Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft discussion ***EVERYBODY READ POST 965***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I see TSC is taking my idea of reuniting rosey and hurricane. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I ended up choosing him for my roster cause with the match I have for Cane in mind, I figured he'd fit perfectly. I didn't have the plan way back when we talked though >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

How does everyone feel about Sunday, March 13th, as the deadline for submitting the final PPV write-up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

How does everyone feel about Sunday, March 13th, as the deadline for submitting the final PPV write-up?

Sounds good to me boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

and me too.

Is there gonna be a separate thread for the PPVs?

• Advertisement

We can use the Evaluation thread for submitting the write-ups rather than a new thread. I'll PM all the details to everyone when the round ends but a basic rough outline would be like this:
    - After the end of Rd 15, there will be 24 hours for last minute trades before the Picks thread is closed.

- A deadline of 13th March for submitting PPV cards before the Evaluation thread closes.

- After that, a period of 2-3 days for reading the PPVs and submitting to me via PM your 7 favourite rosters.

I'll then count the votes and publish the result the following day along with who voted for who, as we've done in past years.

All of this is subject to change but that's the plan so far. If others are happy with this then I hope to send on the details tomorrow evening to make sure everyone knows what the plan is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thirds show up. Shortest of the three but continues all the stories in the direction I want them to go...

Thirds show up. Shortest of the three but continues all the stories in the direction I want them to go...

Excellent show there, TSC.
    Shatners the man, theres no doubt he is the Flair of the (outside of sports) entertainment world.

Id like to shamelessly plug my own show for a moment:
    Head on over to the evaluation page where Mr. Shane O'Mac's plans for NEXUS is revealed. And which one of the new members of the roster are in cahoots with NEXUS? It could be the dominant Rob Terry, Or maybe even The Brian Kendrick!

Also tonight: the contract signing for the biggest wrestling main event of the century. Will NEXUS get to Hulk Hogan and prevent the match from going ahead by taking out the Legend?

All will be revealed.. TONIGHT!
    :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

final pre PPV BWA Raw is up...

final Card:

7yO.png

Nice one CMPunked - I was reading your write up saying to myself "why in the name of God is he booking Hogan as such a pussy???!" Then the swerve. Nice one, "Nexus World Order" has a lovely ring to it. If that can't turn Cena face nothing can (or will it turn Hogan UBER face actually!!?)

Will throw feedback up for everyone else in a bit.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the nice words Flah. :)
    It was the plan i had from the very start of the draft and i hope no one thinks that its just a simple case of Cena v A faction. Oh no my fellow posters, there will be more revealed.

The logo looks even better:
    nwo3.jpg

MNG: Another strong showing this year. Lovely old school feel to the roster and your booking shows a good understanding of the guys you chose. I like that you didn't go the safe route of just booking DX and your dislike of Hunter shines through in your writing!;)

Bounty Hunter:
    A nice mix of puro guys for the smarks and sports entertaininment for fans of that genre of PW. Brave move to piut Rikidozan into the Main Event but you have defined everyone's role very well so a lack of familiarity won't be a problem. I'm intrigued to see who your Black Tiger is gonna be. A lot of hard work seems to have gone into your write ups, fair play. The only minor quibble is if the KOTR concept was even needed, your two semi final matches are strong enough to stand alone IMO.

Spongey:
    One of the front runners IMO. I son't think anyone has the depth of talent that you have with modern stars like Edge, Orton and Sting rubbing shoulders with Lou Thesz, Terry Funk, Morales, Orton Sr and Muraco. Astonishing array of talent really. Show are well written and all the feuds make perfect sense.

Furious Red:
    A ballsy move to take Seamus when you had the pick of anyone in the game at the very start. The Mercury/Morrison rivalry was a good diversion for their evential feuds on your PPV. The womens divisoion is very strong. That Mary Byrne line is one of the highlights of PW Draft
    2011.:pac:

thebostoncrab:
    Great ROH feel from your roster but with the added star power of the likes of Benoit and Dusty. Few will be able to match your workrate with great wrestlers all over the card and you have a great understanding of your talent. theres also plenty sports entertainment with the Joey Ryan and Val Venis having great potential for some serious LOL's. The Horsemen faction is epic and Claudio/Hero was a pretty unique idea with Elixabeth thrown in.

JP Liz: the pairing of "Dessie" Wolfe and Stephanie is very intriguing and her feuds with Y2J were always great entertainment. With Jericho and Piper wou have some of the greatest talkers and there's serious potential for workrate with MCMG, the Brits, de Rio and the other X Division style workers. Nice diverse international feel to the roster as well.

campo: What I like about you is that you're not afraid to take people who've never worked together and throw them together. You did it last year and did the same this time round with Yoko and Rikishi - and when you do it makes sense. pairing Rosso with Nexus is a great idea as well and a feud with Vince makes sense too. You're not afraid to push the young guys like Drew as well which is good to see.

Teamshadowclan:
    Another strong front runner. The Flair/Punk feud is fresh and makes sense on many levels nd you have written for the very wellespecially Punk. The faction and name is good as well. You have an epic tag division and the four way would be an amazing match. I enjoyed the Shatner cameo as well.

Voltwad:
    A very strong showing again this year. Perfect/Rock is a great fresh feud but the Perfect faction makes it extra good. Aries/Strong and Trish just fit in there beautifully. The Masters/Luger match makes perfect sense and i'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the likes of Nakamura who's a savage talent.

Diabhal Beag:
    F*cking genius from start to finish tbh. Absolutely hilarious stuff from your p*ss taking of Mayo and Sligo to the Galwegian Cruiserweight Title to the name of the PPV. Definitelty the write ups I've loooked forward to the most.

Gerard C:
    As many will know I have an awful man-crush on the bauld Ger and he's not letting me down again this year. The East Coast/West Coast is pretty genius and took an awful lot of clever picks and planning. I've been present at the booking meetings of the PWF and lets just say the Abdullah/Abyss feud is amazing and there's one match to come that's gonna shake this very draft to its foundation.....

Slick Ric:
    Hopefully you get a few more write ups in, but even if you don't you have a really strong roster. the Snake/Austin feud is full of so many possibilities and you've built it beautifully so far. Hassan is being used very well and the Bob Sapp stuff/Gorgeous George stuff has side splitting potential. With Arn and Tully, Stevens and Pillman on the card as well, you'll be there or thereabouts.

waltersobchak: SO much talent on your card walter, should be an amazing PPV. Interested to see where you go with Devitt and the bulldogs. Angle and Andre would be a fascinating match up. The Bischoff and Heyman stuff would be excellent as well and your undercard is brim full of other great guys like Hayabusa and Juvi. Definitetly one to watch.

Cactus Colm: Savage/Guerrero is a sgood a match as anyone has thrown together. Apart from that your tag division is very very strong and theres a great international feel to things with the luchadores and TM. Some serious double jobbing going on as well! Interesting to se where you go with the "fake" Taker and Kane. Good outside the box thinking to have gotten them.

Hopefully D2D, Bubs and DQ get a few more write ups up as well. I'd be particularly intrigued by Bubs Hart family situation and the Sheik/Steiner debate, Full of win.

Phew, I think thats everyone, if I've left anyone out let me know! Incredibly high standard this year, great to have 20 people see it through to the end which is a first.

Just a reminder that a handy way to get everyone's write ups in order is to click the number of posts beside teh thread and you get everyone who posted in the thread with their write ups in reverse order:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2056165599

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Sorry guys if I'm not as active in this for this years draft:(:(

Atm, I'm really screwed over with Collage work atm due to me being really sick the past 2 weeks (I think I'm behind in around 6 things). I'll try my best to put up another show (I should be ok for the PPV) but I've gotta catch up and sort out my Collage work first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

damn you punked nexus world order is a great idea

Got to mention them on my PPV time for Russo to run down Hogan

What's with the hold-up in this round? I was hoping this would be well sorted by now. Please crack on with this folks. I'd like this round to be wrapped up by this time tomorrow.

After Furious-Red picks as the 20th contestant there will then be a 24 hour period for last minute trades. Following this I'll request the picks thread to be locked. If Bubs has not made a pick before that time then it will be too late by that stage so hopefully he picks later. If he still hasn't picked then I'd like Liz to make her pick when she's next on, and after her Furious-Red. The round needs to end soon if we are to stick to the timetable I've set out.

I'm going to send on PMs shortly to all participants with the details on the final phase of the contest which I mentioned earlier in this thread. If there are any concerns with the proposals for the final phase let me know.

campo wrote: »
    damn you punked nexus world order is a great idea

Got to mention them on my PPV time for Russo to run down Hogan

ill be honest campo and say you had me shítting bricks that you had the same idea when you got barett and nash.
    I dunno what i would have done then!

What's with the hold-up in this round? I was hoping this would be well sorted by now. Please crack on with this folks. I'd like this round to be wrapped up by this time tomorrow.

After Furious-Red picks as the 20th contestant there will then be a 24 hour period for last minute trades. Following this I'll request the picks thread to be locked. If Bubs has not made a pick before that time then it will be too late by that stage so hopefully he picks later. If he still hasn't picked then I'd like Liz to make her pick when she's next on, and after her Furious-Red. The round needs to end soon if we are to stick to the timetable I've set out.

I'm going to send on PMs shortly to all participants with the details on the final phase of the contest which I mentioned earlier in this thread. If there are any concerns with the proposals for the final phase let me know.

Looks like Bubs missed his turn so Liz is up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Lads, seeing as it's the final round an all can I just go ahead and pick now. I need this Neidhart to move ahead with the storyline, Liz isn't on yet and someone else got let off in the final round. Please

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Lads, seeing as it's the final round an all can I just go ahead and pick now. I need this Neidhart to move ahead with the storyline, Liz isn't on yet and someone else got let off in the final round. Please

I'm next so go ahead and pick before me I dont mind

1. Furious-Red - Sheamus, Rey Mysterio, MNM, The Pope D'Angelo Dinero, Test, Matt Morgan, X-Factor aka Albert and X-Pac, Jay Lethal, Al Snow, Madison Rayne & Tara, Monty Brown, Gail Kim, Molly Holly, Gunner and Murphy, Tyson Tomko

2. SlickRic - Stone Cold Steve Austin, Jake Roberts, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard, Brian Pillman, Ray 'The Crippler' Stevens & Peter Maivia, Bob Sapp, Strike Force aka Tito Santana and Rock Martel, Muhammad Hassan, Yoshihiro Tajiri and Mikey Whipwreck, The Wild Samoans, Gorgeous George, Harlem Heat 2000 aka Stevie Ray and Ahmed Johnson, Shaquille O'Neill, Mike Quackenbush

3. Flahavaj -Shawn Michaels aka HBK , Ted Dibiase Sr & Stan Hansen, The Road Warriors, The Dudley Boyz, El Santo and Gory Guerrero, El Hijo Del Santo, Finlay, Masahiro Chono, Marty Jannetty, Konnan, Billy Graham, King Kong Bundy, Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton, Sensational Sherri Martel,
    Shingo Takagi andBxB Hulk

4. Bubs102 - Owen Hart, Bret Hart, Scott Steiner, Rick Rude, Bam Bam Bigelow, Booker T, Iron Sheik, Diamond Dallas Page, The Great Khali, Kaientai, Stu Hart, Brian Blair, Kiss, Rick Steiner, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Jim Brunzell

5. Mr Nice Guy - Triple H, Christian, The New Age Outlaws, Bruiser brody, Jumbo Tsuruta, Vader, Magnum T.A. & Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Barry Windham, The Nasty Boys, Jim Cornette, Gene and Ole Anderson, The Fabulous Rougeaus, Chuck Norris, Sunny, Mistico

6. Ger.C - The Undertaker, Scott Hall, Tazz, Ken Shamrock and The Big Bossman, Giant Baba, Homicide and Hernandez, Abyss, Mexicools aka Super Crazy and Psicosis, Laycool aka Michelle McCool and Layla, Cryme Tyme, Abdullah The Butcher, Paul Bearer, Quinton Rampage Jackson, 2 Cold Scorpio, Conor Hurley, Jack Evans

7. Waltersobchak - Kurt Angle, The British Bulldogs, Bob Backlund, Fergal Devitt, Andre The Giant, Eric Bischoff, Paul Heyman, Masato Tanaka and Hayabusa, Juventud Guerrera, The Eliminators aka Pery Saturn and John Kronus, Bobby Heenan and Nick Bockwinkel, Shane Douglas, Paul Orndorff, Vampiro, Antonino Rocca

8. Voltwad - The Rock, Mr Perfect, Christopher Daniels & Evan Bourne, Lex Luger, Killer Kowalski & John Studd, Roderick Strong and Austin Aries, Rhyno, Trish Stratus, Kensuke Sasaki, Chris Masters, Captain Lou Albano, La Resistance aka Sylvan Grenier and Renee Dupree, Muhammad Ali, Beth Phoenix, Shinsuke Nakamura

9. CMpunked - John Cena, Hulk Hogan, RVD, Ted Diabiase Jnr & Cody Rhodes, Umaga, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel, Santino and Kozlov, Shane McMahon, The Beautiful People aka Angelina Love and Velvet Sky, Raven, Ezekiel Jackson, Rob Terry, The Brian Kendrick, Steve Blackman, Full Blooded Italians aka Nunzio (Little Guido) and Tony Marmaluke, Hardcore Bob Holly

10. Bounty Hunter - Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa, Ricky Steamboat, Jerry Lawler, Jushin Liger & Great Sasuke, Rikidōzan, Último Dragón, Sid Vicious, Bobbly Lashley, Junkyard Dog, The Briscoes, Harley Race, Jay Leno, Jenna Jameson, Rocco Rock & Johnny Grunge aka The Public Enemy, MsChif & Cheerleader Melissa

11. Teamshadowclan - CM Punk, Ric Flair, Beer Money, Kenta & Naomichi Marufuji, Lance Cade, Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin, Dolph Ziggler, Kid Kash and Jamie Noble, R-Truth, The Hurricane, Ace Steel, Jimmy & Jay Uso, William Shatner, Trevor Murdoch, Rosey

12. Dare 2 Defy - AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Kane, Generation Me, Crash Holly, Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black, Kofi Kingston, Amazing Red, Essa Rios, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder, Shannon Moore & Jesse Neal aka Ink Inc, Frankie Kazarian, Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr, Petey Williams, Robbie E

13. Campo - Mr Anderson, Vince McMahon, Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre, Kevin Nash, Yokozuna, Jack Swagger, Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty, Jery Lynn, Gillberg, Michael McGillicuty, Brett Dibiase, Antonio Inoki, Vince Russo, Grandmaster Sexy aka Brian Lawler, Eric Young and Orlando Jordan, Nick Gage

14. JP Liz - Chris Jericho, MCMG, Desmond Wolfe and Magnus, Billy Kidman and Paul London, Kerry Von Erich, Alberto Del Rio, Carlito and Primo Colon, Stephanie McMahon, Hamada and Taylor Wilde, Doug Williams, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Chavo Guerrero, Mr. T, Lita, "The Real Deal" Damien Steele

15. Spongey1975 - Edge, Sting, Orton, Matt Hardy and MVP, Lou Thesz, The Rock n Roll Express, Jeff Jarett, The Dream Team aka Greg The Hammer Valentine & Brutus The Barber Beefcake, Macho Libre, The Natural Disasters, Terry Funk, Vickie Guerrero, Cowboy Bob Orton & Don Muraco,
    Stacy Keibler, Pedro Morales

16. Glenjamin - Bryan Danielson, Goldberg, The Ultimate Warrior, The Midnight Express, "Classy" Freddie Blassie, Low Ki,
    The Hart Dynasty aka Tyson Kidd and David Hart Smith, Dean Malenko, Goldust, Jessie Ventura, Michael Cole, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jimmy Snuka, Mary Henry and D'Lo Brown, LA Warren

17. DieselQueen - Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, William Regal and Lance Storm, The Great Muta and Hiroshi Hase, Buddy Rogers, John Bradshaw Leyfield, Ron Simmons, Chris Harris aka Braden Walker, Justin Credible, Bruno Sammartino, The Sandman, Larry Zbyszko, Tito Ortiz, Tommy Dreamer, Jun Akiyama

18. Cactus Colm - Eddie Guerrero, Randy Savage, Michael Hayes and Terry Gordy, Satoru Sayama, Art Barr, The Big Show, Barry Darsow and Brian Adams aka Smash & Crush, Chyna, Super Destroyer & The Masked Superstar, Jesse and (Festus aka Luke Gallows), The Sheepherders, Brian Lee, Mickey Rourke, Ultimo Guerrero, Silver King

19. TheBostonCrab - Samoa Joe, Chris Benoit, Batista, Takeshi Morishima, Miss Elizabeth, El Generico & Colt Cabana, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards aka The American Wolves, Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli, Nikita Koloff, Necro Butcher, Dusty Rhodes, Steve Corino and CW Anderson, Aja Kong, Gilberg, Val Venis, Joey Ryan

20. Diabhal Beag - The Miz, Mike Awesome, Teddy Hart, Dr Death Steve Williams, Doink, The Original Gangsta New Jack, Disco Inferno, Sgt. Slaughter, Vic Grimes, Percy Watson, Atsushi Onita, Iron Mike Sharpe, Mike Tyson, Mickie James, Sabu

(Please check all just to make sure no pick or trade is left off any roster)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Can I just double check this, Gillberg IS on my roster? 'Cause he was dropped from one roster and I just commented saying "I'll take him"? Because although I was singing the pros of having a jobber on a roster I can't fit him in with my PPV

Can I just double check this, Gillberg IS on my roster? 'Cause he was dropped from one roster and I just commented saying "I'll take him"? Because although I was singing the pros of having a jobber on a roster I can't fit him in with my PPV

If he's just up for grabs i'd have him like I sadi you could always just have him job to a local wrestler in a pre show way to get the crowd hot if you had em. I've a feeling you having him is a mistake though unless he was actually traded to you for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Exactly, I just noticed suddenly that he was on my roster and I wanted to see if it was because of my comment 'cause I did trade anyone for him.

Will I remove him from your roster so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

The picks are completed, well done everyone.

My final show is up now, kinda rushed through it as i wanted it up quickly to give me plenty of time to do the PPV. What will i do when all this is over :D

Just so to be clear do I need to use everyone on my roster in the PPV?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just so to be clear do I need to use everyone on my roster in the PPV?

you dont have to but the idea was that the shows were only to build to the real showcase of your promotion the PPV and it might seem odd if you drafted someone who never made your card. Use that sharkboy idea if its a jobber you wanna squeeze in or just have someone in someone elses corner or something maybe

ill edit Liz's list into the OP of the other thread when the Gilberg thing is done too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Liz, you left Jim Brunzell out from mine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

first year with no dropouts? kudos to all!

• Advertisement

Yeah that's about it for the picks phase. As Volt says great to see the entire group finish this year. Hopefully everyone completes the full game and votes at the end because last year's contest went right down to the wire.

I'm going to try and put up my fifth weekly show today and then work on putting together my PPV in a few day's time. I've scanned the evaluation thread and I see a lot of new shows up so I'll try and give feedback on the ones I've missed in the next few days. Keep up the fine work. :cool:

Advertisement