Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft discussion ***EVERYBODY READ POST 965***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gimmick wrote: »
    Myself and MNG will have it decided as to who will do the draw hopefully today or tomorrow.

Great news everyone.

Round one....is a stip round!!!

methinks its time i stop making potential plans for this as spanners are going to be intentionally thrown in the works so as to make this quite the challenge... bring it on.

Can the stip be announced now pre first round draw so we have some time to think about it and then once the draw is made we whoever is first can get us going immediatley?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Can the stip be announced now pre first round draw so we have some time to think about it and then once the draw is made we whoever is first can get us going immediatley?

I agree 100%, great time saving idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

methinks its time i stop making potential plans for this as spanners are going to be intentionally thrown in the works so as to make this quite the challenge... bring it on.

No. It is actually not that bad a stip tbf. It may well not interfere too much, but it will have a (good) knock on for round 2.

thats cool. looking forward to this starting, got a lotta time to kill this weekend so my brain is working overtime on this one.

gonna take a stab in the dark: only those debuted pre 1980 are available in rd 1, which would leave loads of big rd1 type names available in Rd 2 and eliminate much of the aww but what about the big list of Rd1 quality pre 1980 wrestlers we cant pick type of talk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

*Watches as I get a nice high number in round one but don't get the main wrestler I want due to stip, then get really low number in round two*

:P

Question: Are trades allowed at any stage?

• Advertisement

*Watches as I get a nice high number in round one but don't get the main wrestler I want due to stip, then get really low number in round two*

:P

Question: Are trades allowed at any stage?

last year there was a trade period at the end of the draft rounds, there was talk though that this year trades would be available to be made in a few pre selected rounds. Guess Gimmick or MNG will decide on this too for this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Fantastic. Cant wait for this to get started

Thank God my list of guys is divided up by company, preference and debut year!

Thank God my list of guys is divided up by company, preference and debut year!

probably a good thing but remember that was just a wild guess by me, despite being Gimmicks co-mod ive no inside track on what the stips will be so do not, I repeat do not base plans on what i ponder out loud folks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I'm going to suck something rotten at this. Most of the enjoyment I get out of it is just seeing who I can pick on the spot. :)

Looking forward to the mayhem all the same, though :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Great news everyone.

Round one is a stip round!!!

TNA! TNA! TNA! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Any idea yet when this will kick off?

glenjamin wrote: »
    Any idea yet when this will kick off?

well i havent seen MNG about today and before today we didnt have a full list of competitors. Gimmick said today he wasnt sure if he or MNG would be doing the draw so you would have to assume when MNG is on and he and Gimmick are in touch on the issue with MNG knowing everything is ready to go the one of them will make the first round draw and Gimmick will announce the first round stip. Gimmick did suggest he hoped it would kick off today or tommorow earlier so the wait is almost over.

Like in previous year a new thread for picks will be opened when that is the case too and hopefully all the rules (if any have changed) will be in the OP of that along with the first order when its posted.

Were almost there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I've a list of people I really want but I'm half tempted just to rip it up. After last years draft, I'm probably gonna continue my under-achievers roster again this year.

The D.W.O is back (and will spring a surprise or two);):D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good to have a full twenty. I can do the draw this evening if it suits. I think I have most of the rules available which contain just some tweeks from last year to improve matters. As BH says the rules will go up in the first post of the picks thread and questions on the game can be asked here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I've a list of people I really want but I'm half tempted just to rip it up. After last years draft, I'm probably gonna continue my under-achievers roster again this year.

The D.W.O is back (and will spring a surprise or two);):D

I dont remember selling it back to you:pac:

Good to have a full twenty. I can do the draw this evening if it suits. I think I have most of the rules available which contain just some tweeks from last year to improve matters. As BH says the rules will go up in the first post of the picks thread and questions on the game can be asked here.

I'd be game for this evening :D

Actually now that I think about it maybe a draw tonight would not be a good idea because I gave the impression yesterday that we'd probably kick off on Monday so a few people might be under the notion that it won't be on this weekend and might not be about. There's no point starting it and ending up with an early delay so maybe tomorrow evening would be a safer bet.

I dont remember selling it back to you:pac:

You didn't read the final print in that deal, did you?? You see, we have rules and you must abide by them;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Tomorrow evening at around 8 would suit me lovely. Finish work then... Have a good six hours to mull it over between my top 3. All of a similiar mould. Just can't decide between them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It always bothers me when rugby players refer to themselves as footballers. Ye are not footballers, ye are egg chasers.

It always bothers me when rugby players refer to themselves as footballers. Ye are not footballers, ye are egg chasers.

*hic*?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll be on pretty much every day from 9 am till 11 pm (The joys of being unemployed <_<)

Not that I want the game built around my timing btw. More if people are after me in the picks and are wondering where I am, I generally don't be on that late at night, in which case I'll make my picks as soon as I wake in the morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

Guys, if I'm at near the top feel free to skip me for three days until I get back online. Sorting out internet access to my home in the next week so this will be the last weekend without it. Moved to a different city so it's a little hectic

wonder how many times im going to feel like posting this in this thread waiting for people to make their drafts, already feel like posting it tbh just waiting for the thing to start

wonder how many times im going to feel like posting this in this thread waiting for people to make their drafts, already feel like posting it tbh just waiting for the thing to start

Ha, I'm the same! Can't wait for it all to start.

OK folks the picks thread will be up shortly. Just have to get the rules compiled and sort out the draw. Round 1 is a stip round as gimmick said so stay tuned. ;)

yay \0/ not sleepin yet so (4am here :) )

yay \0/ not sleepin yet so (4am here :) )

This, lads, is what commitment really is

• Advertisement

This, lads, is what commitment really is

felt quite sad re-reading that tbh but sure the missus is always asleep a few hours before me and tommorow is the last day I dont have proper work (supposed to observe 1 evening class ill be taking over) so dont have an early start. Will check the order of the first round post then straight to sleep in the knowledge that I know when im expected to pick and should not be holding this up from having a good start. Also if im curious about the stip tbh.

Was quite surprised i didnt hold up te game last year with my time difference, hell even got picks in wen pissed and up mountains during chinese new year (you listening Bubs ;) ) and this year with an iphone that should be even easier.

Advertisement