Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think I read somewhere that once the you've finished the main story you can still carry on playing solving random crimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think I read somewhere that once the you've finished the main story you can still carry on playing solving random crimes?
    I think I read that too, but I've no idea where or even if it was from a legit source.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well the trophy for responding to crime calls sounds like you will be able to branch out from the main story. You can probably attempt these as well after the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I'd imagine it'll be like other Rockstar game though in that you'll do the side missions during the game and once you finish the story you'll be finished with the game. I've found that once you finish the story theres generally not much to bring you back to the game, namely speaking of GTA IV and Red Dead obviously

25-30 hours is a perfectly good length for a game like this, I spent over well over 100 hours on the likes of Fallout 3 & Oblivion but for a game like this 30 hours is sufficient considering its not really an rpg

Gameplay trailer 3. Have to admit I didn't see much gameplay, just cutscenes. Still looks amazing tho!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Harps wrote: »
    I'd imagine it'll be like other Rockstar game though in that you'll do the side missions during the game and once you finish the story you'll be finished with the game. I've found that once you finish the story theres generally not much to bring you back to the game, namely speaking of GTA IV and Red Dead obviously

25-30 hours is a perfectly good length for a game like this, I spent over well over 100 hours on the likes of Fallout 3 & Oblivion but for a game like this 30 hours is sufficient considering its not really an rpg

I know what your saying but I can definitely remember reading somewhere about the still being able to solve crimes long after you've done the side missions/main story etc

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Gameplay trailer 3. Have to admit I didn't see much gameplay, just cutscenes. Still looks amazing tho!

Looks awesome

Anyone preorder it?

Il def be pre ordering it but waiting to see what shops give the best DLC offer. Anyone know definite DLC for shops yet? I know US and UK have definite shops, I'll ring around a few places when it gets close to release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭turnfan

Gamestop are the only ones in Ireland with DLC, as far as I can see.

http://www.gamestop.ie/core/common/Default.aspx?quickSearch=L.A.%20Noire

Brink is out the same day, can there only be one winner?

L.A Noire for me anyway,although I am tempted to get brink as well :-/

For 45 quid as well is very good, is that just gamestop online or in shops as well?

• Advertisement

Do gamestop deliver on release day via an post?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

For 45 quid as well is very good, is that just gamestop online or in shops as well?
    It's €49.99?

ShaneU wrote: »
    It's €49.99?

€44.97 according to this link, ps3 is the same

http://www.gamestop.ie/39591_Xbox_360_LA_Noire_Exclusive_Pre_Order_Bonus_.aspx

Although, I'm not sure how much delivery but must check with Gamestop in town if it will be that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Preordered this today, but finder out that brink comes out at same time.... My wallet will hate me...

Preordered this today, but finder out that brink comes out at same time.... My wallet will hate me...

Did you preorder online?

Did you preorder online?

Nope, in tue shop, why?

Nope, in tue shop, why?

oh just wondering because I am thinking of pre ordering online and was wondering if it would be delivered release day.

oh just wondering because I am thinking of pre ordering online and was wondering if it would be delivered release day.

I newer ever trust dependent companies for new releases... I better pay 5 quid extra, but atleast I know I can walk in to gamestop on releasedate and pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

I hope LA Noire becomes part of the ever-popular trade in 3 games and get a game for 3 euro deal @ gamestop.

I hope LA Noire becomes part of the ever-popular trade in 3 games and get a game for 3 euro deal @ gamestop.

I thought if you traded in 3 games, they'd give you the game for free! anyone got a list of the games you can trade in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I thought if you traded in 3 games, they'd give you the game for free! anyone got a list of the games you can trade in?
    http://www.gamestop.ie/locale/statics/TradeIn600Titles.pdf there ya go ;)

thanks man, some shiite games on that list would be handy to trade in for but then there are new enough games that youd be mad to trade in 3 of em AND pay money towards a new game. Anyway, i can't complain, getting this as an early birthday present!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

thanks man, some shiite games on that list would be handy to trade in for but then there are new enough games that youd be mad to trade in 3 of em AND pay money towards a new game. Anyway, i can't complain, getting this as an early birthday present!! :D
    should be a cracker im really looking forward to this now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

TV ad, 20th of may can't come quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Do gamestop deliver on release day via an post?

Yip. Any preorder I ever put in with them did.

I have just preordered LA Noire there now off them. 51.99 delivered.

F1ngers wrote: »
    TV ad, 20th of may can't come quick enough.

*Drools*
    CKWPORT wrote: »
    Yip. Any preorder I ever put in with them did.

I have just preordered LA Noire there now off them. 51.99 delivered.

Good to know,might preorder with them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

*Drools*

Good to know,might preorder with them so.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/l.a.-noire-pre-order-exclusive/10088211.html

Delivery is free as well.

rickyjb wrote: »

I've ordered from them before and there really slow delivering,good prices though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I've ordered from them before and there really slow delivering,good prices though.

It took them about 5-6 days to deliver a game to me before, I don't know what they're like for delivering things on launch day. 9 quid is 9 quid though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

rickyjb wrote: »
    It took them about 5-6 days to deliver a game to me before, I don't know what they're like for delivering things on launch day. 9 quid is 9 quid though.

Better added content (an extra case and soundtrack download) from gamestops pre-order, plus some people will want it delivered on release date, so the extra €9 is worth it.

Does anyone know if the soundtrack is available to instore pre-orders in gamestop?
    I pre-ordered it but don't recollect anything other than "A slip of the tongue".

Advertisement