Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft discussion ***EVERYBODY READ POST 965***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Keep the write-ups coming. The deadline has been extended by 24 hours so hopefully we will have most if not all submissions in.

I had a look at 2 PPVs just now. Here's my thoughts:

Volt: New World Wrestling Crush Hour - I really enjoyed this. Very solid match-quality wise and that main event would be tough to beat for most rosters. Perfect and Rock with Ali involved looked awesome as a concept and sure enough the main event was my favourite part. Great stuff. I could see it playing out in my mind so well done on the detail. The finish surprised me but I liked your explanation later and the comparison with how things went in 2000 which I thought was clever. The overall storyline with Perfection Inc. has been one of the more entertaining factions imo. The Daniels/Nakamura bout was also presented in a compelling way on the show and I liked that also. Impressive show indeed and one I can see appealing to many others.

campo: CWA Revolution - First of all, why didn't I use that song for my show's theme? Would have suited it nicely. :) On to business and again I thought this was a very enjoyable read. The undercard came together well and I enjoyed the fact that there was a nice mixture - extreme action with the Lynn/Gage match, tag team action with the titles tournament, and mat wrestling action with Swagger and Inoki. The Nash/Barrett match had a very stand-out stipulation in the Draft and I thought you booked it perfectly. The main event was also entertaining with an ending that gave the fans their money's worth. I think this was another very strong show and I reckon writing for the BWE has helped you. I think you said you wanted to do better than last year and I would be very surprised if you don't.

I look forward to reading the other shows in the next few days and I think narrowing it down to 7 is going to be very tricky. Well done to everyone on the effort put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

phew...done!

i can't believe i got that done.

it feels good though, like some sort of real achievement.

i'll be having a look through as much as i can over the next couple of days; at the very least just the PPVs, but hopefully a lot more.

continued feedback is always welcome; and i'll have a bit of feedback myself over the next couple of days.

just to add another well done to everyone, and an early thanks to all those who organised this, and made it all run so smoothly. it was a riot, as it is every year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

flahavaj wrote: »
    How do you like them apples Gersie bai?

Conor. <3

1224276548162_2.jpg

l_29dceb72def64ee9a0b21a6bbff9cea6.jpg

Unbelieveably entertaining stuff Ger bai. Maith thú.

**** you, I'm still picking glass out of me head cos of you ya bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Part II of PPV up now

More PPV feedback

TSC - Like you said yourself, its a pity you could only do one month of a fued with Flair and Punk. Quality PPV, to read and to watch I would imagine. I dunno why but I would probably give you bonus marks because you couldnt find a picture of Rosey to photoshop, that tickled me for some reason.

Flaaaahhh - Savage cabbage PPV. Every match felt important to read. And of
    course, Hatton vs Finlay was an epic masterpiece. It's always good when the bauld Gerard.C gets wan over on the butchers apron. Dudleys-Warriors was a daycent fued. HBK-Ted would be epic, great storytelling from the flaaaaah

BH - Tis always good to see The Munster Mafia pop up where ya wouldnt expect them! Have to admit I got a good laugh out of the parish line! This PPV was great because of the lesbian riding, between that now and they daycent KOTR tourney who wouldnt want to see this PPV!

TBC - I really enjoyed this show, I thought the fued with Colt and Dusty was class. The ME would be a 5 star match, no questions. Loved the 4 horsemen angle with them getting all the titles. Top marks for this PPV.

FR - Short and sweet, tis a pity that your show got deleted, fair play for putting th show up tho, nice to have an end to the fueds for us to read. The Louis Walsh stuff is gas!

Liz - I loved the end of the battle royal with Piper and Steph, I'd say they would have great chemistry together. The ending of the iron man match too, not only would that be a class match but Steph feckin over Wolfie at the end was brill. It's always good when Steph fecks someone over like that!

D2D - Very enjoyable little show now, I thought the idea of the change your destiny match was very clever. You could say Floyd was on the money with that one.... zing! And of course it was great to see the Zack Attack get the big one in the ME! I'm sure Hardy was in better condition at your PPV than he was at Victory Road last night, I'd say the DWO has a very strict drug policy :pac:

SlickRic - Loved the stuff with Arn and Pillman, nice little swerve there I must say! I loved the pairing of Sapp and Shaq too, you could feel the craic they'd be having coming through the screen when they do their dance at the end of the match :pac: Main event was brilliant too I must say. Great stuff.

• Advertisement

Just reading some of the PPVs now

MNG - What can I say Christan as world champion - Winner for me! :D his feud with HHH was really built well and I'm delighted he got the win. The others matches also were also well built and written.

Voltwad - Great build and excellent matches for the PPV and having Perfect retain the world title against Rock with a little help from Ali was a nice surprise.

Diabhal Beag - From the PPV name to the images, matches and titles - all epically funny. You are in a league of your own :p

tbc ...................... ;)

Just briefly skimmed the evaluations thread again and as far as I can tell these are the participants that have submitted write-ups. If I've made a mistake here please let me know...

Bubs102
    Teamshadowclan
    Cactus Colm
    JP Liz
    campo
    Voltwad
    Diabhal Beag

Furious-Red
    Dieselqueen
    Thebostoncrab
    CMpunked
    Spongey1975
    Bounty Hunter
    glenjamin
    Dare 2 Defy
    waltersobchak
    SlickRic
    flahavaj
    Ger.C
    Mr Nice Guy

That leaves glenjamin, CMPunked and Bubs. I will be asking for the evaluations thread to be shut tonight so if a PPV card isn't in from these chaps tonight then regrettably they won't be able to vote or be eligible to win. If they're around I'd recommend they at least do up a card as that should only take a few minutes.

I'll try and read some more PPV write-ups tonight and give some comments. Votes are welcome from now until Wednesday from those who have submitted and are ready to cast their vote.

Some feedback on 3 PPVs I just read:

Diabhal Beag: Randy Orton is really **** - I don't know why but the stip 'winner keeps name Iron Mike' made me laugh so hard. Surprise finish in that match I must say. My favourite heavyweight title belt as well of course and your main event was a very entertaining read. One of the funniest PPVs in the game and you added a lot to it this year.

Spongey1975: SWE Spongemania - I remember really enjoying your weekly shows and being impressed with how you built the PPV. I had high hopes for this therefore and it didn't disappoint. I'd say my favourite feuds were the Orton/Thesz one and the Edge/Sting one. Excellent attention to detail overall and a lot of thought put into it from top to bottom.

waltersobchak: WECWF Mayhem Rising II - You had one of the most creative angles with the internal Bischoff/Heyman conflict which had great potential and you made it work great I thought. It was quite a ballsy move to pick guys like that (and Heenan) and I remember wondering at the time if you'd struggle to put together a wrestling card. In the end you didn't and I found it very impressive and enjoyable. I loved reading the main event and read it slowly because I didn't want to spoil it for myself. Great stuff and another roster I'm sure will have its fans.

I'll try and read some more tomorrow. I'm loving the standard set so far and I'm sure the other ones won't disappoint either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Hey guys. Major apologies for my absence. Had a serious death in the family and haven't had a minute to even get to think about anything, regretfully, this included. :(
    I've just gotten home so I completely understand if I have missed the deadline for the end of the game.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Hey guys. Major apologies for my absence. Had a serious death in the family and haven't had a minute to even get to think about anything, regretfully, this included. :(
    I've just gotten home so I completely understand if I have missed the deadline for the end of the game.

Jesus lad sorry to hear it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jesus sorry to hear than lad. Sure what does a PW draft matter in those cirumstances.:(

Very sorry to hear that, man. I had asked the mods to close the evaluations thread before I saw your post but if you still want to put up your PPV card then go ahead, and you can still participate in the last phase. I don't know if you feel like participating any more but if you do then we can work something out for you.

If the mods end up locking the evaluations thread like I asked earlier then you can put the card in this thread instead. It's up to you as to what you want to do and I'll understand either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sorry to hear that news CMpunked. Hope all is well and if not you can always PM me if you need a chat.

Sorry to hear that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

Balls. lost track of time completely. Will hope to get at least the PPV up tommorow, can't do it tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just doing these off the top of my head memory wise having not gotten a chance to write em up after reading so sorry if im non specific in a lot of cases.

MNG: I really liked your shows and PPV, you grabbed the attension early with your HHH pick and his T-Rex group def made for some good reading and after that PPV youve got LIz's vote anyway. Nice to see Christian finally getting a big push and going over Hunter in the main event but the rest of the card was solid too. Valid competition for the BWA at the Monday night wars part 2.

Flah: You really are one of my favourites and in a strange way, I think that might be despite your humour as if people remember there was more than just humour to your PPV write ups they will realise that every match on your card would be fkn Awesome, from Finlay & Hatton, Santo and el Hijo del Santo to the main event and Shawn Micheal's once more jobbing on the biggest stage of em all.

Diabhal: Similarily to Flah i'd wonder wether people would underestimate your ppv by foucssing too much on the humour as there would be some really interesting match ups to go with your writting wit. Having said that it is the images and storylines you used that truely make your promotion stand out. I really dont think there is one standout this year (though the votes will prove me wrong) and the fact that yours stands out is a big plus.

TSC: Flair vs Punk is awesome, and I can fully understand you wishing you were writing for a 3 month build with this one. The rest of your card and shows are great too although like myself i wonder would yours suffer from being almost too long to grab the attension as you intend. Yours I'd say will be in my top 7 when i vote tommorow/later but honestly ive no idea about placment atm.

TBC: The Extreme horsemen, Benoit vs Joe and Dusty vs Colt in particular had me very interested in reading each of your shows and PPV. I wasnt dissapointed with either and as someone else earlier said the main event would def be a 5 star match imo. Your a serious contender imo but as I've said before I dont know if there is a standout because of the high standard you have helped us set.

Ger C: The former champ is out for a title retention but he has some serious competition this year. I really enjoyed the East coast/West coast feud and think your use of Bossman was excellent. As with others you had some great comedy on your show and adding flah into your storylines im sure kept a good few folks chuckling. Your a contender but again where you will place is hard to determine.

Voltwad: I've talked about how so many people are contenders a lot and said that I dont see 1 standout atm and your roster, shows and ppv are examples of why. To think I havent yet mentioned the promotion with the Perfect stable and the rock on it show how hard the competition was this year. I def enjoyed your stuff and must saying im surprisingly happy with the main event result. Remember saying in this thread a while back id like to see something similar.

that took a while and i need to decide on who to vote for, considering im busy tommorow and the time difference so ill have to try and put my thoughts on the other shows up soon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

i wonder would yours suffer from being almost too long to grab the attension as you intend.

Yeah, I actually think the Punk/Flair match was nearly as long as the rest of the show put together :S My problem lies with the fact that since I've been writing for efeds for years, I tend to write longer matches which include a lot of detail.

I'm planning on sitting down and reading through all the shows over tonight and tomorrow morning so I'll give feedback then :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah, I actually think the Punk/Flair match was nearly as long as the rest of the show put together :S My problem lies with the fact that since I've been writing for efeds for years, I tend to write longer matches which include a lot of detail.

I'm planning on sitting down and reading through all the shows over tonight and tomorrow morning so I'll give feedback then :)

yeah but if the people actually read it all they will most likely enjoy it more and appreciate yours more. For example Ger commented on one line of mine about his Parish, now i know that this was directly referencing him but it was in a bit that wasnt part of a match and was bang in the middle of my mammoth write up so Im fairly sure he read the whole thing and yet it was this lil detail he picked out a detail I would not have added in if I did a shorter write up as it wasnt all that important really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

i have mailed my top 7 to MNG and for the people I left out let me3 just say it was a very tough decision but I really think the standard was very high this year and well done to all

Bubs102 wrote: »
    Balls. lost track of time completely. Will hope to get at least the PPV up tommorow, can't do it tonight.

The deadline has passed, man. It was extended by 24 hours as well.

I've had a few votes PM'd to me so far. Reminder to everyone that the deadline for vote submissions will be tomorrow night. I'll try and give feedback to a few more shows later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Our top 7 is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Sorry to hear man:(

Our top 7 is it?

Yep your top 7.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just reading some of the PPVs now

MNG - What can I say Christan as world champion - Winner for me! :D his feud with HHH was really built well and I'm delighted he got the win. The others matches also were also well built and written.

Voltwad - Great build and excellent matches for the PPV and having Perfect retain the world title against Rock with a little help from Ali was a nice surprise.

Diabhal Beag - From the PPV name to the images, matches and titles - all epically funny. You are in a league of your own :p

tbc ...................... ;)

Campo - Russo kissing Vince's ass one of the best moments of this year's draft :p the tag tournament was done really well and I liked Anderson getting the win and keeping the title over the chosen one Drew thanks to Vince's botch interference.

Spongey1975 - One of most jam packed talented rosters of the drafts and your PPV echoed this with all the great matches and I especially liked the main event title match between Edge and Sting.

Waltersobchak - The war between Heyman and Bischoff was always going to an epic battle and you didnt disappoint and I enjoyed Heyman winning the war and exiling Eric thanks to Angle making Andre tap.

Teamshadowclan - Another where the tag tournament was done really well. From the very start with your write ups, Punk V Flair's feud was superbly well done, it was one feud I couldnt wait to read and their ppv match really was epic.

tbc.................................................

I read 3 more PPVs just now. I will look to give feedback on the rest tomorrow but of the ones I did read here's my thoughts:

DQ - DQWF: Appetite for Destruction - Great card. I remember enjoying the weekly show you had done and felt you wrote for it well, particularly the main event match where you played up Cactus's hardcore background with Brock's amateur and UFC background, plus Storm and Credible referencing their history and being on opposite sides. The card is very solid and you have utilised your picks well.

Teamshadowclan: Wrestling With Flair: 'To Be The Man' - I enjoyed Flair at the Press Conference beforehand. On to the show - I really liked the interaction with Flair and Shatner early on. You wrote that very well and nice Chuck Norris line. ;) Nice booking for the Cade/Murdoch finish too. Again great writing for Punk's promo. Could picture him saying every word there. I always felt the Flair/Punk feud made for a great contrast. The tag title tournament impressed as did the writing for the cage match. Very impressed with your writing for the tag tournament especially. You made the division feel very important and I liked
    Beer Money
    emerging victorious. I thought it was very clever too what you did with the angle involving Shatner because I was wondering to myself
    why would the Usos and Steel just do what Shatner says
    and sure enough you had that angle well covered. What can I say about the main event? Loved every second of it and how you presented it to the readers with the near-falls. You had me gripped and not knowing which way it would go. The ending was so believable and smart too and it came across very dramatic. Fantastic job on that without a doubt. I think this was a terrific PPV with a lot of thought and consideration put in. Big thumbs up!

flahavaj: NWA Int. - Firstly that's some theme for Finlay. :pac: I had a grand time reading
    Hatton get his comeuppance
    which was one of the more creative feuds in the Draft. I liked the way you booked the Bundy/Graham contest too and the feelgood moment. The Santos bout was again well booked. I could see that being perhaps your match of the night. The tag title match looked awesome on paper and delivered as expected. The main event I considered one of the best built feuds in the game with how you had played on the history of Dibiase and Sherri and throwing Jannetty in there too. The match delivered and I must say the finish did surprise me, but like Volt's main event finish it worked for me. Another big thumbs up and another great job.

Really genuinely impressed at the standard this year. I seem to say it every year but there are some smart, creative people around this place and you're giving me major food for thought for my votes. I've still one more page to review in the evaluations thread and I'll look to do that for Wednesday.

I think I have close to half the eligible votes in. Wednesday is the last day when votes will be accepted since I hope to have the winner announced on Thursday on St Patrick's Day.

I hope everyone eligible to vote PMs on their votes to me because I've a feeling this year's result could be very close as it was last year. I won't be stalling the result if some votes aren't in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Man that was tough. Just Pm'ed my votes and they were changing by the minute. It was a very tough decision.

Well done to everyone who entered. We had all 20 starters finish the draft and in record time (i think). As well as that 17 of us got in our PPV. Everyone should be applauded for maintaining such a high standard in this years draft and we've set a benchmark for future drafts. Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I think I spent an hour changing my top 7, I put a score out of 10 after everyone and I kept changing them until I said "If I don't settle now I never will" and sent my votes in! Really high standard from everyone!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Campo - Russo kissing Vince's ass one of the best moments of this year's draft :p the tag tournament was done really well and I liked Anderson getting the win and keeping the title over the chosen one Drew thanks to Vince's botch interference.

Spongey1975 - One of most jam packed talented rosters of the drafts and your PPV echoed this with all the great matches and I especially liked the main event title match between Edge and Sting.

Waltersobchak - The war between Heyman and Bischoff was always going to an epic battle and you didnt disappoint and I enjoyed Heyman winning the war and exiling Eric thanks to Angle making Andre tap.

Teamshadowclan - Another where the tag tournament was done really well. From the very start with your write ups, Punk V Flair's feud was superbly well done, it was one feud I couldnt wait to read and their ppv match really was epic.

tbc.................................................

Flahavaj - Excellent all round ppv with some nice funny elements especially adding Ger :p Ted Snr V HBK was very well done and nice to see a heel get the win. I for one expected HBK to win.

Bounty Hunter - One of the best written ppvs and nice surprise twist with Leno as Chairman, overall very well done.

Gerard.C - The first thing I read was Hell in da Mel and at the end I was like omg :eek::p. Great PPV Ger.

TheBostonCrab - Samoa Joe and Chris Benoit's feud has been one of my favourites from the start and their ppv match didnt disappoint also the rest of the ppv was very enjoyable.

Furious-Red - The one PPV where I knew all the roster :p short and sweet but detailed enough, well planned and executed and good to see Morrison becoming world champion

Dare2Defy - Another PPV where I knew all the roster :p very well done and nice to see Ryder get a decent push and a title win

SlickRic - Great ppv especially the epic main event match between Austin and Roberts

(It is hard to pick only 7 :()

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Unbelieveable standard this year lads. I feel absolutely rotten for leaving out a few people in particular out of my seven, as the effort that was put in across the board was immense. I'd echo what MNG said, there are some seriously talented people on this board and we're lucky to have such a good bunch of regulars.

Hopefully we can do the awards as we did last year s I'd like the chance to throw a bit of recognition towards those who were unlucky to miss out in particular.

Advertisement