Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft discussion ***EVERYBODY READ POST 965***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

will hopefully have mine done tommorow night (evening your time), doing some now even though its super late but damn its a long write up.

Also enjoyed the write up Volt short but informative, outlines everything well and easy to read.

Made me laugh that when I thought up using twitter for my angle it was just to mess about with twitter not using the thing myself but (just checked the thing for the first time in a while) BWA bounty hunter actually has six follwers now! including 2 boardsies and someone with the handle DrunkBWA (not affiliated with my show)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Voltwad wrote: »
    Glad you enjoy it man. I can't come close to the comedic value of yours or Flah's show but each to their own! Should have the ppv up later this evening.

Thats whats savage about the draft though, there's something in it for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

It's not my final piece man, just a quick summary of my 4 shows to date. Currently writing my third match now, also have to decide on which acts will perform at the ppv ;)

It's not my final piece man, just a quick summary of my 4 shows to date. Currently writing my third match now, also have to decide on which acts will perform at the ppv ;)

Damien Dempsey is usually sound to play at these things

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Damien Dempsey is usually sound to play at these things
    Yeah he'll do an acoustic version of Evan Bourne's 'Bourne to Win' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ger looks like it could be two in a row for you, brillant video I can only imagine the carnage in Clonmel tomorrow :p

Guys, how do you even contemplate writing for a match you just foam at the mouth at the thought of. I mean, Nakamura v Daniels is just orgasmic dream wrestling...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good to see this is still ticking along nicely. I've been sick as a dog lately and haven't been on all week so I was hoping that wouldn't have caused a problem. Everything seems to be going OK though. Looks like I've a lot of reading the next few days to catch up on. :cool:
    Oh. Something hit me. When it says the deadline is 2mrw, it's 2mrw night the topic locks, right? Not midnight tonight <_<

I've got most of my matches done up but no images and no backstage segs. Reckon I'll be done for tomorrow evening...

Yeah the deadline is tomorrow night so submissions can be in all day Sunday. I'll ask the mods to lock the evaluation thread once we hit 12 a.m. Monday Irish-time so there's a little over 24 hours to get the PPVs done. I still have to do mine. Didn't plan on cutting it this close.

Edit: I forgot to add I hope to send around PMs soon explaining the voting system. Most seem to know it will involve choosing the top 7 rosters but I'll try and send on the details to make sure everyone knows. The PPVs need to be done for people to be able to vote and have a chance of winning so hopefully all the write-ups will be in by midnight tomorrow.

Just had a peek at the evaluations thread now. I figured there would be more PPVs done since there's not long left but hopefully they will be in by tomorrow night.

Just having the line-up of matches will count as a card since not everyone likes to do out the matches.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ger looks like it could be two in a row for you, brillant video I can only imagine the carnage in Clonmel tomorrow :p

Jesus i dunno about that now theres some serious standard this year! There will be carnage though, that much is true :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Can someone tell me how I put a youtube video into my post

campo wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how I put a youtube video into my post

click the youtube button there beside spoilers and paste in the youtube link but delete the equals sign (=) and everything before that in the link youve pasted and it should be grand

Evaluation is up in two parts. Going to be tough to decide where my points go. Best of luck to all.

Part One
    Part Two

Evaluation is up in two parts. Going to be tough to decide where my points go. Best of luck to all.

Part One
    Part Two

Well you had me fooled with the main event anyway, I was expecting an implosion! Fair play to ya. Great read. Good to see the PPV's start popping up.

Just did my PPV there now. Took me a lot longer that I expected but at least it's done. I'll hope to give feeback to everyone in the next few days. After the deadline passes at midnight Sunday there will be 3 days for people to read the write-ups and determine their favourites so hopefully a lot of feedback will be given to everyone in the next few days.

my ppv is also up some feedback on the two I read so far

Voltwad: As usual very well written an the fact that you had
    Perfect go over on the rock even if not cleanly was well done it would have been easy to give the title to the rock
    , I loved some of your match ideas like pink slip on the pole match and even the way Trish was used over all a strong show.

MNG: one of my favorites from the start and you did not let me down I was suprised that
    You had every member of t-rex lose
    but really showed the strenght of your roster I really think you be up there when all the votes are counted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Put mine up there. Spent probably 2 hours on that whole show including the shops.

Put mine up there. Spent probably 2 hours on that whole show including the shops.

Ger or Flah might have something to say about it but if this was based solely on humour youd be my favourite right now, i enjoyed reading that a lot.

didnt get to read the other PPVs yet, as all my extra minutes are being spent trying to finish my PPV which is far too long already

Ger or Flah might have something to say about it but if this was based solely on humour youd be my favourite right now, i enjoyed reading that a lot.

didnt get to read the other PPVs yet, as all my extra minutes are being spent trying to finish my PPV which is far too long already
    Cheers. I'm sure I won't win but I had fun making it. It will interesting to see which way the votes go. Humour or great rosters.

Cheers. I'm sure I won't win but I had fun making it. It will interesting to see which way the votes go. Humour or great rosters.

hopefully a few mix the two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

My PPV is up now. I look forward to reading everyones PPVs later today. Looks like it could be a close one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nearly done mine but I can't decide to winners in the Punk/Flair and Tag Team Tourney final matches :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

My PPV is up, would have loved to have developed my fueds further but alas i didnt quite have the time this year, looking forward to properly reading the shows, and best of luck to everyone..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Same as Walter, I didn't have the time to do my last two shows, so I just put up a press release before I post the PPV later on today.

PPV's

MNG - Great show from start to finish, good to see the members of T-Rex get their commupance! The ending of it was a thing of beauty. Well done.

Campo - Good PPV, great to see Drew in the Main Event. Enjoyed the tag titles tourney too!

DB - Unreal. 5 lines in, and I dunno why I was so amused by this, but i just loved the crowd booing Ming Flanagan. Nice cameo by Phil Lynott there at the end too. Class stuff.

Spongy - Not one weak match on your PPV, very stacked! I reallyed liked the Thez-Ortons fued, made for great reading.

Walty - Firstly, I laughed hard at Joey Styles disgust with the Tokyo Death Match. You could imagine it! Loved the build up to the ME, I was actually caught up in which way it was gonna go! Thats all you can ask for it pro wrestling. Top marks.

Mine will be up later on this evening. Ye can bite yer nails for another while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Card up, unfortunately college work has shot up so I couldn't put as much effort into the final part of the game!

DB: Some hilarious stuff there and i have no doubt you be up there when the counting ends

Spongey: Your roster is so strong and your PPV is one I would defo buy , I was very impressed

Walter: You got my top points last year and to be honest it is going to be tough not to give you them again this year , I loved the youtube vid in middle of show, you really showed how strong your card was, there was no bad matches on that show

overall after reading all the shows not sure how I will pick my 7 so who ever gets my points they will be well deserved

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Show up.

Jesus, my wrist is in bits from the typing >_<
    I actually wish I could keep going tbh. I don't like one month long feuds so there was a lot of them, especially Punk vs Flair, I would love to have done for three - four months.

• Advertisement

Will have a marathon reading day tomorrow so I'm looking forward reading more of ye're shows.

Advertisement