Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I actually havnt pre ordered a gmae in so long, but this is getting a pre order from me.

Whats the sorta price tallies going around through various stores?

I hate buying **** from Gaemstop but it is just down the road, along with Xtravision, so probably lump my deposit in one of those two.

Genuinelly looking forward to this it looks pretty good and some previews I've been reading and watching seems to be indicating this is going to be a big enough deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

TheDoc wrote: »
    I actually havnt pre ordered a gmae in so long, but this is getting a pre order from me.

Whats the sorta price tallies going around through various stores?

I hate buying **** from Gaemstop but it is just down the road, along with Xtravision, so probably lump my deposit in one of those two.

Genuinelly looking forward to this it looks pretty good and some previews I've been reading and watching seems to be indicating this is going to be a big enough deal.

Gamestop seem to have better added content compared to the rest, that's why I pre-ordered from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

HMV will most likely be the cheapest place to pick this up. Have never pre-ordered a game before but this is really tempting me. Roll on May 20th!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

F1ngers wrote: »
    Gamestop seem to have better added content compared to the rest, that's why I pre-ordered from them.

Checked price online, €45. Thats pretty cheap for a new release, will throw down a deposit tomorrow in Swords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭Elessar

It looks like another amazing game from Rockstar...can't wait.

However I can't help notice the graphics look a little too soft to me. Compared to say, Mafia 2 or even what crysis 2 is capable of.

I wonder if it was a necessary tradeoff as the facial expressions take up so much GPU power?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

rickyjb wrote: »
    It took them about 5-6 days to deliver a game to me before, I don't know what they're like for delivering things on launch day. 9 quid is 9 quid though.
    I pre-ordered the GTA IV SE [safe deposit box included], got it delivered by courier a day after it was released. That was before The Hut took it over though.
    Does anyone know if the soundtrack is available to instore pre-orders in gamestop?
    I pre-ordered it but don't recollect anything other than "A slip of the tongue".
    Yep it is, pre-ordered it there myself and it definately advertised the extra case and soundtrack on the poster

Lads, for any of ye that pre booked in a Gamestop shop (not online), did ye have to pay a deposit? I was in their last week picking up Borderlands and and was gonna prebook it but didn't have any extra money on me so didn't want to look a fool if asked for a deposit :o

They had a great setup on the backwall, huge posters showing the DLC exclusive and a 32 inch playing the trailers. Can't wait for this game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Yeah you need to make a deposit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Lads, for any of ye that pre booked in a Gamestop shop (not online), did ye have to pay a deposit? I was in their last week picking up Borderlands and and was gonna prebook it but didn't have any extra money on me so didn't want to look a fool if asked for a deposit :o

They had a great setup on the backwall, huge posters showing the DLC exclusive and a 32 inch playing the trailers. Can't wait for this game!

3 euro deposit I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

3 euro deposit I think

I work in Gamestop and it is 3e min, also take in to consideration that you get an extra 25% trade-in value on games that are traded against upcoming releases.(prebooks)

I brought back Crysis 2 yesterday with an instant credit value of 35e plus 25%= 43.50 or there abouts, now all i have to pay is 6.50 when LA Noire comes out. its not heavely advertised in most shops, but if you ask it is available.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I work in Gamestop and it is 3e min, also take in to consideration that you get an extra 25% trade-in value on games that are traded against upcoming releases.(prebooks)

I brought back Crysis 2 yesterday with an instant credit value of 35e plus 25%= 43.50 or there abouts, now all i have to pay is 6.50 when LA Noire comes out. its not heavely advertised in most shops, but if you ask it is available.;)

Do you know if the "trade 3 games get a new release for €3" offer will be available with this? So if you pre-book it with 3 quid all you'd need to do would be show up with 3 games from that list when it comes out, that would be sweet...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Better added content (an extra case and soundtrack download) from gamestops pre-order, plus some people will want it delivered on release date, so the extra €9 is worth it.

Does anyone know if the soundtrack is available to instore pre-orders in gamestop?
    I pre-ordered it but don't recollect anything other than "A slip of the tongue".

I was looking at the box today and it said soundtrack included.

Hey Freeman (or anyone else who might know) Will there be a Gamestop in Limerick that will be doing a midnight launch for this? I'll be working nights the weekend its out so I wouldn't mind lashing into it Thursday night!

Thanks!

Do you know if the "trade 3 games get a new release for €3" offer will be available with this?
    It is on the list sir.;)
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hey Freeman (or anyone else who might know) Will there be a Gamestop in Limerick that will be doing a midnight launch for this? I'll be working nights the weekend its out so I wouldn't mind lashing into it Thursday night!

Thanks!

Normally they are planned in advance(ala Halo/GTA 4 etc.)there has been no talk of a midnight launch for this title and would have expected to hear if there was one this close to launch. If there is a change on the above and there is a launch planned i'll let ya know Sheehy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I doubt it'd be big enough to warrant a midnight launch, the first game in a new ip rarely is. Even if it is rockstar thats making it, I dont think Red Dead got one either iirc. these days its stuff like COD, GTA, Halo, Gears of War. only other things I can see getting midnight launches this year are Arkham City, Uncharted 3 and Gears 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

It is on the list sir.;)

Fantastic...:)

I know there's a list of the trade in games but is there a list of new release titles that will be covered also? It's strange the way they're not advertising this €3 deal at all on the website, it's a great offer.

rickyjb wrote: »
    Fantastic...:)

I know there's a list of the trade in games but is there a list of new release titles that will be covered also? It's strange the way they're not advertising this €3 deal at all on the website, it's a great offer.

there is indeed, Just seen it instore couple days ago there its mostly all big releases for the coming months from what i could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but is there PS3 and Xbox exclusive DLC, or is it just for just Ps3?

humanji wrote: »
    Sorry if this was mentioned before, but is there PS3 and Xbox exclusive DLC, or is it just for just Ps3?

Taken from the zavvi site,it doesn't look as if the xbox version is getting the slip of the tongue dlc,you get what is below and you get the slip of tongue dlc with the ps3,Im open to correction though.

[QUOTERelease Date: 20 May 2011

Pre-Order L.A. Noire and receive the exclusive in game content 'Sharpshooter Suit and Gun Combo'.

“The Sharpshooter” Detective Suit enhances your aim with rifles and pistols. Always a worst case scenario for any detective working a case, there are of course those occasions for Cole Phelps when pursuing a suspect escalates to gunfire. In these tense shootouts, the Sharpshooter suit provides that extra aiming precision to take the criminal down.
    Alternative pistol model (nickel-plated)][/QUOTE]

• Advertisement

The added content is store based as opposed to console based. No matter where you order it, both versions will be the same.

Only gamestop offer the "Slip of the tongue" (it's an extra case to solve) and bonus soundtrack if you pre-order off them.
    Taken from the zavvi site,it doesn't look as if the xbox version is getting the slip of the tongue dlc,you get what is below and you get the slip of tongue dlc with the ps3,Im open to correction though.

[QUOTERelease Date: 20 May 2011

Pre-Order L.A. Noire and receive the exclusive in game content 'Sharpshooter Suit and Gun Combo'.

“The Sharpshooter” Detective Suit enhances your aim with rifles and pistols. Always a worst case scenario for any detective working a case, there are of course those occasions for Cole Phelps when pursuing a suspect escalates to gunfire. In these tense shootouts, the Sharpshooter suit provides that extra aiming precision to take the criminal down.
    Alternative pistol model (nickel-plated)]

On zavvi neither version is getting the "Slip of the tongue" added content, both the PS3 and 360 only get the "Sharpshooter suit and gun combo" - just gives you a better aim.

Amazon have the "Broderick suit" - makes you better at melee.

There is another added content, "The Naked City" which doesn't seem to be available in Ireland - it's a vice desk case and badge pursuit challenge.

Best one to get, imo is to pre-order from gamestop - an extra case to solve.

Ah I stand corrected then ;)

Any idea what website are doing the naked city dlc?

Ah I stand corrected then ;)

Any idea what website are doing the naked city dlc?

The only place I know who have it is US gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Question. i just pre ordered L.A. Noire on gamestop.ie and wondered how quick is express shipping??
    i have never bought off them online before, i live down the country so just wondering anyone know how quick express shipping is? on day release or 2 -3 working days or what?

The only place I know who have it is US gamestop.
    Was in game earlier and this is the dlc they had on the box,i wonder which one is better.......hmmmm

The added content is store based as opposed to console based. No matter where you order it, both versions will be the same.

Only gamestop offer the "Slip of the tongue" (it's an extra case to solve) and bonus soundtrack if you pre-order off them.
    They announced the other day that PS3 is getting "The Consul's Car" case exclusively. I just thought they might have one for xBox too, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

They announced the other day that PS3 is getting "The Consul's Car" case exclusively. I just thought they might have one for xBox too, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Its probably just a added bonus because of the whole exclusive thingy they were meant to have with the PS3.

Never heard of the "Consuls car". Where is this being offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Question. i just pre ordered L.A. Noire on gamestop.ie and wondered how quick is express shipping??
    i have never bought off them online before, i live down the country so just wondering anyone know how quick express shipping is? on day release or 2 -3 working days or what?

They usually send it out the day before release day and you should recieve it on release day.

• Advertisement

Never heard of the "Consuls car". Where is this being offered?
    I don't know if it's region specific. I saw it mentioned online in a few places, for example: http://16bitmonster.com/?p=2042

Basically an ad was released mentioning the PS3 exclusive case. I haven't seen anything for an xBox one, so I assume it's as Magill says and just an extra bonus for PS3.

Advertisement