Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I don't if this has been posted but there's a rumour going around that this will have offline split screen co-op. Here's the video.

I've read a few interviews and they're always saying Sully will be with Drake throughout the game, so I suppose offline co-op won't come as a surprise. I'm just hoping that it's playable in online co-op too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Interview with Chris Balestra about MP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

New Uncharted 3 details – social media support, multiplayer, split-screen and more

http://gamingeverything.com/?p=3436

Naughty Dog i believe :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have never played an uncharted game but this looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Whats with all the facebook sh1te on games these days? more gameplay, less gimmicks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

krudler wrote: »
    Whats with all the facebook sh1te on games these days? more gameplay, less gimmicks!
    By the looks of that trailer, them further integrating social media into their game hasn't affected gameplay in the slightest. Don't be so quick to hate on something you're free to ignore. :rolleyes:

A lot of my 'friends' on FaceBook are people I game with so I could see features like this getting used.

Seems like they are just set on making this a very feature rich game, can't wait!

Game looks Gorgeous hope this doesnt end up like killzone 3 and was more towards the mp than the single player

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/04/18/uncharted-3-multiplayer-modes-detailed/

I trust naught dog they never disappoint but i hope the single player comes first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

krudler wrote: »

Worked well for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and wasn't a necessary feature to use. They also have a free tie-in text based game that fluffs oout the story nicely.

If Naughty Dog follow suit, I wouldn't be too worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Wheelie King

Hi guys and gals. Newbie here. Just wondering if this game is worth the outlay of my hard earned green. Need something to keep me occupied in the coming weeks. Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hi guys and gals. Newbie here. Just wondering if this game is worth the outlay of my hard earned green. Need something to keep me occupied in the coming weeks. Thanks in advance.

Game won't be out til novemberish.
    And yes it will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

That multiplayer trailer is deadly. Gameplay makes me want to play Uncharted 2 again and kill some people. The music makes me want to go on a rampage in real life and kill everybody in the world. I think there's some subliminal message in there :D

Behind the Scenes Mo-Cap video:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/the-egtv-show-uncharted-3-the-mo-cap-sessions?size=hd

Really does look like a fantastic place to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

cant wait

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Uncharted 3 eta details have been released:
    http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1171344p1.html
    When does the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta start?
    If you have the voucher from Infamous 2 or a PlayStation Plus subscription, June 28th. If you're what I like to call a "normie," July 4th.

When does the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta end?
    July 13th.

There will be no "normies" during this period as we should all have PS+ in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

F1ngers wrote: »
    Uncharted 3 eta details have been released:
    http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1171344p1.html

There will be no "normies" during this period as we should all have PS+ in the next few days.

I was coming here just to post exactly that. Very excited for this game. The multiplayer trailer was really cool, but all single player videos will be avoided like the plague. I wanna live it first time as im sitting there with my joypad in mah hand, just hope the story mode is co-op'able...If they stick to the same formula for the story mode and just tell a different story and improve apon the multiplayer i will be a happy man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

special editions of uncharted 3 have been revealed a couple of hours ago:

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1172151p1.html

Some Co-Op footage, needless to say looks amazing.

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/123?ch=4&sd=1_hd

Vertical gun fights!!!

im defiantly getting my hands on the special edition, shall be awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I'm definately not. I was going to but seeing what's included I'm not going to spend an extra €30+ on that stuff

This out on 1st of november and MW3 out on the 8th, no sleep for me for about two weeks then :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Add Skyrim, Batman and Assassin's Creed to that! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And Battlefield 3.

Get ready for dem images!! Game is bloody majestic looking.

lhdgo.gif

uc3e320111kj2w.jpg

uc3e3201110ujuk.jpg

1307502422_pc_event_bucket_106_017_007.jpg

3ksuZ.jpg

B5UDg.jpg

nCLU9.jpg

mRUe9.jpg

1437nc.jpg

Chloe and elna are back , makes me very happy , :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Nevermind your Uncharted. Heres the international version!

Single PLAYAAAAAAA!!!!!

MULTIPLAYAAAAA!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, i finally finished Uncharted last night. Nazi Zombies didn't actually bother me too much. Very enjoyable game. Not a classic, as it definitely has it's flaws, but very enjoyable, with some great characters.

This morning, i started playing Uncharted 2. Started around 10am...and i've just cleared it now. That was absolutely brilliant. Seriously, that's jumped into my top 5 games ever. It's been a long time since i've played a game all day and not been bored. Some fantastic moments, amazing set pieces, great dialogue. Everything. I finally get the hype :)

My anticipation for the 3rd has skyrocketed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Kiith wrote: »
    So, i finally finished Uncharted last night. Nazi Zombies didn't actually bother me too much. Very enjoyable game. Not a classic, as it definitely has it's flaws, but very enjoyable, with some great characters.

This morning, i started playing Uncharted 2. Started around 10am...and i've just cleared it now. That was absolutely brilliant. Seriously, that's jumped into my top 5 games ever. It's been a long time since i've played a game all day and not been bored. Some fantastic moments, amazing set pieces, great dialogue. Everything. I finally get the hype :)

I friggin hated the nazi zombies!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I finished Uncharted 2 tonight. Fantastic game, loved every second of it. My only minor criticism is that it wasn't always clear where you were supposed to go next. In one area, for example, there was a rope you were supposed to climb, but the rope kinda blended into the wall and wasn't easy to see. I don't recall having this problem to the same extent in the first game.

I found the gameplay in both games to be much the same. There was just a much better balance of different elements in the second one. Otherwise I thought both games were of similar overall quality. The Nazi zombies and the re-spawning waves of enemies in the first one wasn't a big issue for me. I've endured far worse in other games, and at least in U1 these long shooting levels were usually topped off with a brilliant set-piece.

I did have a rather nasty freeze during one of the latter chapters of Uncharted 2. First time this has happened to me on the PS3.

Kiith wrote: »

definitely gonna replay UC2 before the new one comes out, spend a weekend just flying through it on easy or something, its still a stunning looking game, the train level, the wartorn city, the ice caves, that gigantic ice temple with the huge cogs and statues puzzle, the monastery, all amazing looking levels. hell that village in Tibet is a graphics demo all on its own, pet the cows, get an achievement :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

They definitely upped their game for U2, improved graphics, more varied settings, better platforming sections.

But having said all that I enjoyed U1 just a bit more, maybe it was the fact that it was a bit simpler without being simplistic or the note perfect matinée action movie story line but I played through U1 twice and U2 only once.

I'm interested to see what they do with U3, It'll be a certain purchase for me but I think they have such a refined and near perfect game already its hard to see what they might do that could be seen to be a genuine game changer rather than just adding to previous games. Of course if it is just more of the same with new environments and story I'll be perfectly happy.

Advertisement