Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV's working with Saorview - The List

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

laisvis wrote: »
    Ive tried it but it dosent find any "digital channels", maybe it dosent have mpeg4. I think it works for freeview tho

You did plug an aerial in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

championc wrote: »
    Pity you didn't get a G20 B. This would have worked with both Saorview - DVB-T and DVB-T2

Just noticed last night that the default audio stream on my G20B when viewing RTE2 is "narr", necessitating a change each time I want to view/listen to the channel. Are you getting the same.

Three Rock, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭championc

Hi MM

I don't believe so but there again, I don't recall flicking on to RTE2 last night. I settled for a freebie at the Aviva instead. I'm also Three Rock so we've identical setups it seems.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

My brother has a sony lcd, it has sound but no picture, will he have to buy the box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    My brother has a sony lcd, it has sound but no picture, will he have to buy the box?

sounds like a mpeg2 uk tv, so yes need a box. Is it an old tv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

4 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭xlogo

Hi,

I have a Sony 32W4000 and have gone through the digital tuning option but I'm not seeing anything other than station names.

Have I done something wrong ?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kelsca

xlogo wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a Sony 32W4000 and have gone through the digital tuning option but I'm not seeing anything other than station names.

Have I done something wrong ?

:confused:

do you have a good reception on analogue for TV3 and TG4?
    what transmitter do you receive your signal from?

kelsca wrote: »
    do you have a good reception on analogue for TV3 and TG4?
    what transmitter do you receive your signal from?

Hi & thanks,

Yes I have good reception on analogue, not sure what transmitter I receive from , I live in the Lucan area of Dublin.

Just noticed last night that the default audio stream on my G20B when viewing RTE2 is "narr", necessitating a change each time I want to view/listen to the channel. Are you getting the same.

Three Rock, btw.

Just checked my G20B - RTE2 and all's OK. The audio automatically goes to Eng. RTE1 also has the default as Eng.

C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kelsca

Hi & thanks,

Yes I have good reception on analogue, not sure what transmitter I receive from , I live in the Lucan area of Dublin.

I have a 32W4000 and am receiving digital perfectly from Maghera.Ch 48.
    Try a full set up,not just digital.Set the country to UK and allow it to scan.You will not get RTE1 or RTE2 on analog but you should get TV3 & TG4
    if it finds the digital channels they will be in the 800s...
    Once the channels are found,you can go back into set up and change the country to Ireland,however do not scan again,instead press Return till you get back to regular viewing screen
    Press the options button on the remote and select bottom option "system information..press return till you get to digital tuning,then retype in the channel number which is displayed.after scan all irish channels should be in 100s
    Let us know how you get on

Try a full set up,not just digital.Set the country to UK and allow it to scan.You will not get RTE1 or RTE2 on analog but you should get TV3 & TG4
    Once the channels are found,you can go back into set up and change the country to Ireland,however do not scan again,instead press Return till you get back to regular viewing screen
    Press the options button on the remote and select bottom option "system information..press return till you get to digital tuning,then retype in the channel number which is displayed.after scan all irish channels should be in 100s

Cheers mate will try this (as soon I can get near the TV :rolleyes:) and will report back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭gwenuska

What about a Sony Bravia 1080 HD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

gwenuska wrote: »
    What about a Sony Bravia 1080 HD?

Exact model number needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭gwenuska

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    Exact model number needed.

The exact model no. is KDL 40V3000 - thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

It's a Freeview TV Mpeg2 only so will not work with Saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I have a Lg DRT389H dvd recorder. It's compatible with uk freeview. Can it work for saorview?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SmartMonkey

Hi,
    I have a Samsung LE32A559P4F. Not on list and was
    bought it from UK so I'm not too confident if it is compatible.
    Anyone know if it should work?

Did a little more research and it's MPEG2 so not compatible

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tu2j2

Just after checking now on my parents telly if this works and I'm pretty shocked that it does.

Its a Samsung LE32B550A53, can't remember when they bought it but it was a good while ago which is why I'm surprised it works. Teletext doesn't work though is the only thing but otherwise it seems alright.

One question though, I've 8 TV stations coming up here RTE 1, RTE 2, TV3, TG4, RTE News, 3e, RTE jr and RTE 1 +1 which is grand. I'm just wondering is the digital rte2 I'm getting the HD one (I know most stuff probably won't be HD on it) or should I have another separate RTE 2 HD channel if you know what I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

tu2j2 wrote: »
    Its a Samsung LE32B550A53, can't remember when they bought it but it was a good while ago which is why I'm surprised it works. Teletext doesn't work though is the only thing but otherwise it seems alright.

Have you tried the text on all channels? My brothers Samsung (different model) displays digital text on some channels and analogue text on others.

Do you get any text on RTÉ 2, RTÉ News Now, RTÉjr?
    tu2j2 wrote: »
    One question though, I've 8 TV stations coming up here RTE 1, RTE 2, TV3, TG4, RTE News, 3e, RTE jr and RTE 1 +1 which is grand. I'm just wondering is the digital rte2 I'm getting the HD one (I know most stuff probably won't be HD on it) or should I have another separate RTE 2 HD channel if you know what I mean.

There's only one RTÉ 2. It transmit in 1080i HD format at all times, the others are 576i. All the material broadcast up to now is upscaled SD, this weekend we'll have the Magners League (Sat) and the Cork and Tipperary Hurling (Sun) in true HD, maybe the Champions League Final (Sat) too and by Sept, RTÉ say 40% of programming will be native HD.

Tried this, I get 24 Digital stations when I tune(can't see any of them) and 3 analog stations :(

Should I have all the options set to Auto when tuning or what should they be ?

Thanks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have a Sony Bravia KDL37-W5500 and Saorview working fine on mine except for one small thing, when the Guide shows you the time, thats correct but the display below that shows next programme seems to be an hour behind, so it could be 19:40 and the next programme starts at 20:00 but the display will show it starting at 19:00.

Tried this, I get 24 Digital stations when I tune(can't see any of them) and 3 analog stations :(

Should I have all the options set to Auto when tuning or what should they be ?

Thanks !!

This might be a silly question but is the TV connected to a TV aerial or is it a cable TV connection?

What 3 analogue channels do you receive? What digital channels are you getting?

When auto tuning your Sony do you select "antenna" or "cable"?

The Cush wrote: »
    This might be a silly question but is the TV connected to a TV aerial or is it a cable TV connection?

What 3 analogue channels do you receive? What digital channels are you getting?

When auto tuning your Sony do you select "antenna" or "cable"?

It's not a silly questions because to be honest I haven't a clue what I'm doing :rolleyes:

The 3 analogue station I got were e4, discovery and tv3 (not sure on the last one) , I got a list of digital stations but couldn't see them but also got a TV guide.

What set-up/connections should I have ?

Thanks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Anyone had any luck with an LG FLATRON M228WD?

Just noticed yesterday that there's some co-axial running down the side of the house (rental) so suspecting we have an attic aerial that might be usable to get Saorview.

It's not a silly questions because to be honest I haven't a clue what I'm doing :rolleyes:

The 3 analogue station I got were e4, discovery and tv3 (not sure on the last one) , I got a list of digital stations but couldn't see them but also got a TV guide.

What set-up/connections should I have ?

Thanks !!

That's analogue UPC cable.

You require a TV aerial for the Saorview channels, outdoor or attic for the 3 Rock transmitter SE of you .

You could try a cheap set top aerial just for fun and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 higgs03

I have a Samsung LE40A656A1F, Does anyone know if this is compatible with saorview? It's not the list!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Is there a list anywhere of televisions capable of receiving the channels that haven't been certified e.g. due to problems with the EPG or Text?

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote: »
    Is there a list anywhere of televisions capable of receiving the channels that haven't been certified e.g. due to problems with the EPG or Text?

Eh ? See the title - go to Post #1

Advertisement