Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: International Experience Class (IEC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Galwaaygirl

Anyone else been waiting as long as 15 weeks since their letter of approval?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Puyol04

Hey Guys,

I have just got my provisional acceptance e-mail. I now have to upload my prrof of payment. I have paid the money and have an online receipt of my payment which i have converted into a PDF file. When I click on the link they sent me it brings me to the proof of payment section but anytime i try to submit my saved copy of the PDF file it just keeps removing it from the screen. It seems to match all the guidelines, starting to panic a bit with what to do next.

Anyone ever have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Hi everyone and thanks for all the info!

My boyf and I applied in January as common law partners. Both applications were received and we got the email about confirmation of proof of funds by mid February
    Eventually, we both got first evaluation emails, his about 2 weeks after mine (and one day after he emailed them about it, although I'm not saying this is a good idea!)
    I have done a medical and today I got my LOI (yay!):D
    The problem is my boyfriend has heard nothing since February. I feel really bad for him now becasue he wants to go yesterday and I can't leave just yet!
    Anyway, could people let me know what stage they are at now?
    Thanks a million, any new info would be great:)

Hi galwaygirl.. i have done a medical and this is my 14 week this week i think lost count.. after a while.. so long wait. :/ . congrats you got your yeah!! did you get yours on the 12th week??

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    Hi galwaygirl.. i have done a medical and this is my 14 week this week i think lost count.. after a while.. so long wait. :/ . congrats you got your yeah!! did you get yours on the 12th week??

Hey GGirl,

Thanks! I got my LOI after around 11/12 weeks. They estimate the medical adds an extra 2 weeks but it was nearly 4 for me anyway

Don't worry too much, my boyfriend applied the same time as me, didn't have to doa a medical and is still waiting! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Hey GGirl,

Thanks! I got my LOI after around 11/12 weeks. They estimate the medical adds an extra 2 weeks but it was nearly 4 for me anyway

Don't worry too much, my boyfriend applied the same time as me, didn't have to doa a medical and is still waiting! :(

oh really yeah... thats strange you know, past while i have noticed people getting them late.. hmm.. yeah another while for me yet id say.. thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CliodhnaB

Lenmeister wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. As Mrs Doyle said, it can cause problems, it does say that you can't write N/A in certain places, though it doesn't specifically say what to write in this case. I'd like to hear from people who have been successful and know what they did or didn't put down. Unless you've gotten accepted Tenchi, I'd be afraid to put N/A down.

I was confused wit this. It lets u validate the form leaving the intended work blank so i left it as it is. Only sent my forms off yesterday! My friend who is already in canada on this programme was certain he left those questions blank! i doubt its going to make much of a difference! also the first question under intended work is your programme.. you click the iec and i think that will sort it out!

Fingers crossed there are no hiccups! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dadasurp

When filling "Details of Intended Work in Canada" on the IMM1295 form what dates should I put down for duration of expected employment? I am currently applying for the 2nd year while working in Canada. Greatly appreciate help, last thing I need to fill out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jckelly

Hi all is anyone waiting over the 12 weeks now, myself, my partner have applied and we are waiting over that time now, starting to get worried as our flights are booked for June. we did apply with USIT and have our child coming too, unable to contact the embassy at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

CliodhnaB wrote: »
    I was confused wit this. It lets u validate the form leaving the intended work blank so i left it as it is. Only sent my forms off yesterday! My friend who is already in canada on this programme was certain he left those questions blank! i doubt its going to make much of a difference! also the first question under intended work is your programme.. you click the iec and i think that will sort it out!

Fingers crossed there are no hiccups! :)
    Hah sweet! That's exactly what I needed to hear. All that's left to do now is make sure everything is in order and send it off! Cheers!

jckelly wrote: »
    Hi all is anyone waiting over the 12 weeks now, myself, my partner have applied and we are waiting over that time now, starting to get worried as our flights are booked for June. we did apply with USIT and have our child coming too, unable to contact the embassy at all

If you applied through USIT then you should be able to log into their website with a username and pw and check how far along the application is. If you never got an email with those details then you should get onto USIT now and ask them what the story is. That's if you went through the under 35s programme. That's the way it worked for me, I don't see how it would be any different for you. Unless you done some other programme then that's the only information I can give you on it. Otherwise ring up or go into USIT and ask them directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

Hi Jackie Lenmeister said if you applied through usit it will give you an update on your application and what stage its at.

I applied directly to the Embassy, I was given a 10 week processing time but it was turned around in 4 Weeks!! I couldnt believe it...

Sent to Paris from Toronto: Tue 3rd May
    Received in Paris: 5th May
    Sent to London: 10th May
    Received my LOI: 25th May

Really hope everyone that is waiting, gets it soon, x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jckelly

If you applied through USIT then you should be able to log into their website with a username and pw and check how far along the application is. If you never got an email with those details then you should get onto USIT now and ask them what the story is. That's if you went through the under 35s programme. That's the way it worked for me, I don't see how it would be any different for you. Unless you done some other programme then that's the only information I can give you on it. Otherwise ring up or go into USIT and ask them directly.

Hey Lenmeister
    I have been onto USIT on numerous occassions they are no help whatsoever actually quite rude and never mentioned about being able to check how far along your application is, we went under the 35s programme too. When did you apply for yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 corkbai

Hi im flying to the US on a one way flight and driving into Canada on the IEC working visa, does anyone know if this will be acceptable by US immigration? i have the letter of introduction email but im thinking i will def get hassle off immigration, anyone do somethg similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 H Rambles

I wouldn't be so sure about that. As Mrs Doyle said, it can cause problems, it does say that you can't write N/A in certain places, though it doesn't specifically say what to write in this case. I'd like to hear from people who have been successful and know what they did or didn't put down. Unless you've gotten accepted Tenchi, I'd be afraid to put N/A down.

Me and my mate put N/A in absolutely every box that was not applicable to us. Got our LOI a few months ago.

Whats the story with insurance for heading over, whats everyone doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 arock1982

I am waiting 15 weeks for my visa, i got a missed call from the high commisson in london over a week ago, I called them back only for them to say they cannot do anything about it as they are only a switchboard and someone will call or email me back. I have still heard nothing. wonder if anyone has had the same problem?

jckelly wrote: »
    Hey Lenmeister
    I have been onto USIT on numerous occassions they are no help whatsoever actually quite rude and never mentioned about being able to check how far along your application is, we went under the 35s programme too. When did you apply for yours?

Sorry for the late reply, been rather busy. I went to Canada October 2009. I applied very early around January. This is the response I got so yours should have been similar:

Dear xxx,

Thank you for applying for the Under 35/Non-Student Work Canada Programme 2009 with USIT!

We have received and checked your registration and are pleased to advise that we have reserved your place on the 2009 Work in Canada Programme! Please note that the registration fee is non-refundable unless your full application is rejected by the Canadian High Commission.

You will now need to follow the next step so that we can move forward with the application process and send your documents to the Canadian High Commission in London for approval.

Please go to http://canada.usit.ie/U35Tracking/CanadaU35/Index.aspx in order to download your application form. Please pay careful attention to the text below the ‘Download Application Form’ link as it contains very important information regarding the filing of your application.

You will need your login details in order to access the ‘Tracking Screen’. Your login details are your email address and your booking reference xxx, which doubles as your password for the tracking screen. Make sure to remember this reference for all of your dealings with USIT. Please note you have 60 calendar days from the date of registering from the programme to send your completed documents to us – failure to do so could lead to the loss of your place on the programme.

Please note that the tracking screen not only has links for downloading your application form, but also allows you to track the status of your application as well as links to other invaluable programme details.

If you have any questions not detailed on our website or tracking pages, please email us at Canada@usit.ie and we will respond to you within 2 to 3 business days.

Best wishes
    Work Canada Team
    Canada@usit.ie

That's what I got, you should have gotten something similar. That was when I applied back in January 2009. You should be able to log in with those details they emailed you and keep checking the status of your application. There's 5 or 6 phases and there will be a tick beside which ones are complete. I received my invoice for my booking(reg fee, flights, insurance - blue insurance, etc) in July 2009. I paid it fast to avoid problems. I asked for my flights to be October 2009. That was that.

H Rambles wrote: »
    Me and my mate put N/A in absolutely every box that was not applicable to us. Got our LOI a few months ago.

Whats the story with insurance for heading over, whats everyone doing?
    Not sure boss. I seen someone said they got a years insurance including winter sports for €120 or something, that seems really cheap. Really need a list of the best insurance companies to ring round.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

There's a thread in here somewhere with a list of companies. Im just trying to find it now. i want to book my travel insurance today, if i find it ill let you know

Axa actually does yearly coverage for around 60 bananas - worldwide. At least that's what it says on their website, you can check it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

found a policy for €115 per year its the cheapest i have found dunno if its any good http://www.getcover.ie/ is where i got it from im going myself when my LOI gets sent thats if i hope it does im just sitting waiting on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Flushman dan

Hi all
    My friend recieved his work permit today but he also was sent someone else's (Conal Lynch) if anyone could help get in touch with him to sort this out it would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Hi All,

I've been following this thread avidly as my bf and I hope to go to Canada next year under the IEC process. It's looking like the closer to Jan you apply the longer wait times are as naturally there'll be a higher volume of applicants in the initial phase of applying.

My query is however, I clicked to download the application form, purely to have a look at it and maybe start gathering information now, so that when we do apply in Jan/Feb we'll be well prepared - only they look for your email address, so I'm worried if I click on this and submit my details(just my email address to get the form sent), and the fact that the programme is still open for 2011, will that ruin my chances to apply in 2012? ie will that be seen as an application?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've been following this thread avidly as my bf and I hope to go to Canada next year under the IEC process. It's looking like the closer to Jan you apply the longer wait times are as naturally there'll be a higher volume of applicants in the initial phase of applying.

My query is however, I clicked to download the application form, purely to have a look at it and maybe start gathering information now, so that when we do apply in Jan/Feb we'll be well prepared - only they look for your email address, so I'm worried if I click on this and submit my details(just my email address to get the form sent), and the fact that the programme is still open for 2011, will that ruin my chances to apply in 2012? ie will that be seen as an application?

as far as I know you are entitled to two seperate 1-year Visas.

These are only counted once a Letter of Introduction has been issued, so simple downloading an application form would not count against you.

Similarly if you apply and dont get accepted this will not count either.

should be in the terms and conditions somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

if you apply now and get accepted you have up untill 1 year to activate your visa, so say you get accepted on 09/07/2011 you have untill 08/07/2012 to enter canada. so if you intend on going around that date i would apply now, if you dont get accepted try again when 2012 opens

Hi all,
    Just wanted to let you know that after a very long wait (we applied when the IEC opened in January), my b/f got his visa today

They had sent a query to the incorrect email address at the end of April. It was obviously human error as only one letter was wrong.

Kind of ironic really that all this time we have been waiting to hear from them , they have waiting for a reply from us!

Anyway, for anyone who is still waiting, don't sent too many emails but the odd one may be a good idea. It was when we sent a final last ditch effort email last week that someone in London finally looked up our file and realised the error

Best of luck to all:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aro202

Hey Arock. I've been waiting 15 weeks too - seems that mine was delayed in Paris where the embassy managed to lose my processing fee so it got stuck there for about 6 weeks. I had to send them the same proofs of payment again so I think they may have lost the PDF file I uploaded. It's now been in London for 9 weeks and I've contacted the the embassy there a couple of times to ask what's happening to it but the responses are usually pretty meaningless - along the lines of "It arrived here a while ago. We are looking at it." Massively unimpressed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Anyone book there flight with usit?
    Put down a deposit a few months ago and now they want me to pay the rests of the flights by next week, will they give me longer to pay cause i still have not got my letter of introduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gavinwavin

Hey, I'm just looking into getting insurance now

I've already booked my flight and have my visa, do USIT do insurance on its own? Anyone any idea how much it is?

Or are there any alternatives that offer the same cover? I'm thinking about working at one of the ski resorts so need something that covers that as well

USIT do the whole package with insurance included no? That's the way they done it with me a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 coolikerane

hey do you have to do a medical for the IEC if ur from ireland

Advertisement