer given that winter only started officially on 1 Decmber. I will try and download some photos this afternoon. Does naybody know how to attche them to one of these posts?

Id do anything to go up ther!....

To attach pictures just go post reply, manage attachments , and upload, make sure there less than 1000x900 tough first coz they'll be to big for the screen.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Some buses cancelled in Athlone. Roads are lethal. Freezing rain last night, the roads are covered in ice. On top of that we're douced in freezing fog too. It's crazy outside

I hope I have done this correctly...anyway pictures (I hope of Dublin mountains--lowich levels) this morning..If they have uploaded correctly I will post some more.:D:D:D

A couiple more of the Dublin mountains..this morning:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Some serious snow there ffarrell7. It'll be a while before that lot thaws out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Never seen fog like what we have now, mental :eek:

EDIT: Its not that bad actually, it only seemed that bad because i was looking out my attic window across a white field :P
    Still bad none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Very icy in Donegal

Three gritter lorries left the roads this morning.

See a pic of one here

I hope I have done this correctly...anyway pictures (I hope of Dublin mountains--lowich levels) this morning..If they have uploaded correctly I will post some more.:D:D:D

If i lived there , id build an igloo in the wooded area and sleep in it!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

just spent a few hours freeing up the vehicles and clearing the path in front of my house.. it definitely felt like it was thawing out as i was doing it... but just as i was finishing up, that fog came wandering down the road and felt like it would freeze everything up again... hope it doesn't really.

(south dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

Thaw and sunny skies in Bray.
    It has been an amazing week,never seen that much snow before,and reading this thread has been SO addictive and fun.
    Anyone knows if Xmas markets are going ahead in wicklow or Dublin CC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

beatrice33 wrote: »
    Thaw and sunny skies in Bray.
    It has been an amazing week,never seen that much snow before,and reading this thread has been SO addictive and fun.
    Anyone knows if Xmas markets are going ahead in wicklow or Dublin CC?

The one at the point is afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

Heavy snow here now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

cravings wrote: »
    just spent a few hours freeing up the vehicles and clearing the path in front of my house.. it definitely felt like it was thawing out as i was doing it... but just as i was finishing up, that fog came wandering down the road and felt like it would freeze everything up again... hope it doesn't really.

(south dublin)

south Dublin is alive to the sound of.... shovelling

Just spent the best part of the day doing same, although I reckon if I'd waited till tomorrow there might have been much less to clear. Although, it was warm enough in the earlier part of the day, but thought after 1 o'clock it felt freezing again, and Dublin airport temps confirm its freezing again.

Three cars dug out:) Huge mound of snow and ice on the front lawn.

now I'm told the grass is to be cut :eek::eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Snowman10 wrote: »
    Heavy snow here now

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snowman10 wrote: »
    Heavy snow here now

:D Liar! Unless your out of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Some serious snow there ffarrell7. It'll be a while before that lot thaws out.

It'llbe a while before you get that Megane started too :D

Did someone mention the 'S' word again !!!!?

Anyone got any idea what that front moving in from the South West is going to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Winter officially began on 1 November.

Spring begins 1 February, Summer on 1 May & Autumn on 1 August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

In Clare the road down from Flagmount to Scarriff is just a complete sheet of ice.

Couple of nasty moments this morning, mostly as I was stuck behind someone who'd no clue how to drive on ice.

Take it handy all of ye

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement