Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Keyzer wrote: »
    This season better start improving or I fear this show will be cancelled.

It's already been renewed for a third season.

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2011/10/amc-renews-the-walking-dead.php
    glenjamin wrote: »
    Get off the ****ing farm and back on the road looking for answers.

While I like what they've done - having them stay at the farm and get this sense of false safety - I want to see them moving on as well, and from the previews I've seen, I think they will be.
    Have Rick man up about finding out his best mate has been riding his missus and do something about it,

On the one hand, I like and respect the way Rick has handled this. They thought he was dead...Lori thought he was dead, so he doesn't blame her or hold it against her; he understands that she was hurting and lost, and sought comfort from someone she trusted. However, if he knew that Shane had left him there alive, I think that he'd not be so calm and understanding, or forgiving about it at least as far as Shane is concerned. Still, I'd like for him to let Shane know that he knows, yet I can't see Rick doing this in a confrontational way; he's so unlike Shane in that way.
    bring back Daryl's brother,
    I hope they do this. Why have him escape the roof if you don't plan on bringing him back? (I don't know how this was carried out in the comics, since I've not read them)
    have Lory have a miscarriage or something because a pregnancy will be very, very boring as the months progress,
    I don't know...a pregnancy in a post apocalyptic world would be anything but boring. It's risky and scary for so many reasons, but it's also necessary for the survival of the human race. I'd like to see the pregnancy come to term, to see how it's handled, how/if mother and child survive, what Rick does to see that this happens, etc.
    bring back Rick's mate from the first episode and show us how's he getting on,
    That is driving me crazy. He keeps talking to the guy on his walkie, why hasn't he heard from him yet? I imagine he and his son would stay in that house until he had the courage to finally kill his wife, but all that gunfire would draw the walkers attention, so it'd be risky to stay there. I feel to have to resolution with this character that Rick trying to talk to him like he's been would be kind of pointless.
    and make it more an action/horror than a drama with a few zombies thrown in.
    Every time I hear this, I think, "But it is a drama!" I love how it's focused on the survivors and not just the gore and horror of the zombies. I think they mix it together excellently, so you get some of the drama, some of the horror so you don't get, as eroo said a few posts back, "another sh1te b-movie!"

From what I've read though, they are stepping it up and the rest of season 2 is supposed to move faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

On the one hand, I like and respect the way Rick has handled this. They thought he was dead...Lori thought he was dead, so he doesn't blame her or hold it against her; he understands that she was hurting and lost, and sought comfort from someone she trusted. However, if he knew that Shane had left him there alive, I think that he'd not be so calm and understanding, or forgiving about it at least as far as Shane is concerned. Still, I'd like for him to let Shane know that he knows, yet I can't see Rick doing this in a confrontational way; he's so unlike Shane in that way.

Didnt we see a flashback episode of Shane in the hospital trying to get Rick out, the life support machines dying in a power cut and Shane failing to detect a pulse with Rick? So he would have legitimatly had reason to think Rick was dead. I just had a quick look but I couldnt find that episode so I might have picked it up wrong but thats how I remember it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

JohnK wrote: »
    Didnt we see a flashback episode of Shane in the hospital trying to get Rick out, the life support machines dying in a power cut and Shane failing to detect a pulse with Rick? So he would have legitimatly had reason to think Rick was dead. I just had a quick look but I couldnt find that episode so I might have picked it up wrong but thats how I remember it anyway.

That's how I remember it as well, with the hospital bed being pushed in front of the door so Rick could rest in peace.

Even if Rick was alive, trying to carry Shane out would have killed both of them - assuming Shane could even outrun the Zs who were at the end of the hall with Rick slung over his shoulder, the soldiers would have stopped them.

JohnK wrote: »
    Zomg Okay wrote: »
    That's how I remember it as well, with the hospital bed being pushed in front of the door so Rick could rest in peace.

Even if Rick was alive, trying to carry Shane out would have killed both of them - assuming Shane could even outrun the Zs who were at the end of the hall with Rick slung over his shoulder, the soldiers would have stopped them.

Yes, it was in one of the last episodes of season 1. But I honestly don't think Shane really tried to detect a pulse...if you watch the scene, Shane is unsure and scared and panicked, you can see it on his face; and I think the way he shut up the room to protect him shows you his doubts about whether Rick was really dead. Like it was his way of giving Rick some kind of chance if he was alive...but also - in my opinion - Shane's way of preserving himself, as we've seen him do again in season 2 (yes, I know, it was also to save Carl) because, yes, trying to take Rick with him would have slowed him down and been too much of a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

sparrowcar wrote: »

As long as there isn't a painful gap in the middle. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

painful gap is nearly at an end.. 3 days til it airs in the states! YUSS!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

On today in the states! Wooo!

phill106 wrote: »
    On today in the states! Wooo!

Got my dvr set since I won't be home when it starts. Can't wait. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Yeah, finally the wait is over. Watching the new episode 1st thing tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

imo , it looks like this is gonna be a good second part of the season :)

Really, really liked this episode. Going to be vague since I know a lot of you haven't seen it yet.

I liked all the different reactions to what transpired at the barn, how each person dealt with it, especially Carol.

The scene in the bar was amazing and I loved that Rick steps up and finally realizes what needs to be done to protect those you love, those you lead. Trusting your instincts is such an important thing in situations like this, and it could be your downfall if you don't.

My only complaint is how much of an idiot Lori is. Seriously.

I know a lot of people want more action, more zombies, but I for one am loving the story being told and I think this episode was great in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Rick can be a badass when he needs to be!
    Shame is still shame, a hot head but we see a gentler side to him in one scene with Carol. T-dog got some violent action and whingy Lori is no more. Daryl is hurting and no one seems to notice. I wonder how many 'factions' there are out there, they are the real danger. Rick and Hershel have worked **** out. I wonder how much truth came from the two stragglers.

Did anyone else spot the blooper in one scene?

Rick can be a badass when he needs to be!
    Shame is still shame, a hot head but we see a gentler side to him in one scene with Carol. T-dog got some violent action and whingy Lori is no more. Daryl is hurting and no one seems to notice. I wonder how many 'factions' there are out there, they are the real danger. Rick and Hershel have worked **** out. I wonder how much truth came from the two stragglers.

Did anyone else spot the blooper in one scene?

I didn't catch a blooper, but I'm watching it again now, so I'll keep an eye out.

Rick is a total badass...I think he just chooses when to show it very carefully; one of the things I think makes him a good leader - a far better leader than Shane would ever be.

I love watching episodes a second or a third time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I love watching episodes a second or a third time.

What was the blooper? I didnt notice it. good episode though, really wasnt expecting
    Rick to shoot those 2 guys dead without even as much as a seconds thought:eek: Rick grimes is now the badass we know and love from the comics woo!

I didn't catch a blooper the 2nd time through...unless you're meaning the truck & the arm?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

thats what i thought too?

How on earth was that fat guy still alive, it is a year into a zombie apocolypse isnt it?
    They seem to be part of a larger group, looks like sh*t may hit the fan !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

love the show, but seriously... kill of lori. she's a complete and total head wreck...

what the hell was she thinking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Excellent episode, the bar scene was amasing. The car crash was spectacularly stupid but I think Americans really are just that bad at driving, when I was in the states it was shocking to see bit's of blown tyres and skid marks going off a straight road into a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

So, problem solved for Rick and Lori?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Thought the first episode back was great.. but Lori. Man alive - she's KILLING me. Sneaking away without knowing where she was going when Glen and Rick had only been gone a short while? Seriously? That's the first truly bad writing I can complain about. I love to call it 'plot convenience theater', although that is stolen from Mystery Science Theater.

Rick is a bad man in disguise. Whoever hinted at that is right on, I think. But - the guys in the bar had friends and it looks like we get to meet them this Sunday! Looking forward to it for sure.

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Thought the first episode back was great.. but Lori. Man alive - she's KILLING me. Sneaking away without knowing where she was going when Glen and Rick had only been gone a short while? Seriously? That's the first truly bad writing I can complain about. I love to call it 'plot convenience theater', although that is stolen from Mystery Science Theater.

Rick is a bad man in disguise. Whoever hinted at that is right on, I think. But - the guys in the bar had friends and it looks like we get to meet them this Sunday! Looking forward to it for sure.

Yeah forgot to comment on lori. Rick and glen left to get glen, and to get him quickly. Then she goes to get them too?wtf?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Rick is a bad man in disguise.
    I wouldn't say that, he did the right thing there. He's just decisive, that might lead to mistakes but his heart is in the right place so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Reckon Lori's gonna have a lucky escape when they come across the wreck and kill any present zombies but the baby is probably gonzo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

what are the odds of the smoke from the zombie fire at the end attracting the other possible group ? Seemed like an odd shot to stick in there for a few seconds, im thinking this may be its purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭bb1234567

what are the odds of the smoke from the zombie fire at the end attracting the other possible group ? Seemed like an odd shot to stick in there for a few seconds, im thinking this may be its purpose.

Hmm I really doubt it,I doubt it had any real signifigance. I actually thought it was just a cool ending scene and was well done, doubt we'll see any storylines follow up on it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Just watched it there in work...

Rick is a bad ass at last :cool:
    I'm hooked again.:D

• Advertisement

Okay, so the blooper is
    when one of the dead Zombies is lifted off the ground to be thrown on the bed of the truck you see her upper arm which is devoid of make up and is alive and pink looking while the rest looks grey and dead
    Those two other fellas were feral, I don't think you can trust anyone at all unless alone and desperte.

To me, the ending was a reminder of what the world is now, zombie clearing is as common as house keeping

Advertisement