Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: International Experience Class (IEC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 langleybc

H Ranbles congratulations, best of luck to you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

Hey quick question I got my receipt of Acknowledgement of Receipt on April 19th From paris but haven't heard anything since then i.e to pay the fee before going to london is this timescale normal ?

the timescale for everyone is different for whatever reason im not so sure, i had mine recieved and sent to london within 5 days including the weekend and havent heard anything back since april 10th, but as they say no news is good news so fingers crossed there not sayin no...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 H Rambles

langleybc wrote: »
    H Ranbles congratulations, best of luck to you all!

Thanks so much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 moncy25

Hey just wondering if anyone who may be on there 2nd Year Visa in Toronto...or anyone in general who knows Toronto,could help with areas possibly to move to, like anywhere in the world i'm sure there are the stay away from areas and nice areas if anyone could help thanks a millionbiggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Not sure if this has been touched on but what's the story with form IMM1295 where it asks about your work. It says to attach original offer of employment, then goes on to ask about your employment details and a description of the work etc. Are you supposed to have employment sorted before you go over? If not, I'm presuming these spaces should just be left blank?

• Advertisement

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been touched on but what's the story with form IMM1295 where it asks about your work. It says to attach original offer of employment, then goes on to ask about your employment details and a description of the work etc. Are you supposed to have employment sorted before you go over? If not, I'm presuming these spaces should just be left blank?

No you dont need a job sorted before you go there leave em blank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Beethoven365

I highly recommend printing off the instructions for filling these forms in.

Having had two aplications rejected at the initial stage I can vouch for how frustrating it is.

IIRC you should type Not Applicable in these areas but the instructions will confirm

Having had two aplications rejected at the initial stage I can vouch for how frustrating it is.

IIRC you should type Not Applicable in these areas but the instructions will confirm

Can I ask why you were refused??
    Have you had any success with your 3rd application? Im waiting on word back on my first app and fear if its not right il not get the chance to send another 1.

Can I ask why you were refused??
    Have you had any success with your 3rd application? Im waiting on word back on my first app and fear if its not right il not get the chance to send another 1.

Yeah no problem. The first application was my own fault in fairness, I'm applying from the UK and mistakenly thought that they required proof of funds to the value of £1,900 rather than £1,950 and sent them a bank statement that showed only £1,905 in my account. They rejected my application for the sake of £45

The second application was refused again for the proof of funds form. THis time I had enough money in there, it was stamped by the bank etc but did not show my full name on the statement.

Thankfully my third application has been conditionally accepted and I have paid the program fee and uploaded proof this week.

My only advice is to make sure you print and read carefully all of their guidance notes and ensure your application matches exactly. :)

Yeah no problem. The first application was my own fault in fairness, I'm applying from the UK and mistakenly thought that they required proof of funds to the value of £1,900 rather than £1,950 and sent them a bank statement that showed only £1,905 in my account. They rejected my application for the sake of £45

The second application was refused again for the proof of funds form. THis time I had enough money in there, it was stamped by the bank etc but did not show my full name on the statement.

Thankfully my third application has been conditionally accepted and I have paid the program fee and uploaded proof this week.

My only advice is to make sure you print and read carefully all of their guidance notes and ensure your application matches exactly. :)

Rejected for £45! surley they didnt think without that extra 45 quid you'd starve over there lol
    I suppose rules is rules in there eyes though. My app got sent to london on the 18th of april and havent heard anything from them so im hoping if it was gettin rejected i'd of heard by now, but ya never no so im just hoping and praying it all goes well.
    Here's hoping yours goes well this time round...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

when you say full name on statement do you mean the exact name on your passport? like most people would have their middle name on the passport but not with anywhere else... so if the bank statement doesn't have the exact name as is on passport is that where you get caught out?

& 45 quid! jesus... how pedantic!

when you say full name on statement do you mean the exact name on your passport? like most people would have their middle name on the passport but not with anywhere else... so if the bank statement doesn't have the exact name as is on passport is that where you get caught out?

& 45 quid! jesus... how pedantic!

I only had initials and surname on the statement the first time, I sent it again with full first and surname and it was fine.

At the end of the day I guess it depends on who is reviewing your application at the embassy

Rejected for £45! surley they didnt think without that extra 45 quid you'd starve over there lol
    I suppose rules is rules in there eyes though. My app got sent to london on the 18th of april and havent heard anything from them so im hoping if it was gettin rejected i'd of heard by now, but ya never no so im just hoping and praying it all goes well.
    Here's hoping yours goes well this time round...

Cheers mate, I'm sure yours will be fine now, I don't think there are too many getting rejected at London stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭miser44

Need help on this, dont want to mess it up
    On the IMM1295E form in the contact information section part 1.
    It states that you need to enter either a P.O box number or a street number and i dont have either.
    I live in Co. Donegal and dont know where to write Co. Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Galwaaygirl

Hi everyone and thanks for all the info!

My boyf and I applied in January as common law partners. Both applications were received and we got the email about confirmation of proof of funds by mid February
    Eventually, we both got first evaluation emails, his about 2 weeks after mine (and one day after he emailed them about it, although I'm not saying this is a good idea!)
    I have done a medical and today I got my LOI (yay!):D
    The problem is my boyfriend has heard nothing since February. I feel really bad for him now becasue he wants to go yesterday and I can't leave just yet!
    Anyway, could people let me know what stage they are at now?
    Thanks a million, any new info would be great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jamesjoyce

I'm interested in applying for an IEC for this year( a bit late but I probably will give it a go ) interested in going to Toronto. I have a bit of money saved so just want to settle in and live there for a while sample the Canadian life tho I still have to stick to a budget. What's the first port if call when people get there? Do they stay in hostels for a while and try source an apartment? How hard is it to integrate in to canaidian circles or do irish try and seek out other Irish people abroad? I know questions a bit early considering in have to go thru the application process. Thought I'd ask. Any advice appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Schmilsson

Can anyone who has had their IEC application approved and received their LOI tell me which box to tick - visitor - or - worker - on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada form; Family Information (IMM 5645). This is the last thing I have to do and I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

I've read the instructions for this part but it does not specifically say about what to say if you don't have work or do have work. More or less just answer the question.
    No you dont need a job sorted before you go there leave em blank.

I might have to go with that, the instructions aren't specific about this 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭monkeerina

My application was received in Paris on 7th April, and received my LOI today, so quick! I was on USIT's allocation, doubt that had an effect but maybe it did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kellisavill

having some majjorrrr issues with my IEC visa form; DESPERATE for advice...

I'm filling out my final visa forms to send off- and getting a bit worried about the timing of them. Sadly, the application process changed this week and the new forms are a lot more complex than the ones i had waiting to go (The police certificate took a lot long than expected). There is a section on the Work Permit form which asks the "details of intended work in Canada". As part of the IEC, the guide has said that when answering certain questions in this section to put "Not Applicable". I have done this for the questions that it directed me to, but under the section entitled "location of intended employment", it doesn't direct me to state "not applicable". I haven't had a response to the emails sent to the Embassy and I have tried calling but they direct me to email.
    I was just wondering what your thoughts were on this. I don't want to state "not applicable" and that be wrong. Should I put the address of the people i'm living with for the year down? I haven't declared that i have a job waiting for me in Vancouver but i'm unsure if they want to know that I have a place to stay in Canada, or whether they want a secured job.
    I've asked my mum, and house mates and everyone seems pretty clueless about it. The programme doesn't specify that I need a job before leaving, quite the opposite in fact. But the form is a general Work Permit form that i have to now fill out. I have declared on this section that I am part of the IEC, but yeah. I'm basically just trying to get the application sent off asap and don't want to get this wrong, because i'd have to start at the beginning again.

Does anyone have any advice for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭miser44

I'm filling out my final visa forms to send off- and getting a bit worried about the timing of them. Sadly, the application process changed this week and the new forms are a lot more complex than the ones i had waiting to go (The police certificate took a lot long than expected). There is a section on the Work Permit form which asks the "details of intended work in Canada". As part of the IEC, the guide has said that when answering certain questions in this section to put "Not Applicable". I have done this for the questions that it directed me to, but under the section entitled "location of intended employment", it doesn't direct me to state "not applicable". I haven't had a response to the emails sent to the Embassy and I have tried calling but they direct me to email.
    I was just wondering what your thoughts were on this. I don't want to state "not applicable" and that be wrong. Should I put the address of the people i'm living with for the year down? I haven't declared that i have a job waiting for me in Vancouver but i'm unsure if they want to know that I have a place to stay in Canada, or whether they want a secured job.
    I've asked my mum, and house mates and everyone seems pretty clueless about it. The programme doesn't specify that I need a job before leaving, quite the opposite in fact. But the form is a general Work Permit form that i have to now fill out. I have declared on this section that I am part of the IEC, but yeah. I'm basically just trying to get the application sent off asap and don't want to get this wrong, because i'd have to start at the beginning again.

Me and my friends had the same problem and decided to leave it blank has it says on the forms to answer questions 1 and 4 only if doing IEC.And we thought if you write N/A you are answearing the questions. Havn't sent ours yet so not 100%.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Ok just trying to help someone they sent of there original application and received a reply with a link to download several documents.

It appears that the link she was given for the main application form seems to be broken can anyone suggest anything im doing wrong?

That's what I was asking the lads here about, it doesn't say what you should put down so I'm leaving them blank also, hopefully get the application off 1st thing monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

That's what I was asking the lads here about, it doesn't say what you should put down so I'm leaving them blank also, hopefully get the application off 1st thing monday morning.

Never leave anything blank. If a section is not applicable, write N/a.

Also don't forget that English is your first language. Feel free to write something like "I have not decided on a particular employer but I expect to work in Ontario". Personally, I'd write N/a but the person reading your application is not a computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

miser44 wrote: »
    Me and my friends had the same problem and decided to leave it blank has it says on the forms to answer questions 1 and 4 only if doing IEC.And we thought if you write N/A you are answearing the questions. Havn't sent ours yet so not 100%.
    Hope this helps

They do say to just answer questions 1 and 4 and because the form is computer generated it can cause problems if you try to type in N/A which is what we found. If you were worried about it you could write N/A in by hand after you have printed off the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

tipp1986 wrote: »
    Ok just trying to help someone they sent of there original application and received a reply with a link to download several documents.

It appears that the link she was given for the main application form seems to be broken can anyone suggest anything im doing wrong?

Sorry to be so blunt about this but you're not explaining yourself very well. If they had sent off their original application to Paris i.e. their completed documents then the only e-mail that they would receive would either be rejection or notification to pay their money.

If they just registered their e-mail to download the application kit (see the bottom of the page) and the link within was broken then they can register again as it doesn't cause any problems to do this.

Might be a good idea for them to read the frequently asked questions and familiarise themselves with the procedure.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlehannah96

I am going to Vancouver next week for 3 months. I am changing flights in Heathrow and Toronto Pearson Airports. I have a return flight booked for August, I also have proof of insurance, Letter of Introduction etc. Unfortunately I don't have a bank.statement as proof of funds because it will take a min. 5 working days for a long form bank statement to be posted to my house. I do have a statement that they printed in the branch signed and stamped by the bank manager. Will this suffice as proof of funds?? I am so worried they wont acceot this!

Also, will I gave to get my visa at Toronto airport or at my final destination, Vancouver??

Thanks in advance for any advice and help!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

On the initial IEC application form where they ask your destination, can this be changed and if not , does this limit you to living and working in that part of canada that you choose?

poteen wrote: »
    On the initial IEC application form where they ask your destination, can this be changed and if not , does this limit you to living and working in that part of canada that you choose?

No its an open work permit, you can live,travel and work anywhere in any job.

• Advertisement

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    Never leave anything blank. If a section is not applicable, write N/a.

Also don't forget that English is your first language. Feel free to write something like "I have not decided on a particular employer but I expect to work in Ontario". Personally, I'd write N/a but the person reading your application is not a computer.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. As Mrs Doyle said, it can cause problems, it does say that you can't write N/A in certain places, though it doesn't specifically say what to write in this case. I'd like to hear from people who have been successful and know what they did or didn't put down. Unless you've gotten accepted Tenchi, I'd be afraid to put N/A down.

Advertisement