Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'd never have spotted that, nice one :)

agree with you on point two!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Looks like we'll finally find out what Jenner whispered to Rick:

http://news.yahoo.com/walking-dead-star-mum-shows-main-mystery-231622918.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Interesting, I guess since everyone now knows Ricks wife is pregnant the secret will be (potential spoiler)
    that everyone as the virus so anyone who dies for any reason can come back

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm afraid to read spoilers now, even though I'm right there with the US run of the show I'm afraid of reading comic book spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm afraid to read spoilers now, even though I'm right there with the US run of the show I'm afraid of reading comic book spoilers.

Ah there no harm,even if you did accidentally read the comic spoilers I wouldnt worry, the show and comic are so unrecogniseably different I'd say what you read only has about a 30-40 % percent of even happening, and even at that itll still be done somewhat differently on the show.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

2732289_460s.jpg

While Lori is an idiot...that dudes hair has me cracking up. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Looks like we'll finally find out what Jenner whispered to Rick:

http://news.yahoo.com/walking-dead-star-mum-shows-main-mystery-231622918.html

The most important question coming from that page is in the comments and goes something like:

"why, in the entire state of Georgia, can nobody find a single AR-15?!" :pac:

Good question ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

really great episode tonight. i am curious who the 2 thugs were with, they said they were with more people...if its the comic, i can guess where they are from...

altho to be fair, the big guy looks like he wasnt short of burgers during the zombie outbreak...

Lemming wrote: »
    The most important question coming from that page is in the comments and goes something like:

"why, in the entire state of Georgia, can nobody find a single AR-15?!" :pac:

Good question ...

up all night with an armalyte!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Who is the dude with the mental hair?? I've seen his picture/meme on YLYL

Really looking forward to seeing the episode on Sunday, will try not to read any of the spoilers in the meantime!!!

These mid season breaks suck so badly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Had all the things that were going wrong at the end of the last 1/2 season in spades.
    One zombie killed in the whole episode! (and that was a leftover from the last one really). Lori is ridiculous at this stage. The two drifter guys... I mean why did the guy take out the pistol, then put it away, then go for it when Rick was all set to shoot him? No sense whatsoever to it.
    They need to get on the road ASAP. The lack of real action is making all the inexplicable "emotional" stuff look ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Ms Happy wrote: »
    Who is the dude with the mental hair?? I've seen his picture/meme on YLYL

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ancient-aliens

---

Really enjoyed that episode. Especially the bar scene. Can't imagine what was going through Lori's head though.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    The two drifter guys... I mean why did the guy take out the pistol, then put it away, then go for it when Rick was all set to shoot him? No sense whatsoever to it.

I saw it as a form of a threat from the guy...like an "I'm not somebody to mess with" sort of thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I saw it as a form of a threat from the guy...like an "I'm not somebody to mess with" sort of thing.
    Fair attempt at an explanation, but he knew he was facing a cop with his hand resting on a .44 Magnum. If you want to kill someone who's clearly armed, best to do it without giving him too much warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Man, they really portray women quite badly in the show, don't they?

At least Andrea was the best shot in the comic.

That aside, I'm enjoying where the series is going, and loved what happened at the end of the previous show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

anyone get to see last nights episode yet? was a bit lame and nothing mush to note, although it does seem like they are building up to some kind of a show off against some other group. I think the whole epsiode could have been condensed into 20 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Well
    I was a bit edgy when they were trying to save the kid or chop his leg off, must be the knife thing... And Hershell finally said "walkers"

I've always liked Shane but he's getting a bit bonkers now.

Good on Carol

And after watching the preview, here comes Rick next week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

oh holy god next week looks sick! finally rick becomes who we want him to be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

FYI not spoiler tagging anything due to the thread title... beware.

Yeah wasn't real thrilled with last nights episode. The whole side/team-building stuff at the end felt really forced. I thought they could have done it a bit more incrementally. It really was already happening... I don't think it needed to be so blatantly spelled out.

The kid they saved w/ the bad leg is going to become a pawn in the Shane vs Rick competition I think and his group will come back into play for sure. Maybe the are from the location our survivors visit next? See my final comment. :p

Hershel - the man can handle a weapon. Wonder if there will be any more peeks into his past that gives details about that.

Glen - his turn to get mind****ed I guess. Typical "push her away for the good of the group", but it was a little too forced. Maybe just the actors portrayal of it.

Lori - man. They, the writers, are not doing her any favors. I don't mind the actress at all, but the character... I dunno. Her bit w/ Rick at the end was a little off.

Next week's looks great. Could anyone tell - were they at a prison? This would be from the special preview, during the show after WD was on, where Rick uses the knife instead of letting Shane use his gun. Thought it was heavily fenced and had a prison transfer bus of some kind but not sure.
    If so... oh boy. The comic series started to get real rough once they hit the prison. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

When they showed her passed out in the car, I was cheering on the zombie.
    EAT HER! BITE HER!
    Am i the only one?

Actually also was hoping that when glen took the pot shot at the back door of the barn, that somehow she had wandered into town and was going in :)

I really enjoyed this week's episode, but i'm not so sure about the end.

Was Lori manipulating Rick into a faceoff with Shane or was she doing the right thing finally?

I dont like what shane did with Otis, but.. It was the only way to get out of there, he took and he has to deal with the guilt. Thing is, he's a massive prick to Dale and he did consider (with dale witnessing) popping off a shot on Rick that time in the original camp too!

Herchell is turning out be more awesome than i'd thought he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Agree that it coulda been done in 20 minutes. That said, nice to see a bunch of zombies on the prowl and nice to see that Rick is beginning to man-up. At the end, Lori adopted a weird "devil on your shoulder" sort of persona that felt a little forced but was grand. Next week looks great.

At this point, I must say, someone needs to die. There are a lot of characters who now have pretty much no place cos they've been left in the background for so long. Dispatch a few, please. And, as always, I also agree that they need to get the fuck off the farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Was Lori manipulating Rick into a faceoff with Shane or was she doing the right thing finally?
    At the end, Lori adopted a weird "devil on your shoulder" sort of persona that felt a little forced but was grand.
    Agreed on both. Was thinking of that today. Is she really that scared of Shane, or is she just poisoning Rick so he will eventually get rid of Shane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Long hair is no good in a pre Zombie world!

Shame has fook all people skills, I love that H's crew aren't taking any crap from him. 'No cussing in the house' the most Patricia has got to say so far and Hershel 'This is my house'

Much more Zombie action in this episode. I though Rick would have shot the kid rather than take him back, bandage him up and send him on his way. What if the kid, Randall refuses since his so called friends left him for dead If Rick killed three than the other faction must be a sizeable enough number.

I really enjoyed Hershels line 'I shoot I just don't like doing it' He has a good shot. It was gas when Carl popped out behind Shame and was like pregnant? WTF. Also loved when Lori was like we hadn't the talk with Carl.

More development with Carol and Daryl. Carol seems to be the only one who seems concerned for him. The group is splitting into cliches of its own.

Poor Carol, I admired and felt sorry for her at the same time for that whole scene with Daryll.

Yep, she used her feminine mind tricks on him, which clearly worked from the look in his eyes. It looks like she's driving it to a head.

Long hair is no good in a pre Zombie world!

Shame has fook all people skills, I love that H's crew aren't taking any crap from him. 'No cussing in the house' the most Patricia has got to say so far and Hershel 'This is my house'

Much more Zombie action in this episode. I though Rick would have shot the kid rather than take him back, bandage him up and send him on his way. What if the kid, Randall refuses since his so called friends left him for dead If Rick killed three than the other faction must be a sizeable enough number.

I really enjoyed Hershels line 'I shoot I just don't like doing it' He has a good shot. It was gas when Carl popped out behind Shame and was like pregnant? WTF. Also loved when Lori was like we hadn't the talk with Carl.

More development with Carol and Daryl. Carol seems to be the only one who seems concerned for him. The group is splitting into cliches of its own.
    Ye I'm getting to really like hershel, loved his lines to shane something like ''havnt you done enough, rick may have talked me out of letting making you go but it doesnt mean I like it''I the shane gets embarrassed and leaves. And he was very brave at the bar and protected glenn.Hershel would be up there with my top fav characters, very complex and a great actor.:)

Poor Carol, I admired and felt sorry for her at the same time for that whole scene with Daryll.

Same, but I was really hoping carol would be less weak during that conversation and was really hoping shed come out with a really strong comeback, but she didnt , I suppose its more realistic. Daryls really mean recently, I felt really sorry for carol there, daryl was very cruel:(

• Advertisement

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Same, but I was really hoping carol would be less weak during that conversation and was really hoping shed come out with a really strong comeback, but she didnt , I suppose its more realistic. Daryls really mean recently, I felt really sorry for carol there, daryl was very cruel:(
    I assumed that was his male reaction to loosing the little girl as he'd become quite attached, even to the idea he'd find her as he said himself he put more effort than anyone into finding her.

Advertisement