Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft discussion ***EVERYBODY READ POST 965***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

A massive +1 from me for the reversal of picks idea from BH, i think someone who's 20 one round and first the next is awesomely fair...

Then whoever is number 10 will always be in the middle though no? I like the randomness of the draw. Its like the rumble, its every man for himself, theres no love in the PW draft!

I really cant wait for this now, my thinking cap is firmly on me head now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

CMpunked wrote: »
    It sounds good in theory but let's say for round 4 your first and I'm last. When it's reversed then who's last will get 2 picks together. And then who was first (you in this case) will have to wait 20 picks.

Unless the rounds are done on a two by two basis. Like the first round order picked for round 1, then round 2 it's reversed. Round 3, new order, round 4 the 3rd order is reversed and so on so forth?

Yeah id persume it would be every 2 rounds..

But then again as Ger says the randomness is half the fun.. and waiting for your number each round

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah id persume it would be every 2 rounds..

But then again as Ger says the randomness is half the fun.. and waiting for your number each round

it being randomised again every 2 rounds is what I was talking about but i guess majority (plus Gimmick & MNG) will rule on such issues and as some said the randomness is fun, though it would remain just halfed as said above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I don't like the reversal idea. A straight draw every round is easiest and best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

As someone who didnt have very kind draws in last years draft i'd still be for randomising it every round. It adds to the fun and brings an element of luck to the competition

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

Yeah, I got a horrendous draw last year but I don't think it matters that much, just kept it challenging

One suggestion RE the celeb round. Why not just open it up to any celebrity. After all that's what promotions essentially have and it would make it far more entertaining.

Also, you could open the celebrity rule to get them in the group they came in with. I.E. you could get KISS instead of Gene Simmons, or the Jackass crew instead of Knoxville. Seeing as how this is how they were used I can't see why that's not fair

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Bubs102 wrote: »
    Yeah, I got a horrendous draw last year but I don't think it matters that much, just kept it challenging

One suggestion RE the celeb round. Why not just open it up to any celebrity. After all that's what promotions essentially have and it would make it far more entertaining.

Also, you could open the celebrity rule to get them in the group they came in with. I.E. you could get KISS instead of Gene Simmons, or the Jackass crew instead of Knoxville. Seeing as how this is how they were used I can't see why that's not fair

So I could get Liberace ... AND THE ROCKETTES?!

I had a pretty good draws last year ... not great the year before. I wouldn't be too in favour of reversing the rounds, just because that means the person in 10th place gets screwed over twice in a row. And I like that bit of chance. The only wrestler I really wanted to get last year was Bruiser Brody, and he lasted until the 5th round (at least). I think no matter what your draw you get, there should always be a good pick available.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd be in favour of random draws too. I experienced the reversal idea in the World Cup Draft and I remember there was a lot of bitching and complaining from people who felt they were getting ripped off in the special rounds because they could work out they were guaranteed a low draw in those rounds. At least with random draws you don't know where you will end up.

Myself and gimmick are preparing to set the rules for this year. How do people feel about the cut off point being moved to 1980 this time? As the sig says we will hopefully be up and running on this soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Myself and gimmick are preparing to set the rules for this year. How do people feel about the cut off point being moved to 1980 this time? As the sig says we will hopefully be up and running on this soon.

what was it prior?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Think it was 1970...? maybe I'm completely making that up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yes it was 1970 last year.

a 1980 cut off would be pretty tough .... a heck of a lot of people would be cut out .... I'd hope there would be at least an extra couple of rounds where you could make some pre-80's picks.

I think it might unbalance the first round quite a bit .... there aren't a lot of wrestlers who came after the Attitude era who could compete with the likes of The Rock or Steve Austin. The first round is where most people get their marquee names. To be in the bottom 5 of a post 80's only opening round could be a major disadvantage.

I think it might unbalance the first round quite a bit .... there aren't a lot of wrestlers who came after the Attitude era who could compete with the likes of The Rock or Steve Austin. The first round is where most people get their marquee names. To be in the bottom 5 of a post 80's only opening round could be a major disadvantage.

But there has been a lot of newer stars that have emerged this year that could make up for that?

But there has been a lot of newer stars that have emerged this year that could make up for that?

But could you really say they have established themselves as main event stars? For the most part I don't think they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I hope the first round draw is kinder to me this year than last when I was last :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

If ya don't mind I'd like to show Mr. Sobchak how proper booking is done :pac: I'm talking 1990 Memphis here :D

You couldnt book a 21st in the Roisin Dubh let alone a fuc*ing wrestling show:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You couldnt book a 21st in the Roisin Dubh let alone a fuc*ing wrestling show:pac:
    Wait till you see it bro. Teddy Hart vs Jerry Lawler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Its no coincidence i won this, Tipp won the all ireland and sheamus won king of the ringm in the one year, wait till ye see what ive in store this year lads

Up the premier!!

cheers for keeping my place man, lovin the mod excuse as its a valid reason tbh as i did edit the OP numerous times last year etc, seems i woulda been here in time to say im in anyway despite the time difference though. Looking forward to seeing my competition this year and the return of the boards monday night wars.

Peresonally I wouldent change the debut year as I agree it could unbalance the first round in particular with a lot of big names only being available in the pre-19?? round and therefore possible going to the same people who got the biggest names in Rd1 for instance. Although i do think that it would suit if there was more than one Pre-?? round like last year as there would then be more choice.

I liked the 1970 cut off last year, but will be happy with whatever is decided

transfered a few posts from the other thread to here, MNG asked for that to be kept chat free to make it easier to see who has enterd this year.

So far we have:

1. Ger.C (as the reigning champion)
    2. Flahavaj (as 2009 champion)
    3. Mr Nice Guy (host)
    4. Bounty Hunter (mod)
    5. Dieselqueen
    6. glenjamin
    7. Spongey1975
    8. waltersobchak
    9. Furious-Red
    10. Cactus Colm
    11. Diabhal Beag
    12. Thebostoncrab
    13. CMpunked
    14. Teamshadowclan
    15. Voltwad
    16. JP Liz

• Advertisement

But could you really say they have established themselves as main event stars? For the most part I don't think they have.

Surely it is up to you as the booker to establish new names.

Plus with a 1980 cut off, you have 30 years of debuts. It also makes the first round somewhat less important, which I think is a good thing as there will be at least one pre 1980 round where you can bolster your roster who an older bigger name.

sign me up boys. :cool:

sign me up boys. :cool:

wrong thread man, though im guessing this will probably be turned into the discussion thread once the draft is here and not coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

Thought of another new bad idea to make it more interesting

You could draft gimmick matches and once they're drafted they could not be used by anyone else. I.E. if somebody Taker they could then use a pick to take Hell in the Cell and nobody else could use it again. So at the end you would only have one ladder match, one MITB, one HITC etc. It would actually add something to the gimmick matches used as opposed to everyone throwing the kitchen sink at the roster

Bubs102 wrote: »
    Thought of another new bad idea to make it more interesting

You could draft gimmick matches and once they're drafted they could not be used by anyone else. I.E. if somebody Taker they could then use a pick to take Hell in the Cell and nobody else could use it again. So at the end you would only have one ladder match, one MITB, one HITC etc. It would actually add something to the gimmick matches used as opposed to everyone throwing the kitchen sink at the roster

you do know you havent said your in for this yet in the participation thread, 4 spots remaining atm i think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Thankfully I saw the thread in time. If I had missed this I would not have been best pleased!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Trying to draw up a list of people I want right now. Getting excited. After years of playing EWR, it will be fun seeing how people react.

I'm also trying to look at good guys people might not pick :) Going to be fun.

The remaining participants had better hurry up. 4 spots left. No excuses. There are a few I want to see involved and would be dissapointed if they didn't get in on time.

Seems to be a quicker uptake this year. Last year we had a right job filling the last few spots.

Trying to draw up a list of people I want right now. Getting excited. After years of playing EWR, it will be fun seeing how people react.

I'm also trying to look at good guys people might not pick :) Going to be fun.

i tried doing that before but i would end up getting annoyed because all my pre-determined picks were gone.

I'll be sticking to my old routine of whoever i can get at the time and see do any natural matches come out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

i tried doing that before but i would end up getting annoyed because all my pre-determined picks were gone.

I'll be sticking to my old routine of whoever i can get at the time and see do any natural matches come out of them.

Well, so far I've got a list of 20 names, ranging from top guys all the way down to jobbers. I have three ME guys though I'll be happy with any one of them for instance...

Advertisement