Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stuckin

I've been saying for years that a police version of GTA would be epic, could this finally could be what I wtanted, bring it on is what I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

That trailer released a couple of days ago just makes the game look epic! I'm really looking forward to it now, hope i'm not disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

stuckin wrote: »
    I've been saying for years that a police version of GTA would be epic, could this finally could be what I wtanted, bring it on is what I say!

Indeed, the cop angle is strangely missing from modern games, except the likes of swat 4 or whatever.

Theres a void there for a brilliant modern cop/ FBI game that features inredibly tense , one shot kill, gun fights involving PISTOLS, where pulling the trigger is only an option when you've ran out of every other one. And unnecessary discharge of your weapon can get you in trouble or fired - game over.

Hopefully LA Noir will push more games to go this way if the whole detective gameplay element ends up working really well.

Would love a LA Noir/swat 4 mix.

Does anyone have any idea when they'll be releasing more gameplay videos/screenshots?

eugeneious wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea when they'll be releasing more gameplay videos/screenshots?

I'm not sure, but I know the release date is set for 20 May, so I'd imagine there will be a few more things released between now and then.

Couldn't agree with you more Sisko. The rules of engagement in SWAT 4 were really good, both "Unauthorised use of force" and "Unauthorised use of deadly force" making that distinction was a really good element of game place, yes force was authorised, but maybe not deadly force.

I hope the game has some replay value as well, I wouldn't mind being able to cruise the mean streets for a while without having to restart the whole game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pre-Order bonus info released. Gonna be ordering it through Gamestop, they seem to have the best pack!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

yeah. gamestop seems to have the best deal..

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

really looking forward to this, its by rockstar must be good. The faces do seem a bit werid though

Xenon560 wrote: »
    really looking forward to this, its by rockstar must be good. The faces do seem a bit werid though

By weird, I hope you mean AWESOME! Pity the bodies didn't have the same high detail but its a good start and a huge leap for facial animation in gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Just read that case file is a bonus if you preorder from Gamestop in America or Game in UK. So where do you have to prebook it in Ireland?? No way i'm giving Game any of my money so they can keep this dlc if its from them.

Good question, I'd generally wanna order my games online.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Looks Amazing! :D saw matt parker from heroes and a detective from the show Southland as well. can't wait for this!

This is the kind of clip that I want to see, how the interrogation system works. That looks like it could be good. Still waiting until I can play a demo or something but yeah, very very very impressed by what I'm seeing

If possible this video makes me want it even more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Looks Amazing! :D saw matt parker from heroes and a detective from the show Southland as well. can't wait for this!

Yup, I count at least 4 cast members from Mad Men in that trailer alone. Makes me wonder what the future of acting in games will be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Crazy how similar they look to the real actors, you can spot them straight away, the cop from Heroes is there too.

• Advertisement

ya lads, when you watch a game trailer and you start saying 'oh its the guy from such a show', its something special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jollygreengiant

the facial expression look pretty good! im impressed. it reminds me a bit like heavy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I was thinking the same about the graphics in Heavy Rain. I had yet to come across a game with that kind of detail in the face and the facial expressions but this looks like it's going to blow it out of the water.

Really can't wait now. Man there's a lot of great games out this year - going to be broke and have no social life!! :o

New artical on IGN. Sounds so class!

ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1155234p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Hey guys. Just leaving Boston from PAX East. It was an epic trip.
    I queued for two hours on Friday to see a gameplay demo of LA Noire.
    The investigation stuff is really cool. You arrive at a crime scene and can examine the body for clues.
    The person of interest interrogation system is very cleverly done too. You use collected evidence to ask them questions.
    You then observe their body language and listen to their answer and you can then accept, doubt or accuse them of lying.
    There's a load more but I'll update later when Ive had sleep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

KerranJast wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just leaving Boston from PAX East. It was an epic trip...

Look forward to it. :)

KerranJast wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just leaving Boston from PAX East. It was an epic trip.
    I queued for two hours on Friday to see a gameplay demo of LA Noire.
    The investigation stuff is really cool. You arrive at a crime scene and can examine the body for clues.
    The person of interest interrogation system is very cleverly done too. You use collected evidence to ask them questions.
    You then observe their body language and listen to their answer and you can then accept, doubt or accuse them of lying.

jammy man, can't wait to hear more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

During a closed-door PAX East demonstration for members of the press, Rockstar showed off the majority of one homicide case entitled, The Red Lipstick Murder. Along with playing through almost the entirety of one of the game’s 23 main “assigned cases”, a rep for Rockstar revealed that it will take roughly 25-30 hours to complete the main story. On top of the main story, there are “unassigned cases” that help build the backstory of secondary characters. These side stories will freeze the main story until they are completed. Additionally, the game will support DLC cases, some of which have already been announced as pre-order exclusives to retailers — all of which will eventually be made available to everyone via the PlayStation Store.

25-30 hours sounds like a good length compared to games like mafia 2 which are much too short for a SP only game.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭turnfan

Prebook in Ireland:

http://www.gamestop.ie/core/common/Default.aspx?quickSearch=LA%20Noire%20+%20Exclusive%20Pre-Order%20Bonus!

Slip of the Tongue Case, one of the guys in store said there was soundtrack DLC yet to be announced.

• Advertisement

iMuse wrote: »
    25-30 hours sounds like a good length compared to games like mafia 2 which are much too short for a SP only game.

I have to agree with you. 25 - 30 hours seems like a lot until you're playing it. I hope the have random crime generated that you can go after for the craic so I can have something to do after the main story is over

Advertisement