Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Nodferatu wrote: »
    i havent taken any notice of this game at all but i got the new trailer in an email today and it looks interesting, i dont know anything about the game tho, what is it? is it like some grand theft auto meets mafia/the godfather??

more meets LA confidential/Chinatown I'd say?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No interest in this game at all which is a good thing as i have a very long list to get through during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do you not own a PS3 or Xbox 360?
    Nope, and I'm happy to keep it that way. The only thing either console can offer me is Headaches or Exclusives.

If they stand up to Time, I'll find them all at the Flea market for cheap in 5-10 years. Pimped out a modest little SNES collection last year doing the same thing. Mario RPG is STILL $50. Ridiculous! But I still want it.....

When the PS2 drops to $20 for the console I'll be grabbing a few Konami titles and going nuts. Until then, I can certainly do without.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Overheal wrote: »
    Nope, and I'm happy to keep it that way. The only thing either console can offer me is Headaches or Exclusives.

If they stand up to Time, I'll find them all at the Flea market for cheap in 5-10 years. Pimped out a modest little SNES collection last year doing the same thing. Mario RPG is STILL $50. Ridiculous! But I still want it.....

When the PS2 drops to $20 for the console I'll be grabbing a few Konami titles and going nuts. Until then, I can certainly do without.

Ha that post instantly made me think of this lol :D

cutting_edge.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i didnt get that joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Nodferatu wrote: »
    i didnt get that joke

you gotta play Portal, its great

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

calex71 wrote: »
    Ha that post instantly made me think of this lol :D

cutting_edge.png
    Thats me. I played HL2 finally in late 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just took a look at some of the trailers for this, has me very interested I must say, bit of crime solving action sounds like a welcome change of pace to be honest, albeit just the Grand Theft Auto type story from the other side of the gun. Seems like another Red Dead Redemption type thing to me as in it will sneak under the radar of many all the way up to release and then be a smash.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Official site now up and running. I wonder how they will approach the detective part, kinda like the CSI games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Official site now up and running. I wonder how they will approach the detective part, kinda like the CSI games?

There are detectives in CSI? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Kiith wrote: »

No, just bad lab technicians.

Kiith wrote: »

I meant like the crime scenes and looking for clues if an interface comes up that you have to point and click or move the character around until an object is highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I meant like the crime scenes and looking for clues if an interface comes up that you have to point and click or move the character around until an object is highlighted.

From what i've been reading it's up to you to examine the crime scene with no direct pointing towards the clues. Your partner will hint, but it's up to you ultimately to figure out the scene, and guaranteed the Homicide scenes will be intensive and require a lot of looking around and noticing things.

I'm looking forward to this, and i think it will really show how hard it can be at times for law enforcement to do their job (albeit maybe not a realistic, cuz you probably won't have to do the paperwork and court appearances in this!).

If it's anything like RDD, as in perfectly executed for the game type/period, then it's a hit already!

Gameplay vid will be released tomorrow at 5pm by R* which will show gameplay of action, interrogation and the crime scene detective parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stuckin

Gameplay vid will be released tomorrow at 5pm by R* which will show gameplay of action, interrogation and the crime scene detective parts!

Good, I've been waiting for this kind of footage before getting fully excited by it. If they don't get it right, it could turn out to be more head wrecking than fun. I'm quietly confident that it will be good, but reserving judgement none the less

ya, this and Batman AC are my most anticipated games of the year so can't wait to see this gameplay vid! R* backing it should ensure high quality, just have to wait and see!

Gameplay vid now out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Gameplay vid now out

Can't view that at the moment (firewalled). Whats your first impressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

The vids not showing in previous posts for me.

The facial animation is stunning. Gameplay looks typical R* so i can see this selling big like Red dead redemption did last year. May aint too long to wait.

weird it wouldn't open, thanks for reposting! looks well class and sounds like they will be releasing more gameplay vids more regularly. Looks like it will play like Mafia instead of GTA4 (more linear to open world and side missions). Hopefully a demo will arise at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stuckin

Jesus that looks brilliant. I love the faces on the characters, really authentic.

I like the whole Lie Doubt Truth thing, but I still want to see how you actually collect clues and if they're mad obvious or nice and subtle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

As has been said since day 1 of the first trailer, the facial animations are amazing & if the detective system actually works, could be simply brilliant to play. However, it's just a shame those lovely high-res heads are sitting on low-res, low-poly shoulders. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I saw the new tron movie awhile back which has a large amount of screen time filled with a stiff CGI faced jeff bridges to make him look younger.

It generally looked pretty terrible.

However imagine they used this technology for the facial animations. I imagine it would have looked stunning.

Its pretty impressive when a games facial animations are better then anything Hollywood can currently do. When hollywood catches on to this I imagine we'll see a lot more actors playing their younger selves with CGI faces instead of just hiring similar looking , younger actors, in the future.

Truly this game is much more then just the next big step in video games. Its impact will be much wider then that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Omg that is awesome,the faces look so real.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I've been waiting for this for the last two years since it was first announced and they seem to have spent their time incredibly well...

It looks absolutely superb

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You know I'd complain about Rockstar just slightly altering the GTA style and putting it in a different location (schools, Old West, 30s Hollywood) if those locations weren't such frickin' amazing settings for games.

But this does look to break the formula a bit. I'd imagine the open world will still be key, but if the 'police' system works out as well as it has the potential to, we almost certainly have a winner on our hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

1 Word....... STUNNING!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

You know I'd complain about Rockstar just slightly altering the GTA style and putting it in a different location (schools, Old West, 30s Hollywood) if those locations weren't such frickin' amazing settings for games.

Remember though this isnt exactly a rockstar game, they're the publishers.

Team Bondi are the lads that are making this.

CVG have a trailer dissection and 94 screenshots from the trailer, well worth the look.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/288275/la-noire-gameplay-trailer-dissected/

• Advertisement

I hate the following missions in game, usually very annoying and slow but this looks class with hiding behind newspapers (classic noire)! R2 to run is a bit strange but glad to see on foot chase scenes are in. I was looking forward to them in True Crime Hong Kong but looks like Noire will have to do. Can't wait to play this and my gf is getting it for me as early bday present. sorted!

Advertisement