Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The try harder if ye want a second joke thread thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Several men are in the locker room of a golf club. A cell phone
    on a bench rings and a man engages the hands free speaker
    function and begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stops to listen.

MAN: "Hello"

WOMAN: "Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?"

MAN: "Yes"

WOMAN: "I am at the mall now and found this beautiful
    leather coat. It's only $1,000. Is it OK if I buy it?"

MAN: "Sure, go ahead if you like it that much."

WOMAN: "I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and
    saw the new 2007 models. I saw one I really liked."

MAN: "How much?"

WOMAN: "$90,000"

MAN: "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options."

WOMAN: "Great! Oh, and one more thing...the house I wanted
    last year is back on the market. They're asking $950,000"

MAN: "Well, then go ahead and give them an offer of $900,000. T hey will
    probably take it. If not, we can go the extra 50 thousand if it's really
    a pretty good price."

WOMAN: "OK. I'll see you later! I love you so much!"

MAN: "Bye! I love you, too."

The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room
    are staring at him in astonishment, mouths agape.

He turns and asks: "Anyone know who this phone belongs to?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

There are 2 cats, an English cat and a French cat, in a contest to swim the English Channel. The English cat is called the one two three cat, and the French cat is called the un deux trois cat. who won?

A: The English cat.
    un deux trois cat cinque!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,513 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

wexie wrote: »
    There are 2 cats, an English cat and a French cat, in a contest to swim the English Channel. The English cat is called the one two three cat, and the French cat is called the un deux trois cat. who won?

A: The English cat.
    un deux trois cat cinque!!!!!!!

Good God.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Sorry folks but I had a phone call early this morning that my best mate Gav died during the night so I'll be away from here for a few days,I can't believe big Gav is gone.
    R.I.P. BIG GAV.

Don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hagar the Nice.

Don't get it.
    Gaviscon. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Don't get it.

He left out the part where his friend apparently died of heartburn or an addiction to heartburn tablets or something.

Fail :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Sorry folks but I had a phone call early this morning that my best mate Gav died during the night so I'll be away from here for a few days,I can't believe big Gav is gone.
    R.I.P. BIG GAV.

Sorry Hagar but i actually thought you were being genuine here :pac: :(

Sorry Hagar but i actually thought you were being genuine here :pac: :(

Same here after I corrected him :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

I thanked the bloody thing to show support!!!:eek::pac:

Aphex wrote: »
    He left out the part where his friend apparently died of heartburn or an addiction to heartburn tablets or something.

Fail :p
    I knew it,I just knew someone would spot my mistook.:mad:

• Advertisement

I knew it,I just knew someone would spot my mistook.:mad:

We are here for you bro :D

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    I thanked the bloody thing to show support!!!:eek::pac:
    Think that's bad,I nearly got banned on another website cos there were loads of people going "So sorry for your loss mate. RIP"
    Then when someone told them the joke they were like "You bar steward,if I knew where you lived I'd boot your balls."
    Thankfully though,most folk saw the funny side of the story.
    P.S. I live on the Copland Rd,Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

P.S. I live on the Copland Rd,Glasgow.

What number is your house?
    I don't want to shoot the wrong man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

R.I.P. BIG GAV.

FFS, and for the last 20mins here was me thinking, poor BigGav's family, i wonder was it sudden, just goes to show you can go at anytime.

Nice one Hagar, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Don't get it.

Like many jokes in here, it was told badly. Here's a better way (this one probably works better spoken rather than written)

Just found out my mate has overdosed on indigestion medicine.
    I can't believe it ... Gav is gone

coolhull wrote: »
    What number is your house?
    I don't want to shoot the wrong man!

1,690 Copland Rd.:)

A young couple on their wedding night were in their honeymoon suite.
    As they were undressing for bed, the husband, a big burly man, tossed his trousers to his new bride and said: "Here, put these on."
    She put them on and the waist was twice the size of her body.
    "I can't wear your trousers," she said.
    "That's right,'' said the husband, "and don't you ever forget it. I'm the one who wears the trousers in this relationship."
    With that she flipped him her knickers and said: "Try these on."
    He tried them on and found he could only get them on as far as his kneecaps.
    "Hell," he said. ''I can't get into your knickers!"
    She replied: "That's right... and that's the way it is going to stay until your attitude changes."

Q: Why are hurricanes named after women?

A: Because when they come, they're
    wild and wet, and when they go they take your house and car with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

There was a male deciduous tree who started going out with a female coniferous tree. Everything was going ok but the female had a tendency to be a bit of worrier and go off the rails the odd time with this worry.

Anyway, one evening the deciduous tree came home a little late from work to find his girlfriend crying and screaming about him being out late and how he obviously didn't want to be with her.

He replied that he was only a little late, that he had been at work and she had nothing to worry about. To which she replied: "It's not your fault, but no matter what I do I know you're going to leave!"

Murphy, O’Shea & Mullligan go for a job on a building site, but have been told beforehand that the foreman dislikes the Irish. Murphy suggest to the other two that they give English sounding names.O’Shea goes in first to the interview and the foreman asks him his name,O'Shea looks out window and sees a Woolworth store. My name is F W Woolworth, get out shouts the foreman. Mulligan goes in same question he looks out the window and sees a shoe shop, my name is Freeman Hardy Willis, get out shouts the foreman. Murphy is last in and the exasperated foreman asks what’s your name, Murphy has a good look out of the window and replies Ken, thank Christ for that says the foreman, Ken who? Tuckey Fried Chicken says Murphy.

• Advertisement

An elderly businessman buys a large house. The house is situated on a cliff overlooking the sea. One evening, the old gentleman is out for his usual walk before going to bed. The evening is a very blustery one. He ventures a little too close to the cliff's edge, loses his footing and falls over the brink.
    Fortunately, he is able to grasp a very slender sapling that is growing out of the cliff, which stops his fall. The old gentleman hangs there for a few moments, terribly shaken. Eventually he calls out, "Is there anybody there?"
    At once a great voice seem to fill the whole of the firmament. It comes out of the clouds, out of the sea and out of the cliff itself. It says in measured tones, "There is always someone up here, my son. All that you need to do is release your hold upon that small tree and you will descend safely to the shore below."
    The old gentleman considers this for a moment and takes a look down at the jagged rocks 200ft below him. Then he looks up again and says, "Is there anybody else up there?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

1,690 Copland Rd.:)[/QUOTE

Zombie heights?

A blind man was flying in a small plane with his brother, the pilot, when his brother suddenly clutched his chest and died. After finally finding the radio, the blind man called for help and was answered by an air traffic controller at a nearby airport. "You've got to help me! I'm totally blind, the pilot of this plane is dead, and we are flying upside down!" The air traffic controller answered "I understand that the pilot is dead and you are blind, but if you are blind how do you know that you are flying upside down?" "Because I have ****e running up my neck!!"

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    1,690 Copland Rd.:)[/QUOTE

Zombie heights?

Zombies can't climb.:)
    Psst,I was born green and I'll die green.

Two Irishmen move from Dublin to London to make their fortune. When they get there they decide to split living costs. Paddy pays the rent and Seamus buys the food.

The first day in their new flat Paddy comes home after work and says to Seamus " I paid the landlord. Did ye get the food Seamus. Seamus replies "Sure I did Paddy. Its in the fridge." Dats great " says Paddy, "Oim starvin" So he opens the fridge and there's about 50 bottles of Guiness in there. Then he sees at the bottom corner just half a loaf of stale bread.

"Are we having some kind of house warmin tonight" says Paddy. " No, sure we're not" says Seamus.

"Then what's all the bread for"

Just rammed an ice lolly up my bum.

It was fab.:)

Paddy was lying in bed facing his wife, he looks into her eyes and says, "Looking at your face reminds me of the Lottery."
    She replies "You mean I'm worth millions?"
    He says "No, I wish you'd effin roll over!"

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Just rammed an ice lolly up my bum.

It was fab.:)
    You can't beat a chilly willy

A newlywed couple arrived back from honeymoon to move into their tiny new flat.
    "Care to go to bed?" the husband asked.
    "Shh!" said his blushing bride. "These walls are paper thin. The neighbours will know what you mean! Next time, ask me in code - like, 'Have you left the washing machine door open' - instead."
    So, the following night, the husband asks: "I don't suppose you left the washing machine door open, darling?"
    "No," she snapped back, "I definitely shut it." Then she rolled over and fell asleep.
    The next morning, she woke up feeling a little frisky herself, so she nudged her husband and said: "I think I did leave the washing machine door open after all..."
    "Don't worry," said the man. "It was only a small load so I did it by hand."

• Advertisement

You can't beat a chilly willy
    True story (honest).
    Remember the awful weather we had during January 2011,well it's 3 a.m. in the morning and I looks out the window to see if it was still snowing,wife is shuffling about and I said to her "It's snowing again Cathy," to which she replied,"I'm not bloody snoring."
    Women,where would we be without them.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement