Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

Interesting how Lori was talking to Rick about not wanting Karl to grow up in a world like that, as in the end he would just turn into an animal thinking only of survival.

Kinda like what is happening to Shane a-la the kneecapping he gave Otis to buy himself time to get away.

Although the story is different from the comics I like how some of the main characters are becoming darker. I thought this was really interesting in the comics. How the lead characters broke down understress and the lines between good and bad become blurred.

Did Shane close the gate behind him???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Sorry for what is probably a very stupid question but what link are ye using to watch this on line, and if anyone could point me in the direction of where to watch the current survivor series I would be eternally grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

survivor series? like wrestling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

survivor series? like wrestling?

Ha no survivor a reality type survival show. I would just love to know which links people use to watch shows like walking dead before they hit our screens, if someone could pm that would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Astra wrote: »
    Ha no survivor a reality type survival show. I would just love to know which links people use to watch shows like walking dead before they hit our screens, if someone could pm that would be great!

Isn't that not illegal? As far as I know everyone on this thread watches the walking dead on fx or amc when it comes out.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Remmy wrote: »
    Did anyone see episode 3 yet? OMFG!!!
    When The pickup first came back to the ranch I assumed it was Otis not Shane.Then when Shane is examining the cut on his scalp in the bathroom I was thinking 'ah great Im actually starting to empathise with his character and his is going to turn into a zombie'' But then to learn that Shane killed Otis because he was slowing him down and the scratch was Otis pulling a tuft of Otis's hair out :eek:. I did not see that coming.It made no sense either as Shane with his leg injury was probablly slowing Otis down and not all of the walkers would stop chasing Shane to chow down. Shane you douche.:mad:

I did not see that coming...
    Wasn't even a spur of the moment thing either, he waited until Otis fired off his last round. I was stunned when Shane shot him.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

I think Shane did it because
    if he went for a head shot to kill Otis the walkers wouldn't stop to chow down, they appear to be attracted to live specimens

Which again raises the question, what attracts walkers to the live survivors?! Why don't the eat each other?

Also with the walker in the tree, did he hang himself then reanimate or was he bitten, got the "fever" and hung himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Bitten and started to get the fever I think.

'Got bit
    Fever hit
    World gone to ****
    May as well quit'

Catchy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Whens the next ep?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 conorw2011

I didnt think Shane had it in him to kill a guy who just saved his life !! Episode 3 is the best so far

conorw2011 wrote: »

Use spoiler tags. You might ruin it on someone who hasn't seen the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Bitten and started to get the fever I think.

'Got bit

Fever hit
    World gone to ****
    May as well quit'

Catchy one.

Never caught the first part of that! Makes sense. Otherwise would of opened up a whole reanimation of the dead type scenario as oppose to infection.

One other small point, anyone have an idea why some corpses (presumably killed by a z) do not become walkers? Eg. the bodies seen in car / traffic pile up. I will assume that they were not killed through:

A) Suicide
    B) Natural Causes.

Why did they not come back?

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Use spoiler tags. You might ruin it on someone who hasn't seen the episode.
    I thought we were allowed to talk about details since the title of the thread says "SPOILERS ABOUND!"? Presumably every post will have details of an episode, it's gonna get pretty messy if every post is spoilered.

Either way I'll adhere to it until someone clears the matter up. So for anyone who has seen the latest one-
    Who knew Shane had a conscience! And when Lori said stay she really should have been clear about her intentions towards him. Surely she meant stay in a "you're part of the team" way rather than a "I like you" way?

I thought we were allowed to talk about details since the title of the thread says "SPOILERS ABOUND!"?[/SPOILER]

That's a good point but major events like
    Shane murdering Otis to save his own hide
    should still be covered. After all, it's only one click of the mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Last nights ep was really good...I was a little worried 'cause last weeks seemed slow in parts, but it picked up the pace last night. The one thing that hasn't changed is Andrea's attitude - it's getting as old as the search for Sophia.

For those that have been saying they want more gore...you get it. In fact, zombie gore does not usually bother me, but what I saw last night made my stomach churn...soooooo disgusting.

Daryl has now become my favorite...his conversation with Carol was really touching and made me wonder how the hell he is even related to Merle. When Merle was introduced in season 1, and it was mentioned he had a brother, I expected him to be the mirror image to Merle in attitude, etc. and he has continued to grow on his own and it makes me wonder how Merle would react to seeing his brother.
    Merle comes back nest week, according to the previews. It does not look like a good thing.
    Tallon called it: Glen has a love interest...sort of. It was actually a little awkward, but the look on Glen's face was priceless.
    We all knew it - Lori is pregnant. Wonder how long she'll hide it, and who she'll tell first - and if Rick already knows?
    Rick putting away his badge and uniform was significant, and yet at the same time I thought a bit pointless - there's no law so it doesn't matter much I suppose, except maybe to himself and Lori.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

BigDuffman wrote: »
    One other small point, anyone have an idea why some corpses (presumably killed by a z) do not become walkers? Eg. the bodies seen in car / traffic pile up. I will assume that they were not killed through:

A) Suicide
    B) Natural Causes.

Why did they not come back?

I assumed they died of natural causes or suicide, just from the way the bodies were withered. And it didn't look like z's got into the cars - almost looked like they died right where they sat - like the guy that Karl knocked out of the truck getting the hatchet's and knives; the way his body was stuck implied he'd died right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Last nights ep was really good...I was a little worried 'cause last weeks seemed slow in parts, but it picked up the pace last night. The one thing that hasn't changed is Andrea's attitude - it's getting as old as the search for Sophia.

For those that have been saying they want more gore...you get it. In fact, zombie gore does not usually bother me, but what I saw last night made my stomach churn...soooooo disgusting.

Daryl has now become my favorite...his conversation with Carol was really touching and made me wonder how the hell he is even related to Merle. When Merle was introduced in season 1, and it was mentioned he had a brother, I expected him to be the mirror image to Merle in attitude, etc. and he has continued to grow on his own and it makes me wonder how Merle would react to seeing his brother.
    Merle comes back nest week, according to the previews. It does not look like a good thing.
    Tallon called it: Glen has a love interest...sort of. It was actually a little awkward, but the look on Glen's face was priceless.
    We all knew it - Lori is pregnant. Wonder how long she'll hide it, and who she'll tell first - and if Rick already knows?
    Rick putting away his badge and uniform was significant, and yet at the same time I thought a bit pointless - there's no law so it doesn't matter much I suppose, except maybe to himself and Lori.

+1 pretty much mirrored what I was going to post.:D

I really have to be hit over the head to get this symbolism stuff.

Was Ricks taking off of the badge and stetson a way of highlighting that he was no longer assuming a quasi leadership position in the group and therefore passing the torch to Shane.

I am mightily impressed by the character development of Daryl. I am far more invested in him as a character than any of the other main players.

Way to go Glenn!!

When Lori was going into the field with the knife I thought for a second that she was going to do a field expedient termination as it were. I'm guessing Rick already knows as that is what Jenner has whispered to him.

This sophia is like wily coyote. It's literally like the best game of hide and seek ever.:D

I think Hershal has some secrets in his closet and he isn't as passive as we are led to believe.

Also why doesn't Karl have a strong southern accent like his pa and ma...

How did rick get back his trademark revolver? Otis had it last in the clip where he was swarmed by walkers and it wasn't like Shane nipped back to get it...

Wouldn't all the wells be from the same watertable and therefore make all the water from all the wells contaminated eventually ?

It was a great episode though all things considered. I gotta go watch next weeks preview now!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Another great episode, the gore was mighty. It was nice to see further development of Daryl, but anymore and it will become a cliche.

Hersher is a bit naive about no guns.

Just watched the preview;)

Remmy wrote: »
    I think Hershal has some secrets in his closet and he isn't as passive as we are led to believe.

Well while I was watching it the person with me suggested (and it makes a lot of sense to me)
    what with no guns, wanting people to stay away, secrecy etc. maybe Hershal has a wife/child walker locked in the basement or something??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

In the comics...................

Spoiler:
    Herschel has his son and wife and a few other Zs in the barn, he believes there will be a cure one day. This is why he doesn't want anyone to carry guns or go near the barn.

Obviously not a good idea to keep Zak where you live so surprise surprise something bad happens

In the comics...................

Spoiler:
    Herschel has his son and wife and a few other Zs in the barn, he believes there will be a cure one day. This is why he doesn't want anyone to carry guns or go near the barn.

Obviously not a good idea to keep Zak where you live so surprise surprise something bad happens

I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

I didnt like the last episode. Was way to slow and only one zombie. Im watching it for hints on how to survive when the zombie apocalyspe hits and to see good oul zombie splattering action. I dont really care for a lost little girl dragging on and on, or if someone is preggers or if a love story is developing. Get on with it and get some suspense and horror into the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

Double posted cause my iPod decided to write same message twice. Sorry about that!
    Skyrim soon woo!!!(off topic post woo)

Full.Duck wrote: »
    I didnt like the last episode. Was way to slow and only one zombie. Im watching it for hints on how to survive when the zombie apocalyspe hits and to see good oul zombie splattering action. I dont really care for a lost little girl dragging on and on, or if someone is preggers or if a love story is developing. Get on with it and get some suspense and horror into the show.

No offense but I hate this comment. The show is about a group surviving during the Zed Apoc-it revolves around the trials and horrors living and coping in the world where everything is gone.
    If this show was about zombie killing, gore, splatter headshot-rinse repeat. It would get boring so damn fast.
    It explores the the last shred of society in all the ways they try grab that said past that is no more;meaning you will get drama/love stories/betrayal/episodes with zero zed's. It still is an amazing show and I love the pacing.
    The depth if the characters as they become deeper and the group all goes through they're own individual struggles whilst desperatly trying to hold on to life-be it the way there life one was, the future, the life of loved ones or theyre actual life itself.
    Best piece of advice-don't watch it only for the zombie action, enjoy all aspects of a fantastic series and I promise you, you will love it even more.
    :p

No offense but I hate this comment. The show is about a group surviving during the Zed Apoc-it revolves around the trials and horrors living and coping in the world where everything is gone.

I've got to agree. There's a thread over in the Television forum on The Walking Dead but I never look at it because a lot of it is people criticising the show for not being the show they want it to be, which is incidentally, a show completely different to what it's trying to be.

From what I can see, it is not a 1hr30min film where a load of zombies get killed in various gory ways. It's a tv show aiming to be long lasting (based on comics which are successfully long lasting) which explores the journey of survivors through an ordeal which strains them every second of the day. It aims to create empathy for the characters over time and develop story lines. This wouldn't be possible if it was a fast paced hack-em-up horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'm liking it so far.

Zed shows for me were always about social commentary, how society coped after been broken down. The real enemy is ourselves.

well, that and all the reckless violence and gore :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Guys, there's a warning in the op and in the thread title. I think it's fair to say whoever reads this thread can't complain about spoilification. So no need for those horrible grey zombie flesh like spoiler tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

I've got to agree. There's a thread over in the Television forum on The Walking Dead but I never look at it because a lot of it is people criticising the show for not being the show they want it to be, which is incidentally, a show completely different to what it's trying to be.

Its completely different to what its trying to be, but it is turning out to be like every other drama tv show. Good start. Lame slow paced middle. Cliff hanger end.

• Advertisement

Full.Duck wrote: »
    Its completely different to what its trying to be, but it is turning out to be like every other drama tv show. Good start. Lame slow paced middle. Cliff hanger end.

Actually it's turning into a strange cross from the comic and survival within te group. Exactly what it's supposed to be dude. For most it's this-
    Great start,
    Great pacing with depth and broaden on the character and world setting in the middle,
    Semi cliff hanger ending, but If a cliff hanger constitutes as 'every other drama' then your missing alot of things.

Sorry the writers try leave it with suspense and wanting you to come back to see it and applause te creative ways to end out said cliff hanger.shame on you silly writers
    /sarcasm.

Honestly seems like you just don't get this show man. How about I edit 45 minutes of zombie gore and killings for you and you can applaud my genius. You dont get the show-u mad bro?

Advertisement