Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft discussion ***EVERYBODY READ POST 965***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Liz, you left Jim Brunzell out from mine

I edited there

Is everyone else's rosters all ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

my 4th show is up. Will try get around to reading some of the latest stuff during the week.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Final show up before the PPV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

2nd show is up there. I'd just like to point out that my whole Big Bossman thing is meant to be OTT. I loved his fued with the Big Show and the Big Shows dead daddy. What a heel he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

That bastard Conor Hurley has a lot to answer for. Next week there's gonna be murder.:mad:

• Advertisement

Show three is up there now

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Show three is up there now

"The crowd boos Conor Hurley. And rightly so." I did a fierce amount of laughing at that for some reason.:pac:

The East Coast/West Coast feud is brilliant as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i hope to get everything up by the deadline.

i may just do a quick, but detailed, summary of the last 2 weeks before the PPV, rather than full blown shows, and just add in necessary quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

SlickRic wrote: »
    i hope to get everything up by the deadline.

i may just do a quick, but detailed, summary of the last 2 weeks before the PPV, rather than full blown shows, and just add in necessary quotes.

I'll more than likely do mine this way before the PPV write up

Show 3 up now it is short and no tbc, show 4 will probably be even shorter as I need to concentrate more on my PPV

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jesus, deadline has snuck up on me.

Doing a press conference now as a forth show, rather than a typical wrestling show. Just have to get the stories finalised and this works...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Jesus, deadline has snuck up on me.

Doing a press conference now as a forth show, rather than a typical wrestling show. Just have to get the stories finalised and this works...

when is the deadline again? im doing my PPV but have little time atm but i dont think anyone has done a PPV yet anyway.

when is the deadline again? im doing my PPV but have little time atm but i dont think anyone has done a PPV yet anyway.

13th March - deadline for PPV submissions before evaluation thread shuts.

13th to 16th March - when votes will be accepted

So Sunday basically :)

Posted the press conference. Really short but gives a basic summary of all the stories as well as the card for the show.

Employees of Wrestling With Flair have been spotted outside of events being held by other promotions handing out leaflets for the upcoming WWF Pay Per View "To Be The Man..."
    draftad.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

it'l be tight as judging from what ive written so far it'l be the longest BWA show so far but I should be ok by then, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Really wish I could have given the latter rounds a bit more attention and done a few houses shows but I just didn't have the time or internet to do it. I will be just throwing up a PPV before the deadline :(

And the final PWF TV show before the PPV is up there now

NWW Owner Mr. V has completed the performance appraisal of the roster and has decided to place the following members on probation:
    Rhyno
    Evan Bourne
    Sylvain Grenier
    Rene Dupree

None of these have managed to pick up a victory in quite some time and this will be addressed at NWW Crush Hour in a few days time. The four will be in action. Rhyno and Evan Bourne will square off in a ‘pink slip on a pole’ match while Lá Resistance is destined to be broken up. Only one of them will survive as the partners square off in an ‘I surrender’ match.

The rest of the card is as it was. 3 titles will be defended, the Lex Express faces the Masterpiece and Captain Lou Albano managed to secure Muhammad Ali as the special enforcer for the main event. The sold out event will take place in Wembley Stadium, London with guest performances from some of the UK’s finest rock acts. Tune in to what is sure to be a momentous occasion in the wrestling calendar.

Final show should be completed tomorrow. Below is what has happened to date:
    Show 1 - Show 2 - Show 3 - Show 4

In tears after reading that las write up Ger bai. Its all goin' down outside Easons, I'll be over to the Mell on the JJ Kavanagh's Express to watch your back bai.

• Advertisement

Some feedback since I've gotten around to reading a few more. sorry if i didnt get round to ya, theres wicked reading to be done!

BH - Savage idea with the Jay Leno show, great thinking to get storylines across more. 4 daycent yokes in the KOTR tourney too, you couldnt argue with the winner of it being called king anyway!

TBC - When I read your shows, I imagine them in a place with no more than 2000 fans, but those 2000 fans are going mental for everything. Your style of writing paints a great picture, and the content of the shows is top class to go with that!

MNG - The face behind the draft himself, always up there with the best of them but never cracked the top spot. Just like Chelsea. Then along came a powerful man and things changed. Not unlike Monday Night Grappling this year :pac: I dunno would I love it or hate it if you won with himself as the face of your company :pac: I love the T-Rex thing. It just has a 80's feel to it. I suspect the JR's of the world would love it too!

Voltwad - The soft spot of the draft this year for more than myself I would assume would go to Masters vs Luger. A battle of Titans! The Perfect Faction is class too, you wouldnt even think its made up half the time rading it. Just seems so natural.

Walter - Once again I must say I am very impressed with your shows. I loved the grundgy feel they had last year and I'm glad to see that continued on this year, alas with a cog called Easy E thrown in the machine! Great work again. Extra points given due to Why Try being used as your theme song.

Liz - Wolfe and Steph make for a great pair, you could picture them together with the two smug heads on them. Good idea, when people would have thought you'd have went with her and Jericho. Piper thrown in the mix with thm would make for unreal promos too. Nice to see Del Rio getting a push too!

Spongy - Jesus what a roster. Refreshing to see Sting being booked right too! Well written shows with a unreal roster will most likely have ya up there this year, well done!

FR - Good to see Shommy himself in the main event doing well every week rather than the way he's gone on raw. Interesting to see a roster with the focus that you have on the womens division too, makes for different reading, fair play.

campo - I'm really enjoying the Nexus thing you have going, I loved how Russo was a part of it. Makes perfect sense when ya think about it. What better man to have with the Nexus like.

TSC - Love the Punk-Flair fued. Its one of them fueds thats almost depressing to read, as it's so good that it makes you realise that we will never see it and this is it. Love the way it has been done though. Top marks.

Diabhal - What can be said about these write ups. I suppose the only word to describe them would be UNRAYL. Out of ten, they would get 9 Mahers.

Flahavaj - rubbish.

Show 4 and PPV card up now

LWE Presents

Mayhem PPV (3 hours)

Line Up:-

X Title Match
    Open to everyone from LWE Roster

Intercontinental Championship Match
    Alberto Del Rio (C) V Chavo Guerrero

Triple Threat Tag Team Ladder Match for Tag Titles
    The Motor City Machine Guns (C) V Paul London & Billy Kidman V Brutus Magnus & Doug Williams

Triple Threat for the Women's Championship
    Hamade (C) Taylor Wilde V Lita

Boxing Match
    Mr. T V Rowdy Roddy Piper

60 Minute Iron Man Match for WHC Title
    Chris Jericho (C) V Desmond Wolfe

The following video was just posted on www.pwf.com

Please dont watch unless you are up to date with the shows, otherwise you will be a bit lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

That's just epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Best thing so far in the draft

Best thing so far ever in the draft

Fixed.

I'm officially pulling out. Thats just incredible. Winner. I lost all my composure when Hitler popped up.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Fixed.

I'm officially pulling out. Thats just incredible. Winner. I lost all my composure when Hitler popped up.

A dirty minded person would see that and get the wrong idea.

Not me though.

Oh. Something hit me. When it says the deadline is 2mrw, it's 2mrw night the topic locks, right? Not midnight tonight <_<

I've got most of my matches done up but no images and no backstage segs. Reckon I'll be done for tomorrow evening...

Nice little summary there Volt bai, you've a style of writing thats very easy on the eye

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Nice little summary there Volt bai, you've a style of writing thats very easy on the eye
    Glad you enjoy it man. I can't come close to the comedic value of yours or Flah's show but each to their own! Should have the ppv up later this evening.

Advertisement