Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

ScumLord wrote: »
    It could be that the zombies where immobile and basically just stood up when they heard the group working. It would explain why they where so close before anyone noticed I guess.

I was thinking about this during last night's episode, about how quiet you'd want to be, even when traveling and then Daryl said something about his motorcycle to Dale, and I thought maybe with how loud that thing is, it would certainly attract some attention and get walkers moving.

Another good episode; won't talk about it just yet as I know most of you won't have seen it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

They probably follow the path of least resistance except for when they get a whiff of the living.

That post mortem scene was gack.
    If they are dead and have no circulation then how was the woodchuck(?) digested? Nitpicking i know:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

5live wrote: »
    If they are dead and have no circulation then how was the woodchuck(?) digested? Nitpicking i know:o

How much dead wood would a dead wood chuck chuck if a dead woodchuck could chuck dead wood?

Over thinking zombie biology to the point where we begin discussing the digestive merits of a bloodless system. They appear to have various difference levels of awareness in the show.

For example the Z that went into the camper van seemed to be alert, tactile, highly responsive to sound etc etc. where as others stumble about the place. I just take it for what it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

BigDuffman wrote: »
    How much dead wood would a dead wood chuck chuck if a dead woodchuck could chuck dead wood?

Over thinking zombie biology to the point where we begin discussing the digestive merits of a bloodless system. They appear to have various difference levels of awareness in the show.

For example the Z that went into the camper van seemed to be alert, tactile, highly responsive to sound etc etc. where as others stumble about the place. I just take it for what it is!
    I just assumed the more alert ones were more recent zombies and the slower, more shuffly and less alert were older ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

I noticed that in Season Two that the 'walkers' have become 'runners' !
    The zombies have now acquired incredible speed. They were fairly shifting it in episode two...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Watched the second ep last nite. Was good, just not enough zombies for my liking.

What the hell though when Shane and Otis are going to get the medical supplies. They are creeping up at the start of the scene to a cop car. No zombies, all quite. "Ok now lets scout the area", fecking loads of zombies 10 feet infront of them. Did you not see them on your way over?

Cant wait to see them get out of this one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

Full.Duck wrote: »
    Watched the second ep last nite. Was good, just not enough zombies for my liking.
    Not a lot of gore either!
    The Walking Dead is nothing without zombies and gore :-)

I'm really starting to like Daryl.

Complex character without the hero complex who is starting to discover a different side to himself now that he isn't following his brother around anymore.

Been thinking more about the Jenner secret. If his name really isn't a clue, then maybe the stuff he told them about the zombies isn't true, and it could be something like that they're still conscious underneath the zombie exterior, with the previous consciousness of the person still alive feeling all the pain etc.

I still like the idea of Rick having something in his blood though, as whether it's a curse or a cure, it's in Carl now. Whatever it is though it's less likely to be anything about Lori, as it was something he saw fit to share on the talkie in episode one, before he decided he couldn't, so it must be Z related.

PaulieBoy wrote: »
    I noticed that in Season Two that the 'walkers' have become 'runners' !
    The zombies have now acquired incredible speed. They were fairly shifting it in episode two...

Yeah, I thought they were a little fast; but I put it down to hunger and them seeing food in who knows how long.
    Full.Duck wrote: »
    What the hell though when Shane and Otis are going to get the medical supplies. They are creeping up at the start of the scene to a cop car. No zombies, all quite. "Ok now lets scout the area", fecking loads of zombies 10 feet infront of them. Did you not see them on your way over?

Cant wait to see them get out of this one though.

I think they knew they were there, hence them walking low behind cover; it just wasn't until the camera panned up that the audience saw the zombies; it gave the impression that Shane and Otis hadn't seen them until we did.

Complex character without the hero complex who is starting to discover a different side to himself now that he isn't following his brother around anymore.

I thought the same thing; Daryl is one of the more changed characters so far this season and I really like him, whereas last season I didn't so much because I was afraid he was exactly like Merle.
    Been thinking more about the Jenner secret. If his name really isn't a clue, then maybe the stuff he told them about the zombies isn't true, and it could be something like that they're still conscious underneath the zombie exterior, with the previous consciousness of the person still alive feeling all the pain etc.

I still like the idea of Rick having something in his blood though, as whether it's a curse or a cure, it's in Carl now. Whatever it is though it's less likely to be anything about Lori, as it was something he saw fit to share on the talkie in episode one, before he decided he couldn't, so it must be Z related.

I think there is definitely something of the previous consciousness left in the zombie, we've seen evidence of it; my question is, how long does it last? (And I'm completely lost on what you've said about Jenner's name as a clue? And also Rick's blood? Something to do with the comics? I've never read them.)

Did anyone else want to shake Dale when he felt T-Dog's head and discovered he had a fever? Yeah, he said it is blood poisoning due to the infection, but did they all forget he had a fresh zombie corpse thrown on him and an open wound? And I loved how he was all, "I'm black so I didn't get picked to go on the search." Uh, you're wounded and you've lost a lot of blood, dumbass. I know it was probably the infection making him talk like that, but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Interesting to see if T-Dog is infected or not.

I thought the thing Jenner told Rick was about Lori? (preggers?)

Hershels farm is curiously unfortified.

For weapons I thought they would have fashioned bayonets or pikes by now. Silent and sharp.

I did the 'which character are you' personality test on the AMC website and I came up as Dale!

I can't warm to whatshisface second sheriff. It was weird seeing the before bits.

• Advertisement

I'm completely lost on what you've said about Jenner's name as a clue? And also Rick's blood? Something to do with the comics?
    Edwin Jenner was the character; Edward Jenner was the first person to discover/invent vaccination (he provided the vaccination to stop small pox by injecting people with small amounts of cow pox). So by the name clue I mean that maybe there's some sort of immunity in Rick's blood or some sort of cure, or even that he got the virus during his coma and it saved him from actually going Z, but leaving him with an immunity, or something to do with that. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69458315&postcount=78 I posted that about a year ago so I don't know why I mentioned it in my last post as if it's something people would recall me saying. I don't know about the comics, I once attempted to read them but stopped myself because I realised the story lines will be better enjoyed if I read the comics after the TV show is done, plus they're not that similar from the little I saw.
    Did anyone else want to shake Dale when he felt T-Dog's head and discovered he had a fever? Yeah, he said it is blood poisoning due to the infection, but did they all forget he had a fresh zombie corpse thrown on him and an open wound? And I loved how he was all, "I'm black so I didn't get picked to go on the search." Uh, you're wounded and you've lost a lot of blood, dumbass. I know it was probably the infection making him talk like that, but still.
    I think it's on everyone's mind, but they're hardly going to say it while he's still walking and talking. I know how you feel though because I was going mad about how they're handling it. While it's too early to kill him IMO, they shouldn't have left Dale alone with him at all.

Plus I wish they'd just find Sophia already, there's way too much other stuff going on for them to expect us to still care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Well I'm after watching the first two episodes of season 2 and I had forgotten how much I love this show!:D . That farm that Rick and his son are staying at seems very indefensible though. There is a wide open expanse that they can see anything for about 300 yards to the far treeline but the back of the house seems to be right up against the forest without any fence.

As a hunter myself I did laugh out loud at the 'gutting' scene with Dayle doing the melodramatic plunging of the knife into the Z...

I agree with the Sophia comment, there is too much going on to have much empathy left with looking for her. Also I was positive Kdog was going to bleed out and die and not be walking around a few minutes later. Roll on episode 3 next week.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Gonna be crazy when they eventually meet back up with the brother...

I thought the thing Jenner told Rick was about Lori? (preggers?)

I thought maybe that as well, but surely they'd have said something by now? I can't imagine Rick wanting her traipsing about in the woods if she was pregnant - I'd see him being even more protective.
    Hershels farm is curiously unfortified.

It is, yet it's pretty far out there, or so it seems...off the beaten path. But he did say they had some trouble to begin with.
    For weapons I thought they would have fashioned bayonets or pikes by now. Silent and sharp.

They have more silent weapons now that Karl found those knives, etc. Though, lot of good it did Andrea. :rolleyes:
    I did the 'which character are you' personality test on the AMC website and I came up as Dale!

I was Rick. :D
    I can't warm to whatshisface second sheriff. It was weird seeing the before bits.

I wasn't liking Shane so much the first season...but now, I don't know...I don't think he's a bad person, and he does care for Lori and Karl, and Rick as well...and I don't think what happened between he and Lori was done maliciously, but I know a few people who don't like him because of the "affair" (I don't really consider it one, since as far as they knew, Rick was dead).
    Edwin Jenner was the character; Edward Jenner was the first person to discover/invent vaccination (he provided the vaccination to stop small pox by injecting people with small amounts of cow pox).

Ah, that is a cool tie-in...love when shows do that.
    Plus I wish they'd just find Sophia already, there's way too much other stuff going on for them to expect us to still care.

Yes! It's only 2 episodes in and that storyline is boring already. Where the hell could she have gone that they can't find her? I really don't even care anymore...just move on from it and focus on the exciting stuff.

Tallon wrote: »
    Gonna be crazy when they eventually meet back up with the brother...

Well if T-dog does turn Z, Merle will be sure to turn up then to do the deed.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

Anyone watch the webisodes yet? They are available on the official website, no restrictions on Ireland either.. I won't ruin the end but it explained one of my favorite moments from season 1, was awesome how they linked them in :)

I've seen them, they are excellant. I wish they would do some more. There was some clip that showed one of them being a Zed, not the legless one. I wish they had just left that bit out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

maybe thats what he started shooting at you would not put in past him
    :P

Could have been brillant TV
    cast -> terrible
    Acting -> terrible
    Story line -> started good, went down hill show by show
    last two shows where crap first two where brillant I think.

I like the way they are all breaking down mentally bit like a factory I worked in before.

I hate most of the cast especially the old guy and the japanese guy.

There's hope yet for season 2
    they should just kill the whole cast of at start of next show in a zombie ambush or better yet just put a note up at start saying they are zed meat
    Then have a spin-off show with Daryl and merle against the zeds.
    I think Daryl actually enjoys life after Z-day.

Seen first two shows , I see they ignored my advice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

So whats the deal with watching it live tonight ?? now the clocks went back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'm still dyin' to know what Jenner said to Rick at the end of season 1.. Must've been pretty bad if Rick thought twice about saying anything when he had the opportunity.

• Advertisement

Did anyone see episode 3 yet? OMFG!!!
    When The pickup first came back to the ranch I assumed it was Otis not Shane.Then when Shane is examining the cut on his scalp in the bathroom I was thinking 'ah great Im actually starting to empathise with his character and his is going to turn into a zombie'' But then to learn that Shane killed Otis because he was slowing him down and the scratch was Otis pulling a tuft of Otis's hair out :eek:. I did not see that coming.It made no sense either as Shane with his leg injury was probablly slowing Otis down and not all of the walkers would stop chasing Shane to chow down. Shane you douche.:mad:

I did not see that coming...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

I was cheesed initially as I didn't think they were going to go back and explain what happened to Otis. Wow... atta boy Shane.

Overall the episode was pretty decent. The conversations between Glenn and Maggie seemed pretty forced but otherwise I didn't have many problems withe anything.

Next week's episode looks like fun, at least from previews.

I can't wait a full week for this :D

http://youtu.be/HZg5MQZ-Srw

:eek:

After defending Shane last week and talking about how he was a good person, I now feel stupid. :o

Whoa. Honestly, the way he was acting when he first got back, didn't expect him to have done that. And even though I'm shocked and think he's an ass for it - it makes you think: what would you do to survive? Anything? Or would you keep to the morals you had all your life and always do the right thing, no matter the situation?

I also wonder, did he do it just to survive, or did he do it to survive and to help save Karl?

Still bored with Sophia's disappearance (no details needed here, but someone who has read the comics, can you tell me is that from the comics? I'd just like to know it will get resolved, because it seems so pointless and boring right now)...though Daryl continues to grow on me - and Andrea continues to irritate me.

I agree with Glenn and Maggie seeming forced, but overall, it was a good episode.

I'm still dyin' to know what Jenner said to Rick at the end of season 1.. Must've been pretty bad if Rick thought twice about saying anything when he had the opportunity.

There was a point last night where Rick and Lori were talking in private and Rick was about to say something and I thought for sure, "Okay, he's going to tell Lori what Jenner said, finally!"

And then he didn't. :(

OMFG times a thousand!

Shane is such a dick, he could have shot Otis in the head or in the throat instead of the leg! Poor Otis, grisly way to go. I just cannot warm to Shane. He should have been the one to inform the widow, he looked as white as a sheet.

Daryl is growing some more and Dale/Andrea are still working it out. Andrea doesn't annoy me but I can understand if those around her may not trust her. I would be worried that she may not have my back.

What the hell was Glenn doing making yer one remember all the rest that she has lost?

More gore in this episode which complimented the story I thought.

There was a point last night where Rick and Lori were talking in private and Rick was about to say something and I thought for sure, "Okay, he's going to tell Lori what Jenner said, finally!"

And then he didn't. :(

I still have my money on Lori being up the duff.

What the hell was Glenn doing making yer one remember all the rest that she has lost?

Yeah I did think that was a bit of a di#k move. She is still reeling from hearing the news of Otis's death who she had known from when she was a child and Glenn decides now would be a good time to inquire as to the background of all the people's pictures on the fridge.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

fcuk that, i'd have done the same as he did..

though i might have been a bit more tactful given a couple of seconds to think it through.. still... the bollix! cant forgive him even if it was a pure
    "one of us needs to live and you were the fecker that shot the kid in the first place"
    kind of scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Remmy wrote: »

Yeah I did think that was a bit of a di#k move. She is still reeling from hearing the news of Otis's death who she had known from when she was a child and Glenn decides now would be a good time to inquire as to the background of all the people's pictures on the fridge.:confused:

I've a feeling there's a love interest there and he's gonna stay at the farm with them!

Advertisement