Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

hershal knew and should be shot in the face.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

hershal knew and should be shot in the face.

Yah why dont they just shoot the rest of those people in the face too that have helped them over the last few weeks and given them a safe place to stay. REAL BRIGHT IDEA BUDDY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

some great news for comicbook fanboys! a certain very beloved but very badass comic book character will be appearing this season:D a worker playing a zombie in the tv show spilled the beans,careful its a big spoiler!the article- http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/12/walking-dead-episode-213-michonne.html
    im sure youll all be impressed ,would have been so sad if [/SPOILER]
    michonne
    didnt make an appearance:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

a great twist, i was getting tired of the Sophia thing, no way she would have survived in the wilderness that long even without zombies.

did anyone else notice...its not on again until 17 feb....feck, blast it, bugger...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Holy crap!

Just watched #7 and the ending was absolutely phenomenal! When Sophia walked out of the barn... :eek:

Easily my favourite episode in the entire series. It was five minutes before I could get up, I was so shocked. :pac:

Was kinda hoping Shane got eaten for putting the whole camp at risk like that but thats my only gripe. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

A lot of shane hate here! I quite like his character. He is a realist, he is not going to sacrifice himself for every single person in the group. But for Lori and Carl (maybe Andrea) he is putting himself on the line. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Daryl is a funking legend. The look on his face when sofia comes out of the barn....Dale is an idiot...hide the guns...yeah great idea?!?!?!

I see Maggie potentially coming into a leadership role. Firey strong and independent.

Best episode yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Firey strong and independent.

Thats not a leader thats a lone wolf.

Firey strong and independent.

The last time a character of that description tried to fill Rick's shoes, the entire camp was endangered by walkers storming out of the barn. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I dont think Hershall knew about sofia as when they captured the two walkers at the river there was a mention of it having been otis role to round up any of the walkers who got stuck in the quicksand. So I reckon Otis found Sofia in the hours before Carl got shot, he never mentioned it to anyone at the farm and none of Ricks group mentioned the missing girl to otis before he died as they were concentrating on sorting Carl out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Daisy M wrote: »
    I dont think Hershall knew about sofia as when they captured the two walkers at the river there was a mention of it having been otis role to round up any of the walkers who got stuck in the quicksand. So I reckon Otis found Sofia in the hours before Carl got shot, he never mentioned it to anyone at the farm and none of Ricks group mentioned the missing girl to otis before he died as they were concentrating on sorting Carl out.
    But the guy told Hershell that "it happened again". It may refer to Sophia, but yeah also any other walker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Thats not a leader thats a lone wolf.

Depends on what you want as a leader.

Firey = Tenacious, gets job done
    Strong= Speaks for itself
    Independent = Can Make important decisions and can stand by it without relying heavily on others

People like Martin Luther King, Churchill, Bonaparte, Patton can be considered all of the above. Also with ability to empathize, identify and communicate is necessary aswell/

Leadership does not always wear the harness of compromise!

So depends on what you as an individual want as a leader. I like bad a$$ inspirational types. As opposed to Dalai Lama types/

Daisy M wrote: »

Your probably right, Damn, And to think I would have just gone and Shot old Hershal in the mush without thinking it through. Sorry Hershal, But at least you didnt go to waste as we made Hershal burgers with your corpse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Depends on what you want as a leader.

Firey = Tenacious, gets job done
    Strong= Speaks for itself
    Independent = Can Make important decisions and can stand by it without relying heavily on others

People like Martin Luther King, Churchill, Bonaparte, Patton can be considered all of the above. Also with ability to empathize, identify and communicate is necessary aswell/

Leadership does not always wear the harness of compromise!

So depends on what you as an individual want as a leader. I like bad a$$ inspirational types. As opposed to Dalai Lama types/

For survival in this situation though you want someone who thinks clearly and puts the group first. Fiery hot headedness is wreckless and would eventually get ye killed.

it also got him laid..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I think when Sophia walked out everyone in the group came to understand why Hershal couldnt kill his zombified family and friends. No one was willing to shoot her. I loved that it was Rick who had to step forward draw his python and put her down. It just showed he was the only worthy leader of the group, he took the shot no one else was willing to.

I love shane too. I think shooting Otis was the right thing to do. He gave Otis the oppertunity to leave him behind. If i was in that situation I'd be thinking of my own survival and Carl's. It would be different it was a group member with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

This season better start improving or I fear this show will be cancelled.

Get off the damn boring farm, which seems to be the only safe haven in the world, introduce a hell of a lot more zombies and more tricky situations...

Come on walking dead - season one rocked, pull up your socks and nail the rest of season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Keyzer wrote: »
    This season better start improving or I fear this show will be cancelled.

Get off the damn boring farm, which seems to be the only safe haven in the world, introduce a hell of a lot more zombies and more tricky situations...

Come on walking dead - season one rocked, pull up your socks and nail the rest of season 2.

God damn, just seen its off air until Feb 12th...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LadyHeart

LOVE this show so much!! Am gutted its not on til February!

Was completely shocked when Sophia came out of the barn, I shed a tear or two. Never took much notice of her before that but it was very sad.

I like Carol & Daryl's relationship, don't think I'd like it if they got together tho but you never know! Daryl has to be the sexiest redneck EVER!!! With that ear necklace round his neck (swoon!! -I'm a freak!) Got the fright of my life when he was hallucinating about his bro and wakes up to a walker at his leg, I thought he was f*cked but thankfully not!! He's my favorite on the show!

I love the new Shane, although he can be a bit wreckless he was right to kill the walkers in the barn. Can't believe how ok Rick was with the fact that Lorey was banging Shane and does he realise the baby might not be his? The thoughts of having a baby in that world would be terrifying, where a cry could get them all killed.

I cant believe Hershall let them go out and risk their lives every day to find a little girl who was zombified in the barn so I would hope that Otis put her in there before he shot Karl and Hershall didn't know she was in there.

The rest of the characters kinda annoy me, Dale is ok but needs to realise blondie isn'this daughter. Glenn needs to grow some balls.

I want them to get off that farm, which I reckon they will do now after the barn incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

This is one of the best tv shows made in years imo. For those constantly giving out saying more zombies and more action needed.. it would ruin the show! Think of the likes of 'Land of the Dead' and most other modern zombie films and you'll see how quickly you become desensitised to seeing zombies.

The beauty of The Walking Dead is that there is a constant sense of fear and dread; you don't know when walkers will appear e.g. the 'herd' in the first episode of season 2

Suspense is the whole point. Throw in 100's of zombies and it just becomes any other sh1te b-movie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

LadyHeart wrote: »
    LOVE this show so much!! Am gutted its not on til February!

I don't mind... it's better than the wait we had to endure from season 1

• Advertisement

:eek:can you all be this is the same girl who plays maggie in the walking dead.These are pics of her in her role in supernatural.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRphE4z7IggTul1cUgUwFlJOMGH-DHLT7EnBjwRxIzLYLKELzUb9Q

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxXfABgSBoKPKgZNahQu4zLAky5-xucFrCCpTPo7ETJ0Xdx-6lhw

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsul0udm-ToCTqQHXbfd08pNUer-6fgIKzaOtsmSyqknJmHQ_Z

she looks like a completely different person to when she play maggie on twd!

getting withdrawal symptoms now! think this sunday will be the 4th sunday without twd. oh well only 60 days exactly til feb 12 and the holidays will shorten the wait:) week and a bit til xmas, then 2 weeks of holidays, maybe well get loads of snow this year in jan like 09/10 and well get some days off school and work for that, then thats nearly half the wait over, then just about a month til the second half of season.:D

bb1234567 wrote: »
    :eek:can you all be this is the same girl who plays maggie in the walking dead.These are pics of her in her role in supernatural.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRphE4z7IggTul1cUgUwFlJOMGH-DHLT7EnBjwRxIzLYLKELzUb9Q

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxXfABgSBoKPKgZNahQu4zLAky5-xucFrCCpTPo7ETJ0Xdx-6lhw

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsul0udm-ToCTqQHXbfd08pNUer-6fgIKzaOtsmSyqknJmHQ_Z

she looks like a completely different person to when she play maggie on twd!

She was hotter methinks in Van Wilder 2, The rise of taj....

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Any one know where i can get the comics online. Going to be doing very little over the next 2 weeks at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That links been posted in this forum somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

I ordered all the comics from amazon. You can buy them per volume which is made up of about 5 monthly issues. Volume 15 just out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Just finished compendium 1,

I really don't understand why people say it's moving too slow,

The comics are monthly i breezed through the book in a day,

But there is about 4 seasons worth of stuff in that,

You have to allow for character development,

Wonder what way they'll go with the TV show now as it has deviated a bit from the comic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Just watched every episode up until the Winter break.

Season 1 is simply amazing. Not a single dull moment. Constant action and adrenaline. Season 2 has dragged far too much. The first 7 episodes were all about finding a little girl with a gunshot and some shelter thrown in. Season 1 had Rick awakening from his coma, finding out what had happened to the world, learning to deal with it, looking for his family, finding his family, setting off to look for the cure or answers, finding it, sh!t hitting the fan, and back to square one again. All that in 6 episodes!

I have fallen in love with the show but if they don't start pulling their socks up and making it more about the survival and action which compelled us in season 1, rather than give us some b.s love story and a pregnancy right out of Eastenders, then it's gonna go the same way as the only other American show I've loved before, Prison Break and get worse every season until it becomes a chore to watch.

Get off the ****ing farm and back on the road looking for answers. Have Rick man up about finding out his best mate has been riding his missus and do something about it, bring back Daryl's brother, have Lory have a miscarriage or something because a pregnancy will be very, very boring as the months progress, bring back Rick's mate from the first episode and show us how's he getting on, and make it more an action/horror than a drama with a few zombies thrown in.

Oh btw, has anyone heard what Rick sounds like in real life? Hard to take him seriously as the bad ass, sheriff who's a lead in a zombie tv show after you hear him in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

glenjamin wrote: »

Oh btw, has anyone heard what Rick sounds like in real life? Hard to take him seriously as the bad ass, sheriff who's a lead in a zombie tv show after you hear him in real life.
    I have a vague memory of what he sounded like in this life and after reading your post I am going to turn off any interviews he is in I dont want my idea of Rick spoiled. This happened when I heard an interview with the actor who played sayid in lost. I couldnt match his soldier caracter with reality ha ha.

As for lore I cant see why she was cast in this or prison break for that matter. There is no sexual chemistry between her and either of her men she is like a wet fish.

• Advertisement

glenjamin wrote: »
    Get off the ****ing farm

After the incident with Shane, the barn and several firearms, I can't imagine they'll be staying. :P

Advertisement