Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

ha only found out about this zombie forum today, used to be commenteing on the walking dead on tv forum...but everyone is very critical there, they dont appreciate the brilliance of this masterpiece. its me against everyone else on that walking dead thread:phere i can be among other twd lovers:D

onto the show(just speculation) but its obvious sophia will be in hershels barn !zombies will escape barn and attack.emotional carol will run up to her chidl trying to hug her or something and get devoured.i'd say thats how itll turn out. cant wait for next ep gonna be so good. oh and people saying theyll give it another episode to make or break,wait until atleast the directors have changed. darabont directed up to i think ep 7 or maybe 8 then he was fired, so give it a chance til then ,and then watch the next episode or two where the new director takes over and well see if it gets better or worse! give it a chance !will be interesting to see if the new director makes the show better/worse or stays the same.

I liked last episode, characters are getting much more likeable/diverse and interesting.
    Daryl always was and still is the greatest nuff said:D
    Lori is getting less annoying ,its a start i suppose:rolleyes:
    Rick is just rick,whats not to like,hes solid character,quite deep,you can sympathise for him,hes a good character,good leader.
    Shane is very interesting as he has a dark side and is really messing up the group and causing havoc,hes an a**hole for what he did to otis. id never have him in my zombie survival group but hes interesting to watch on screen:) Like the andrea/shane relationship and the shane/dale tension.
    Really liking andrea now,shes gone from whiney annoying bitch to badass in one episode which is great.
    Dale is just such a great character! hes like the wise owl,looking out for the group,hes so wise and can see through liars(shane at otiss funeral:P)really like dale one of my favourite characters.
    Carol is ok,can be a bit annoying,wish she would act like a real mother and be hell bent on finding her child,not whimpering in a caravan like a puppy the whole time. carol needs to do something that isnt crying fast if she doesnt want me to hate her:P(does anyone think that carol and caryl will get into a relationship together).. Sophia arc is so disgustingly boring now...find her dead or alive god i dont care..though sophia walker would be cool!
    Tdog is just tdog,dont care if he dies..
    Carl is meh...hes just there dont hate or like him.
    And last but not least GLENN , just edging daryl out as my number 1 character. hes funny and likeable. always brightens up those dark moments. like the maggie relationshipalso really like the relationship between him and maggie. glenn has been developed very well over the last few episodes.

Onto the greene family-
    Hershels a good character. very moral but has a sort of mean side.solid character.
    Maggie i used to notlike because she was such a bitch to glenn. but now we can she really loves which i thought was actually really touching:)when she said he was the only person left in the world she cared about and she couldnt lose him,really sad stuff:(
    Otis:( shane you scumbag:mad:
    Patricia..random greene family teenager 1...random greene family teenager 2 ..meh. have those 3 characters even gotten 3 lines between them?bar patrcia at the otis funeral scene where patricia had a few lines. but patricia gets the loudest meh because her acting was good in that scene and i felt really sad for her:(. but those 3 need to be developed soon or atleast get a few lines!

does anyone know if theyll ever go back to the latino gang nursing home,in the season 2 trailer it looks as if the go back to visit the place. hopefully they do might be interesting.
    cant wait for some new characters, and hopefull well see tyrese and family and then michonne some time soon too:)

sorry this is so long, I really like this show y'know:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Still enjoying the show, intend to continue watching it for awhile yet. The action as slowed down too much though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to see thousands of zombies getting blown to pieces and I like the character development and all that, but I'm almost praying for the barn zombies to break out just so something happens! Got the feeling that the small herd appearing in the suburb was to remind people that yes, it is, in fact, a zombie show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just heard tonights showing on AMC is the last one until march next year (2012):/ the following 6 episodes will then be shown weekly again.

Sup with that? Another writers strike or just crappy scheduling?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

It certainly ended like it was on hiatus:(
    The way sophia emerged last from the barn after they had shot all the walkers when shane let them out to bring things to a head was very well done
    You knew though that rick would be the one to put her down after all the talk earlier in the episode about him not being a leader
    I hope its on again next week its really after getting good

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Yeah it was the last episode of the first half of the 2nd season:mad:
    Due to air again on february 12th according to here
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/celebritology/post/walking-dead-in-pretty-much-dead-already-they-shoot-zombies-dont-they/2011/11/27/gIQA5Lai3N_blog.html

• Advertisement

wow..
    After disliking hershall in every episode and even this one til the last few minutes.. i finally get it. Pure class. What a show!

That was SO good, loved the end scene.

Hopefully they'll put a bit more money and writing into the next set of episodes. While I don't think this season so far has been bad, it could certainly move faster. Fair play to Maggie, Glen, and the rest for coming through and accepting what had to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

I think episode 7 has got to be one of the best episodes so far. Absolutely brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

The last scene was electric, great music and when sophie comes tip toeing out, that was really well done. Some great acting from Hershall but has it done enough. But Lets ne honest, Sophie didnt look that scary. Overall the show was as dull as dish water. Is this following the comic or have the writers gone their own way. But after saying that I will watch in march, just to see if Shane gets munched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

I absolutely loved everything about this episode.

I've liked the entire season, to be honest; the search for Sophia got drawn out but damn, they brought it to a satisfying conclusion.

As sad as Sophia being a walker was, I think I would have hated it if they'd found her alive and well somewhere. Realistically, this was the only way they could have gone...a little girl, alone, lost, wandering, no weapon, no training...she'd have no chance.

I also like how each character is growing, coming into their own, defining themselves, even Carl.

I know there's been stuff said about there not being enough zombie action, but really, it's not just a zombie show...it's a drama, in which the characters live in a world infested with zombies. I like that it hasn't been entirely zombie centered, that the survivors got to have this lull in the chaos where they thought they were safe, when the reality was that they were never safe - as proven by the attack on Maggie in the last ep - and that they never will be safe and have to be more alert, more careful.

February 12th can't get here fast enough.

Not sure if it's due in the latter half of the season or in the 3rd season, but Stephen King and his son Joe Hill (who is the author of an excellent zombie short story), are supposed to be writing an episode and I'm def looking forward to that.

• Advertisement

Frank Darabont and King worked together on a few things before too, i know for certain they did on 'The Mist', it wouldnt surprise me if king was drafted in for a show or two.. i just hope he doesnt make a bollocks of it if he is.

King can write but he cannot act. if he gets a cameo, it better be as a zombie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Wow, what a brilliant end to the Sofia character arc.

Really didn't like Hershel, was beginning to think he was cracked but then you just get it at the end and I think H gets it too that they are dangerous.

Still think Shame is a tit though and Andrea should cop herself on. I understand the need to arm though.

I'm surprised they have'nt fashioned other weapons like pikes/bayonets. Ammunition is at a premium.

I wonder if Dale somehow knew that he would set Shame off by taking the arms cachet?

I love the relationship developing between Daryl and Carol.

Brilliant ending, satisfying in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm surprised they have'nt fashioned other weapons like pikes/bayonets. Ammunition is at a premium.
    Not in America movie land. Resources just haven't come into it at all yet. They really should be out of fuel by now too, American cars just don't do fuel economy.

Great season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

ScumLord wrote: »
    They really should be out of fuel by now too, American cars just don't do fuel economy.
    Weren't they siphoning fuel from the cars on the motorway? With all those other cars around they're bound to find enough as they travel, at least for a while anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Brilliant end.

After weeks dragging on Sophia's storyline... bang! Never saw that coming.

JohnK wrote: »
    Weren't they siphoning fuel from the cars on the motorway? With all those other cars around they're bound to find enough as they travel, at least for a while anyway.

No good if other survivors have been there before.

After the initial Doom other survivors could pose just as much danger.

I wonder when Sofia was bit and ended up in the barn. Did Carol have a photo of her that the Hershels may have seen. Surely they would have know by her description alone that she was skulking in Pandoras Barn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Does anybody else think Hershel might have known about her and not said it because he didn;t want to let them know about the intial secret of the barn ? Well anyway it was a great ending episode and and a good enough season too, Guy that plays Shane is unreal in fairness went from hating him for the Otis murder to loving him for his hole no bull**** attitude at the end ! if he dies when they go bk ill be pissed off !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Does anybody else think Hershel might have known about her and not said it because he didn;t want to let them know about the intial secret of the barn ? Well anyway it was a great ending episode and and a good enough season too, Guy that plays Shane is unreal in fairness went from hating him for the Otis murder to loving him for his hole no bull**** attitude at the end ! if he dies when they go bk ill be pissed off !
    Yep, I've been thinking the same. Maybe we'll find out next season if Hershel knew about it.

He might be a bit of an asshole, but I really like Shane's character.

They should have sent Dale down the well and let him there

Frank Darabont and King worked together on a few things before too, i know for certain they did on 'The Mist', it wouldnt surprise me if king was drafted in for a show or two.. i just hope he doesnt make a bollocks of it if he is.

King can write but he cannot act. if he gets a cameo, it better be as a zombie.

Did a search, wanting to see if I could find more info on this, and read that it's rumored that any involvement King and his son would have had, went out the window when Darabont unattached himself from the show. Something about solidarity between the two. (They have worked together several times, Shawshank Redemption being one, and yes, The Mist, which Dale and Andrea were in). I'm kinda disappointed if that's true; I think he and his son are pretty amazing, and them co-writing an ep had real potential.

I kinda get a kick out of his cameo's, even if he can't act.
    I wonder if Dale somehow knew that he would set Shame off by taking the arms cachet?

I don't know...I think he thought he was being smart, hiding the weapons, and didn't imagine Shane would follow him. I think he was ready for a confrontation, but that he'd get the guns hidden before it.
    I love the relationship developing between Daryl and Carol.

Me, too. It's one of my favorite story lines this season; it shows how both of the characters have grown so much. It's def made Carol more interesting, as there didn't seem to be too much to her.
    I wonder when Sofia was bit and ended up in the barn. Did Carol have a photo of her that the Hershels may have seen. Surely they would have know by her description alone that she was skulking in Pandoras Barn.

I'm curious, too, how long Sophia lasted before turning, and how it happened...didn't see any obvious wounds.

In the preview for what's coming up in the 2nd half of the season, they question whether Hershel knew, saying he had to have known, which I think he did really; he isn't stupid....maybe he was a bit delusional, but then I expect a lot of people would react that way, whether because they can't accept the truth of the situation, or because it breaks something in them.

btw, Pandora's Barn - love it. :pac:
    =Barna77;75735119]They should have sent Dale down the well and let him there

Aww...I don't think he's half as bad as that. :( I loved what he said to Shane, about how Shane's perfect for the way the world is now, and how he (Dale) may not live long, but at least he hasn't let the world change him. (I'm loosely quoting him, sorry if it's not perfect :p) It's very true, and while I believe that yes, you have to adapt to live in a world like that, at the same time it's dangerous to lose yourself completely. Like Glenn said, Dale is old and he knows stuff...he keeps his eyes and ears open, not to be nosy, but because he genuinely cares for the group as a whole...he seems to me, to come off as a father/grandfatherly type figure to everyone, and I think he's right to fear what Shane could do, and to consider the potential threat he poses to the group.

But at the same time Shane has some fine points in what he says/believes. So I don't entirely hate him either, though he's the biggest asshole ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

JohnK wrote: »
    Petrol will also evaporate over time. Their driving fairly big wagons too. It's hard for us to appreciate just how bad the fuel economy is in American cars, with cars and trucks fully loaded with people and supplies they're going to have a fairly high fuel consumption.

I guess they might have a few months, America is oil rich so there's plenty of it around.

• Advertisement

Did a search, wanting to see if I could find more info on this, and read that it's rumored that any involvement King and his son would have had, went out the window when Darabont unattached himself from the show. Something about solidarity between the two. (They have worked together several times, Shawshank Redemption being one, and yes, The Mist, which Dale and Andrea were in). I'm kinda disappointed if that's true; I think he and his son are pretty amazing, and them co-writing an ep had real potential.

I kinda get a kick out of his cameo's, even if he can't act.

I don't know...I think he thought he was being smart, hiding the weapons, and didn't imagine Shane would follow him. I think he was ready for a confrontation, but that he'd get the guns hidden before it.

Me, too. It's one of my favorite story lines this season; it shows how both of the characters have grown so much. It's def made Carol more interesting, as there didn't seem to be too much to her.

I'm curious, too, how long Sophia lasted before turning, and how it happened...didn't see any obvious wounds.

In the preview for what's coming up in the 2nd half of the season, they question whether Hershel knew, saying he had to have known, which I think he did really; he isn't stupid....maybe he was a bit delusional, but then I expect a lot of people would react that way, whether because they can't accept the truth of the situation, or because it breaks something in them.

btw, Pandora's Barn - love it. :pac:

Aww...I don't think he's half as bad as that. :( I loved what he said to Shane, about how Shane's perfect for the way the world is now, and how he (Dale) may not live long, but at least he hasn't let the world change him. (I'm loosely quoting him, sorry if it's not perfect :p) It's very true, and while I believe that yes, you have to adapt to live in a world like that, at the same time it's dangerous to lose yourself completely. Like Glenn said, Dale is old and he knows stuff...he keeps his eyes and ears open, not to be nosy, but because he genuinely cares for the group as a whole...he seems to me, to come off as a father/grandfatherly type figure to everyone, and I think he's right to fear what Shane could do, and to consider the potential threat he poses to the group.

But at the same time Shane has some fine points in what he says/believes. So I don't entirely hate him either, though he's the biggest asshole ever.
    :eek:she had a massive gaping bite wound on her neck!howd you miss it?:p

bb1234567 wrote: »
    :eek:she had a massive gaping bite wound on her neck!howd you miss it?:p

Did she? :o

Must've missed it due to being all teary eyed (I'm a girl, it made me emotional!).

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

Alrighty, Saw Ep7 last night

Redneck sterotype and baldie to Get it Onnnnnnnnnn (said like a ring announcer). Glad shes taken a step up froom being an extra.
    Still really liking asian united colours of bennaton racial diversity guy.
    Hot Daughter is still hot
    Personally Id have just shot annoying old delusional vet guy
    Teachers and prision brak are boring, Stupid kids at least growing a set though.
    Black extrak is still black extra.
    Old stalker really is losing it, he'll probably do what he told blondie not to do and kill himself.
    Blondie has gone from wanting to stab her to Hot gun toting biatch. good character comeback.
    Shane is awesome enough to get his name used, I really like the uncompromising nutjob he is becoming.
    Other extras in the house are extras.
    Great ending to the hunt for lost kid.

ye im wondering where the daryl/carol storylines going?? could carol kill herself? or will she not be as depressed because she has daryl? will they become an item? how will daryl take sophias death? really dont know where its going...could be interesting though! i really think carol may kill herself..but then again i really dont know :)

Redneck sterotype and baldie to Get it Onnnnnnnnnn (said like a ring announcer). Glad shes taken a step up froom being an extra.
    Teachers and prision brak are boring, Stupid kids at least growing a set though.
    Old stalker really is losing it, he'll probably do what he told blondie not to do and kill himself.
    Blondie has gone from wanting to stab her to Hot gun toting biatch. good character comeback.
    Shane is awesome enough to get his name used, I really like the uncompromising nutjob he is becoming.

ye im same as you:)..but one difference... i like dale or ''old stalker guy'' :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

What the hell is awesome bout him, a redneck scummer who'd screw anyone over if it meant saving his own ass. The women in this programme are starting to go up in my estimations, im liking Maggie & Andrea at the moment, their both little roides:).

Overall I like the way the story is developing, its very rare any decent film or tv show comes out involving zombies and this is the exception.

Ive always rated Andrew Lincoln as an actor since his Teacher days and I think he's getting better with this series the more it goes on although I would like to see his character developed a bit more. It seems this time is going to Jon Bernthal's character Shane. A pity cos I dont rate the little ****er

Shame is too much of a hot head to be a leader, he could have gotten the group killed or run off the farm with the way he behaved. Remember, no one was told how many walkers were in the barn, a dozen was a guess by a glance from Glenn.

How did Hershel and company get the walkers in there? It must have been very fraught as the barn filled up.

Rick was the one to put down Sofia, he did it without fanfare. This is the difference between him and Shame, Rick observes and thinks (although he did act a bit of a tit in series one - but he learnt from it) while Shame shouts his mouth off. Shame has his own survival first (inch or so ahead of Loris/Carls) while Rick would never put himself first.

I doubt Daryls/Carols was more of brother/sister relationship forming as they had both lost someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

Youre right, There was no way to actually get a walker into that barn as none of the upper floor entrances were ramp accessible.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Sad to see Sophia gone like that. Was hoping she was in a tree house or something!

Shane was ridiculously gung ho in this. Was waiting for him to start shouting USA! USA!

I was hoping they'd accidentally pull the head off those two zombies in the stream. Would have been some nice comic relief.

Did super cop and shane have a talk about shane playing hide the sausage with the wife?

Hot daughter is indeed still hot.

250px-Lauren_Cohan.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I wonder did hershel know she was in there? And if not, when did she get there? Imagine the irony if she had arrived to the barn the night that dale was told about the zombies by glen.
    Barn looks nice and quiet, hops into the upper levels via the same route glen and hot daughter and gets eaten.
    The killer would be as dale had said that one night wouldn't matter...

Advertisement