Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

I am liking the show and the way the good guys are going bad and the "bad" guy redneck is becoming the good one.

I like Merle, he doesn't need the group as much as they need him.
    They have more silent weapons now that Karl found those knives, etc.

The show is now, in part at least, sponsored by Gerber. Hence the crappy bag of Gerber "Bear" Grylls branded knives.

My mate Merle has a good knife though, and had it since Season One!

He has a Busse Team Gemini fixed blade knife, google that yoke and see how unusual it is for a tv show to have one.

In "Lost" John Locke had a bag of knives, but his main knife changed from a Bud K piece of crap to a SOG Tigershark between seasons, miracle buying power of a successful show?

So why did Merle have a Busse first day? Was it Norman Reedus own knife? If it was, even "Boondock Saints" pales in how much I like this guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Full.Duck wrote: »
    I didnt like the last episode. Was way to slow and only one zombie. Im watching it for hints on how to survive when the zombie apocalyspe hits and to see good oul zombie splattering action. I dont really care for a lost little girl dragging on and on, or if someone is preggers or if a love story is developing. Get on with it and get some suspense and horror into the show.
    Yeah its losing me fast too, and it takes a lot of work to put me off a zombie show. The first series was great, something new every episode, this is like Hollyoaks.

I'm guessing budgetary concerns are to blame, ie lets milk this unexpectedly massively popular show for everything its worth. The only thing cheaper to run than drama is reality TV, and they already did Dead Set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

In the comics...................

Spoiler:
    Herschel has his son and wife and a few other Zs in the barn, he believes there will be a cure one day. This is why he doesn't want anyone to carry guns or go near the barn.

Obviously not a good idea to keep Zak where you live so surprise surprise something bad happens

ding ding ding!:D

The last 5 mins were the best part of this ep for me. What a bomb drop. After reading your comment I thought it would just be one or two Z's but there is a whole gaggle of them in there. I wonder was Glenn more shocked about the Z's in the barn or the fact that it's now off-limits for sexytime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Oh my, it is going to end badly!
    I didn't think there was going to be that many walkers, must be all the friends and family.

Gas the way Glenn thinks he can act smooth. The device with Merle was clever, there is still some doubt in Darles mind about whether he belongs to the group. I think the short haired woman sensed this. Shame may be feeling rotten in the inside but he needs to stop acting like a dick. Lori is right, Carl and herself are not Shanes excuse.

It was gas the lads running towards the 'walker' with their weapons thinking their macho. He was damn lucky the walker started at his feet. Meryl is one of the most interesting characters by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Really liked this weeks episode.

Loved the way they used Merle with Daryl - gives a real insight into their relationship, which we never got to see - and I agree, he was damn lucky that walker munched on his boot. And I thought it was a nice touch, Carol thanking him like she did, proving that the Merle in his head is wrong, that he is cared about.

My irritation with Andrea grows every week. I've always thought she'd get someone killed with her attitude, and she nearly did. What an idiot (though what I yelled at my TV at that moment was not as nicely put), and the look on her face, all proud of herself until she realized her mistake. She just doesn't listen, which is a huge mistake in a situation like this. Though Dale's comment to her later made me laugh.

Can't wait to see how Glenn handles the revelation of the barn, and if he stays loyal to his own people and tells Rick, or decides to be loyal to Maggie since he likes her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

I bet he will wimp out and cause the discovery of all the z's to ruin sexy time when this would be a perfect opportunity to get your freak on.

Shanes a tool
    Blondie is a tool,
    Random extra black guys a tool
    Beardy guy's a tool
    Guy from teachers a tool
    Chick from prison breaks a tool
    Baldie woman's a tool

Racial diversity chinese guy and walking sterotype redneck guy both rule
    Weird vet guys Daughter is HOT

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I bet he will wimp out and cause the discovery of all the z's to ruin sexy time when this would be a perfect opportunity to get your freak on.

Shanes a tool
    Blondie is a tool,
    Beardy guy's a tool
    Guy from teachers a tool
    Baldie woman's a tool

Agree with most of what you say except Chinese guy. He's cooler than the rest but I wouldn't say he rules. Redneck guy is awesome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Loved the episode, was shouting at the screen when she was aiming the rifle!
    Bit disappointed in the return of merle, thought he would actually be back, possibly after finding the girl in the woods.
    As silly as it sounds, it has played on so long that they nearly have to find her alive in the next episode, otherwise it is just waiting hours of tv!
    Considering this story arc was not in the comics, I am as out of the loop as anyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Shanes a tool
    Blondie is a tool,
    Beardy guy's a tool
    Guy from teachers a tool
    Baldie woman's a tool

Totally agree with this. I hate nearly all the characters. maybe im just a terrible cynic. I have no emotional ties to them and if any of them died i wouldnt care less and it would probably improve the show. Slitty and redneck are my favorites. I only root for them.

The Z's better all burst out of the barn and start some havoc. The first episode of this series is the only one that has truly captivated me. Where i put my hands up to my eyes and scream at the telly to get the hell out of there you idiots. Very little tension and thrilling at the moment. Its mostly been character building. Which sucks because i cant stand half of them

Agree with most of what you say except Chinese guy. He's cooler than the rest but I wouldn't say he rules. Redneck guy is awesome though.

I thought he was Korean.

I propose we change Shane to Shame for what he did to Otis.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I thought he was Korean.

I propose we change Shane to Shame for what he did to Otis.

I'm pretty sure he's a redneck. :D No idea where he is meant to be from, the guy above said Chinese so I just went with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

He's Korean.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

He's Korean.

Your Korean.

ASOT wrote: »
    Your Korean.

OutsiderAkuma's Korean? I thought he was my Korean.

OutsiderAkuma's Korean? I thought he was my Korean.

I'm everyone's Korean :p

(akuma is a Japanese word btw)

I'm everyone's Korean :p

(akuma is a Japanese word btw)

Oh I meant "OutsiderAkuma's" as in belonging to you, not as in you are (I was being a sneaky grammar Nazi because ASOT said "your" instead of "you're", but now I feel mighty foolish since he was the one with bad grammar but he was better understood than me!)

Anyway, I saw the sneak peek for next week, looks good!

Oh I meant "OutsiderAkuma's" as in belonging to you, not as in you are (I was being a sneaky grammar Nazi because ASOT said "your" instead of "you're", but now I feel mighty foolish since he was the one with bad grammar but he was better understood than me!)

Anyway, I saw the sneak peek for next week, looks good!

Well at least you don't feel dumb for missing that lol yup, next week looks pretty damn awesome! Gonna rock for sure

The tension is mounting...

At least Rick knew about Lori and Shane, if he went off on a crescendo the card would have fallen too soon. Poor Lori, would not want to be stuck in that situation. A/S, eeuuugghhh.

Dale seems to be the most observant of the bunch. Good zombie action. The Hershels really need to cop on. I get the feeling that Hershel may be the only that really supports the pet cemetery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Dale is like a savant. He is a few steps of everybody. Shane is gone back to di'ckmode. He is really doing his best to open a big fissure in the group. FFS forget about Sofia. I doubt even her Mam cares anymore...

Lovely development for Andrea, she's gone from moany-guts to sharpshooting car-sexer. Nice.

Felt really bad about the chickens though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

I HATE Lori. I actually shouted at the screen "you fcuking lying b1tch" when she was giving Rick crap about not telling her.

Andrea . . . . niiiccee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Lori...

Is a C*nt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

They are reaaally dragging this missing kid thing out a bit too much for my liking..I get that it gives them an "excuse" to stay at the ranch. But my god its sucking the life out of the show. I hope that Daryl gets to stick a crossbow bolt between her eyes if she turns out as a mini walker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Shane is a d*ck alright. Glad to see Glenn grow some nuts with the help of Maggie.

The zombie action needs to kick up a gear again. It seems like the last few episodes just get a small but of Z action so we don't forget it's a zombie series :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

shane and blondie getting it on, nowhere near enough tittays, every other show has full frontal, this is just sad.

prison break and teachers should group suicide.

beardy seems to be getting a little bit more interetsting.

black extra is still black extra

Weirdo vets daughter is still hot

korean united colours on bennaton ethnic diversitey should be really getting his freak on 24/7, she's well up for it.

baldie is pointless extra at this stage.

redneck took a back stage, is getting very pedestrian these days but will be awesome no doubt in future episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

I gave up with five minutes to go. Utter boring show now. It's all about the 'characters', problem with that is they are all pretty weak and not nearly enough to carry a show.
    I will give one more episode a go and if it don't start moving again it's off my list! Too much other good stuff out there to go wasting time on this bore fest...

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Im enjoying it
    As regards Shane if it was me who had a gammy leg and the other fella was someone i didnt know or care about and had put me in this situation(shooting the boy)
    Yeah id pop him as well if it meant me getting away from being eaten alive
    I think the sophia storyline is being drawn out too much the mother isnt even going out loooking for her now which isnt realistic cos the others wouldnt be putting themselves in harms way if the mother wasnt arsed
    If i just wanted gore id play mortal combat

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

If i just wanted gore id play mortal combat
    And if I wanted a show about inter personal relationships I would watch Neighbours! It's a zombie show, it's call the The Walking Dead.
    Now it's a soap opera with the odd token zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'm actually really enjoying it. I'd rather see more character development so i can actually give a fcuk what happens to each of individuals later.

Am thinking Sophia is with Merle at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

It was bouncing along the bottom for a while there but starting to pick up again. I'm not saying I have renewed faith just yet, the next episode will make or break it.

Advertisement