Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I did have a rather nasty freeze during one of the latter chapters of Uncharted 2. First time this has happened to me on the PS3.

I had 2 freezes myself. Totally froze the PS3 and i had to do a hard reset both times. I figured it was cause it had been running non-stop for 12 hours though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

12 weeks and counting!!!

bring it on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭turnfan

http://www.gamestop.ie/42040_PlayStation_3_Uncharted_3_Explorer_Edition.aspx

Looks better than the Infamous 2 CE, for a similar price.

mystic86 wrote: »
    12 weeks and counting!!!

bring it on :)

11 weeks and counting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Oh man I really want that box... but €117? :(

• Advertisement

Aww, i want that ring, but that's pretty expensive. Actually, October/November is going to be an expensive month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Daemos wrote: »
    Oh man I really want that box... but €117? :(

Yeah...that price is pushing it. It's hard to justify when the Arkham City CE is so much cheaper and appears to come with a nicer statue (though you'd have to see both in the plastic to be sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Christ yes, this and MW3 out within a week of each other, seriously cannot wait for this, wont watch any other trailers now, its closer to playing a movie than any other game and I dont want to ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I caved and went for the explorer edition!! couldnt help it - it has a case that holds 19 games - thats handy and practical.......(yes i am stiill trying to justify this purchase! :p )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Oh waow that last trailer - I really want to play this now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »

Very good vid! Think i might pick this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Nice being able to see the figure, etc. just a pitty it wasn't the EU version.

EU version: http://www.gamestop.ie/42040_PlayStation_3_Uncharted_3_Explorer_Edition.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Inkyhead

Sorry folks, this is released early November is it? Uncharted II is the GOAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Inkyhead wrote: »
    Sorry folks, this is released early November is it?

November 2nd.

That unboxing video is great, Nolan North is hugely entertaining. Kinda want the figure now!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Me watching that clip

:)

:)

:pac:

vpOEw.gif

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Can't ****ing wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not very realistic now is it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Mc Love wrote: »
    Not very realistic now is it :D

Yeah the plane seems to be falling yet Drake is moving horizontally...worst game ever

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Its great to have Sully back properly! Theres an "uncharted" novel comin out next month as well! That will quench the thirst slightly before november 1st!!:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Today I had the pleasure of attending an Uncharted 3 event and meeting Richard Lemarchand, the co-lead designer of Uncharted 3. I saw the gameplay segment that was shown at the Eurogamer Expo (that has since been leaked I believe) called ‘The Settlement’.

It was amazing! Of course it looked great but what was really interesting was hearing about all the behind the scenes stuff.

For example, Mr. Lemarchand was keen to point out that Uncharted 3 uses physics objects instead of animated objects as they did in Uncharted 2 – so for example, if you’re familiar with the cruise liner gameplay demo – the entire ship is a physics object, floating in a dynamically simulated ocean. So it’s likely that level won’t ever play the same exact way ever, but playing the game you may not ever be aware of that fact!

They’ve also improved the lighting model used in the game, so apparently now they use real time volumetric lighting effects instead of particle effects, which previous games would have used. It really sells some of the scenes, they just look incredible due to the lighting.

Afterwards we got to have a go at the multiplayer LAN they had set up at 8 PS3 stations, where I kicked everyone’s ass. :P

Mr. Lemarchand was a pretty kickass dude I have to say, and made me appreciate the Uncharted games all the more with all the facts he came out with.

I do believe some Boardsies will be going to a similar event tonight, and there is something going on at GameStop in St. Stephen’s Green tomorrow also.

GothPunk wrote: »
    Today I had the pleasure of attending an Uncharted 3 event and meeting Richard Lemarchand, the co-lead designer of Uncharted 3. I saw the gameplay segment that was shown at the Eurogamer Expo (that has since been leaked I believe) called ‘The Settlement’.

It was amazing! Of course it looked great but what was really interesting was hearing about all the behind the scenes stuff.

For example, Mr. Lemarchand was keen to point out that Uncharted 3 uses physics objects instead of animated objects as they did in Uncharted 2 – so for example, if you’re familiar with the cruise liner gameplay demo – the entire ship is a physics object, floating in a dynamically simulated ocean. So it’s likely that level won’t ever play the same exact way ever, but playing the game you may not ever be aware of that fact!

They’ve also improved the lighting model used in the game, so apparently now they use real time volumetric lighting effects instead of particle effects, which previous games would have used. It really sells some of the scenes, they just look incredible due to the lighting.

Afterwards we got to have a go at the multiplayer LAN they had set up at 8 PS3 stations, where I kicked everyone’s ass. :P

Mr. Lemarchand was a pretty kickass dude I have to say, and made me appreciate the Uncharted games all the more with all the facts he came out with.

I do believe some Boardsies will be going to a similar event tonight, and there is something going on at GameStop in St. Stephen’s Green tomorrow also.

hey, cool :)

can I ask what the event was you attended, how did you get to go to it? the sony ireland facebook competition or what? And tonight, what event is on??

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

mystic86 wrote: »
    hey, cool :)

can I ask what the event was you attended, how did you get to go to it? the sony ireland facebook competition or what? And tonight, what event is on??

thanks
    I have... contacts... :pac:

Well it was a Sony Ireland event, so I think they're having people there all day. I do believe I saw some journalists heading in as I was leaving and I'm guessing they're seeing GameStop or Game employees as well. Tonight yeah they're having the competition winners over and then about tomorrow, PlayStation Ireland posted this on their FaceBook:
    Hey guys, if you're in Dublin tomorrow head down to Gamestop, Stephens Green. Spin will be broadcasting live from 2.45pm and Richard Lemarchand from Naughty Dog will be down from 3.30-4.30pm. Anyone who preorders Uncharted 3 on the day will get a signed inlay and entered into a draw for a €100 Gamestop voucher.

I got some goodies as well. I'm raging I didn't get Mr. Lemarchand to sign something!

GothPunk wrote: »
    I have... contacts... :pac:

Well it was a Sony Ireland event, so I think they're having people there all day. I do believe I saw some journalists heading in as I was leaving and I'm guessing they're seeing GameStop or Game employees as well. Tonight yeah they're having the competition winners over and then about tomorrow, PlayStation Ireland posted this on their FaceBook:

I got some goodies as well. I'm raging I didn't get Mr. Lemarchand to sign something!

what goodies did ya get?
    and what contacts ?! :(

ya im gonna go along tomorrow alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Feature on now on Matt Cooper about this!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Very good article on Matt Cooper I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, it was a very good interview.

Advertisement