Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft discussion ***EVERYBODY READ POST 965***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

you do know you havent said your in for this yet in the participation thread, 4 spots remaining atm i think

Fate conspired during the last two drafts leaving me no chance to finish and this time I'm in China with scuppered internet access and a secondary account while Hello@boards.ie (AKA absolute waste of space) are on their third week of responding to my e-mail leaving me frustrated to **** with the website meaning there'd be no way I'll finish this years if I enter

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Bubs102 wrote: »
    Fate conspired during the last two drafts leaving me no chance to finish and this time I'm in China with scuppered internet access and a secondary account while Hello@boards.ie (AKA absolute waste of space) are on their third week of responding to my e-mail leaving me frustrated to **** with the website meaning there'd be no way I'll finish this years if I enter

off topic i know but why is your internet crap, Im in Taiwan and mines never been better. Pity cos otherwise id like to see you in it your always good for a laugh with storylines etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I have my top 18. Of course this definitely means I will be placed 19th in the 1st riund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Wont be taking part meself this year, but I am looking forward to see how things pan out. Good luck to all and newcomers beware this WILL consume your life so don't fight it. You'll love it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Wont be taking part meself this year, but I am looking forward to see how things pan out. Good luck to all and newcomers beware this WILL consume your life so don't fight it. You'll love it :pac:

I would love to take part but I don't have the time to dedicate to it. Good luck to all involved, I'll be keeping a keen eye on happenings!

• Advertisement

So far we have:

1. Ger.C (as the reigning champion)
    2. Flahavaj (as 2009 champion)
    3. Mr Nice Guy (host)
    4. Bounty Hunter (mod)
    5. Dieselqueen
    6. glenjamin
    7. Spongey1975
    8. waltersobchak
    9. Furious-Red
    10. Cactus Colm
    11. Diabhal Beag
    12. Thebostoncrab
    13. CMpunked
    14. Teamshadowclan
    15. Voltwad
    16. JP Liz
    17. Dare 2 Defy
    18. Slickric

and Volt2007, Jaykhunter & Mr Guappa have opted out for this year

so 2 spots remain open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

jay would there be no convincin you to do it? i remember really enjoyin you shows last yea, very easy on the eye and entertaining. shur i was in final year bouncing between my thesis and the draft last year and i managed to graduate, college is no excuse! :)

Gerard.C wrote: »
    jay would there be no convincin you to do it? i remember really enjoyin you shows last yea, very easy on the eye and entertaining. shur i was in final year bouncing between my thesis and the draft last year and i managed to graduate, college is no excuse! :)

it would seem D2D agrees with you and we are down to 3 spots remaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    Surely it is up to you as the booker to establish new names.

Plus with a 1980 cut off, you have 30 years of debuts. It also makes the first round somewhat less important, which I think is a good thing as there will be at least one pre 1980 round where you can bolster your roster who an older bigger name.

Boo. I'd prefer it to be left at 1970 myself, it made it far more varied and enjoyable for me last year.

Well, so far I've got a list of 20 names, ranging from top guys all the way down to jobbers. I have three ME guys though I'll be happy with any one of them for instance...

This really is pointless until you see the draw for Round 1 unfortunately. Anywhere from 15-20 and you're struggling a bit from the off, especially if its a 1980-onwards game only.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    This really is pointless until you see the draw for Round 1 unfortunately. Anywhere from 15-20 and you're struggling a bit from the off, especially if its a 1980-onwards game only.

if it is 1980 onwards there simply has to be atleast two rounds in which pre 1980 picks are eligable, the amount of massive names that arent available in normal rounds is huge including several that would normally go in the 1st or 2nd rounds

if it is 1980 onwards there simply has to be atleast two rounds in which pre 1980 picks are eligable, the amount of massive names that arent available in normal rounds is huge including several that would normally go in the 1st or 2nd rounds

At least 2 rounds, the list is ridiculously long.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

flahavaj wrote: »

Yeah, I know. It's more as a guideline for who I'd like and what style of pick I want to make over the entire draft. I'm flexible though and I'll adjust accordingly :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Gerard.C wrote: »

Too kind words! Sorry man, the draft is far too addictive. Final year, need to TCB :)

whats going on? best part of 2 days and still 2 spots open... very unusual. Although one of the reasons i guess is a good thing as it seems only those willing to properly commit to the game are doing so.

maybe if nobody signs up after another day we just go ahead with 18 but maybe add an extra round to it as there will still be some quality names available at the end with less draftees

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Where's campo been of late? would've expected him to partake.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Where's campo been of late? would've expected him to partake.

hasnt been on boards for like 6 days

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There's one or two I was hoping to see take part whose efforts I've enjoyed but I guess they are too busy this time. I think we might as well leave it open for the weekend which is generally a slow enough period and maybe kick it off on Monday evening which is generally a busy time. The important thing is to have as many as possible near the end and I think last year we had the highest rate of finishing participants so hopefully more of the same this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have sent messages to a few people i thought would be interested. Hopefully they will take the spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

gimmick wrote: »
    I have sent messages to a few people i thought would be interested. Hopefully they will take the spots.

Or the bauld gimmick could throw his name in??:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Im back please tell me im not too late CWA needs to be in the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

think you're safe man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Going a different route this year might go for a card of mid carders who can cut a promo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Looking forward to seeing everyone's efforts again this year.

I would take part myself only I would like to survive my first year of Marriage! The time factor involved in the Draft would see my wife getting divorce papers drafted:pac:

after a change of heart from Bubs and Campo's return in time to sign up we now have a full roster of participants and are ready for this years rules and the start of the game \0/

filled with regulars this year we shouldnt have too many major delays the list of those involved is

1. Ger.C
    2. Flahavaj
    3. Mr Nice Guy
    4. Bounty Hunter
    5. Dieselqueen
    6. glenjamin
    7. Spongey1975
    8. waltersobchak
    9. Furious-Red
    10. Cactus Colm
    11. Diabhal Beag
    12. Thebostoncrab
    13. CMpunked
    14. Teamshadowclan
    15. Voltwad
    16. JP Liz
    17. Dare 2 Defy
    18. Slickric
    19. Campo
    20. Bubs102

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

hooray. Heres to the number 1 pick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Cant wait for this to start lads... And for MNG vs BWA vs WECWF part II!! And to the guys who havent done it before, welcome to the consumption of the next 4 months of your life:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

So when do the picks begin? I've been drawing up lists on the train home from work each day and planning back-ups for matches and loads of stuff!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

So when do the picks begin? I've been drawing up lists on the train home from work each day and planning back-ups for matches and loads of stuff!

On way to work?
    Give it a couple of weeks and you will be phoning in sick:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Myself and MNG will have it decided as to who will do the draw hopefully today or tomorrow.

Great news everyone.

Round one

is a stip round!!!

Advertisement