Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That vid says "11-1-11"

Does that mean American dates ie 1st of November 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

ye thats the system they use. We shall expect uncharted 3 at the begining of November. Can't wait!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I guess i should finish the 1st one and play the 2nd sometime soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Don't bother with the first one, I hated it. The shooting is completley broken in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Don't bother with the first one, I hated it. The shooting is completley broken in it.

Story is still epic though.

I'd definitely play the 1st one, you develop more of a (may sound corny as ****) "relationship" with the characters for the second game which imo makes it so much more enjoyable. Gameplay isn't as bad as it's made out to be. The game was still good enough to enjoy a 88 score on metacritic!

• Advertisement

Yeah, the story is good but the AI is cheap as hell. If you're playing it, play it on easy. It might not be as bad that way. It's been a while since a game made me so frustrated. And not in a "oh, I'm stuck here" way, more of a "I've shot that **** 6 times in the head and he's still fine, **** this game", way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've almost finished it now, and am coming up to the infamous nazi zombies bit. So i'll force myself through that, and will pick up the 2nd in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yeah, the story is good but the AI is cheap as hell. If you're playing it, play it on easy. It might not be as bad that way. It's been a while since a game made me so frustrated. And not in a "oh, I'm stuck here" way, more of a "I've shot that **** 6 times in the head and he's still fine, **** this game", way.

Depends on what weapon you using, i played UC2 on hard first and didn't think it was that difficult and even on crushing i got a few 2 hit kill on the muties with careful aiming of the Desert 5. Head shots work fine on regular enemies the only thing that difficult on the top 2 levels are bosses where you low health is a problem.

I was only referring to UC1, which isn't much fun at all. Just started UC2 which is a vast improvement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I did really like Uncharted 1 but some bits were silly. I particularly hated clearing a place out of enemies and then having another squadron of them spawn in again, sometimes twice. Made the action scenes longer than they needed to be and dragged them out. Other than the dull as dishwater opening level Uncharted 2 was a massive improvement although I thought some of the himalaya levels dragged a bit. Wouldn't be close to my favourite game last year but it was damn good and well worth playing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I did really like Uncharted 1 but some bits were silly. I particularly hated clearing a place out of enemies and then having another squadron of them spawn in again, sometimes twice. Made the action scenes longer than they needed to be and dragged them out.
    It was almost like a dance routine, because they'd do the exact same things every time, so it was basically about persisting and redoing it until you got to the end after perfecting it, I can count at least 4 shoot-outs that went like this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Unlike some companies Naughty Dog took the criticism on on board and really crafted a very refined and hugely improved sequel. They deserved the success they got with Uncharted 2. Also Uncharted 1 was the first game to come out that was actually worth owning a PS3 for. Pity it was 9 months after I bought the thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Thought U1 was great and I only bought it on a whim to see what the fuss was about. Certainly there were missteps in it and the respawns were annoying but it was still easily a 9/10 for me. have just started U2 which I never played and it feels just as much fun and engaging.

In the series over all the characters are cheesy but likable and the story clips along at a nice pace without ever getting to complicated or feeling particularly forced, its easy to suspend your disbelief and get into it as if you watching an old school adventure movie like the original Indiana Jones Movies.

It seems Naughty Dog know they have a good formula on their hands and are making only small incremental changes and tweeks to the gameplay. I'm sure they will deliver another great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Unlike some companies Naughty Dog took the criticism on on board and really crafted a very refined and hugely improved sequel. They deserved the success they got with Uncharted 2. Also Uncharted 1 was the first game to come out that was actually worth owning a PS3 for. Pity it was 9 months after I bought the thing!

Uncharted 2 was the reason I got my Playstation, and I still love playing the game a year on. I hope they continue their refinement of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Uncharted 2 was the reason I got my Playstation, and I still love playing the game a year on. I hope they continue their refinement of the series.

Didn't get to play it again at the weekend as I was on the piss. Instead started again yesterday evening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Some gameplay for ya'll. Quality ain't great, but ya get the picture!

http://kotaku.com/5713237/first-uncharted-3-gameplay-footage-sets-a-house-on-fire

Really liking the fluid melee combat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Some gameplay for ya'll. Quality ain't great, but ya get the picture!

http://kotaku.com/5713237/first-uncharted-3-gameplay-footage-sets-a-house-on-fire

Really liking the fluid melee combat.

FIRE LOOKS AMAZING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Insurgent wrote: »
    Didn't get to play it again at the weekend as I was on the piss. Instead started again yesterday evening!!

Hard man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

"Is this an inner-ear problem!?" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

http://www.g4tv.com/games/ps3/64706/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/articles/73805/Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception-GDC-2011-Preview----Villain-3D-Revealed/

New Uncharted 3 info, trailer and much more in the link , also a *SUPRISE* Shock i wont say just incase ye want to keep suprises to yourselves

Bring on Uncharted 3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'm liking Sony more and more lately, this year the bad guys all tend to be English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Can't wait :D Uncharted series is one my favoruite game series.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Really looking foreword to this game, loved the first 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Boooring. :D Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Want.

I need this to renew my faith that games are still made for people who don't like/want/need to be abused and laughed at online by little american sh1tehawks. I want a game that will give me €50 worth of single player entertainment and they are getting fewer and farther between.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

milltown wrote: »
    Want.

I need this to renew my faith that games are still made for people who don't like/want/need to be abused and laughed at online by little american sh1tehawks. I want a game that will give me €50 worth of single player entertainment and they are getting fewer and farther between.

no they aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Oh, OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Oh, OK.

Just stating fact :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Oh, OK.

/Missed opportunity for "OH YES THEY ARE!!"