Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft discussion ***EVERYBODY READ POST 965***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

This, lads, is what commitment really is

You're right he should be committed - to a loony bin.:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

flahavaj wrote: »
    You're right he should be committed - to a loony bin.:pac:

ahh where is the fear that comes with being a mod, damn people know I can take a joke. I'll be honest the draft is the one thing I allow myself get obsessed with, its great to distract myself with at times too, never bored while the draft is going on.

one of these days ill win this thing even if I have to do this to all my fellow competitors in order to achieve it*

901225.gif

*obviously not true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

And we're off, nice one MNG.

Number 6 isnt a bad start for round one I must say, off to a good auld start

and we are off, interesting twist is that the 1980 rule is only for rd one then it revets back to 1970 as in previous drafts so many big names will be about in rd 2 for sure.

time to consider a plan J after my no.10 draw....let the fun commence/gnight

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Ouch .... I think with that stipulation being in the bottom few of that round is quite a handicap!

Still .... delighted it's finally started!

• Advertisement

3rd - nice. First time I've actually gotten a good first round draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

arrrgggh. 17th.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I like the fact that the 1980 stip leaves a good few decent names available and I was thinking maybe for Round 2 - as a one off - we could make it a reversal round and then those at the bottom of this round could have a handy draw for the next one.

What does everyone think?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I like the fact that the 1980 stip leaves a good few decent names available and I was thinking maybe for Round 2 - as a one off - we could make it a reversal round and then those at the bottom of this round could have a handy draw for the next one.

Nah, that screws over those of us in the middle since we'd be definitly in the middle both times <_<

11th. Not bad. Shame I reckon, based on who is above me, that I'll lose my Number 1 pick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

As someone who is low on the first round I selfishly agree with this :p

But in all seriousness n'ah I think it'll make it more interesting to have it random.

• Advertisement

People are going to agree or disagree with this based on where they were drawn at this stage tbh.

I don't mind either way, in a way a low draw is more challenging and your choice is nearly made for you.

I also selfishly agree. Haha. Now the tense wait to see if my boy is picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

I think It's just bad luck for us in the low end of the picks ... that said I wouldn't complain too loudly if it was decided just to reverse the selections!

I forgot about people in the middle actually. Yeah a reversal idea wouldn't help them. Guess we'll leave it so. Sorry to those I gave a crappy draw to but as flah says maybe it can be used as an advantage.

haha I'd say Stone Cold will slip under the radar til 17 anyway, no worries on my part.

haha I'd say Stone Cold will slip under the radar til 17 anyway, no worries on my part.

I know some are feckin obvious but from this point on please try and not name names in this thread folks atleast until those wrestlers have been drafted.

and yeah id agree with Fla before the draw i woulda been up for reverable but now with no.10 ummm...

now to actually slleep this time

I'm just glad two of my main pick are pre 1980 in their debuts. Have another three I have great plans for that I'm praying don't get picked

I know some are feckin obvious but from this point on please try and not name names in this thread folks atleast until those wrestlers have been drafted.

now to actually slleep this time

Yeah. Not thinking people will deleberatly steal people, but you give people ideas (again though, not that I think a particular person above me won't pick my first pick on round one <_<)

Yeah. Not thinking people will deleberatly steal people, but you give people ideas (again though, not that I think a particular person above me won't pick my first pick on round one <_<)

I'm looking at two guys in particular who I think will have the first first round pick as myself. Fingers crossed they don't go the route I think they will!

Sorry lads. Forgot about that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hey guys gonna make my pick now , cheers for mr Crab for reminding me i got 1st pick

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Done

Interesting first first pick :)

Curveball there! never expected Sheamus as the number one pick on the first round. Fair play though! something different!

Can we do the same thing this year again lads where we PM the next guy on the list once we've chosen so as to keep things moving along?

Yeah I think thats a good plan...

Sending on a PM to the next in line is not a bad idea. Bubs has said that he might not be around the next few days and to move on without him if he got a high draw:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69965491&postcount=175

So he might not be able to get on.

Well, you were quite wrong, weren't you :P

The Show Stopper is the first pick for Team Flah. Really excited at the possibilities this throws up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Great stuff that we're underway. I'm saying goodbye to my social life for the next 3 months or so

Advertisement