Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

On Fridays at 10 and 11 pm, repeated on Sundays at 9PM.

Wha?

Is that for Ireland or US?

I've seen it every Monday morning since it started so it has to be Sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

liah wrote: »
    Wha?

Is that for Ireland or US?

I've seen it every Monday morning since it started so it has to be Sundays?

It started in the US on a Sunday and started the following Friday in Ireland/UK, so we are just a few days behind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Just watched Eps 1-5 Feppin Excellent, Some interestin Character development, and some gritty Z Smooshin scences.

The Zombies seem a bit Odd, not only do they Chase Food, in the abscence of anything to stimulate their senses they just seem to lie down dead, like when Grant went for the bag of Guns as he went down the street the Z's in the Cars seemed to Wake up and begin following him, so that could explain where they all go, in the absence of Stuimulants the Z slows to a Dead stop and waits for its next victim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

*campervan breaks down*
    "Yeah, I needed the parts from that van. Only thing holding her together is duct tape, and I'm all out"
    *drops Jim by the tree*
    *campervan drives off*

Lolwut?

Yeah, I was thinkin about that meself, but I let em off withj it cos I figured the Motor would have had a bit of time to cool down ;)

Anyone else think that they're gonna have to go back and Get Jim as he's the ''Freshest'' Zombie available for research

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Thats exactly what I said when he was saying about the fresh samples... They deffo will although then there will be the contraversie of not killing him

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I was thinking the'fresh samples' were from a normal brain, thats why the doc said something like 'go away, please dont come in here'. He knew if they came in he would have to kill them for their brains!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

freshly bitten samples maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Healium wrote: »
    *campervan breaks down*
    "Yeah, I needed the parts from that van. Only thing holding her together is duct tape, and I'm all out"
    *drops Jim by the tree*
    *campervan drives off*

Lolwut?

Capervan breaks down
    Duct tape blah blah blah
    *****Shane looks thru his binoculars and sees a building ahead says it looks like a garage hes going ahead to check it out*****
    drop Jim by the tree
    Drive off

Keep up children:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

ladypip wrote: »
    Capervan breaks down
    Duct tape blah blah blah
    *****Shane looks thru his binoculars and sees a building ahead says it looks like a garage hes going ahead to check it out*****
    drop Jim by the tree
    Drive off

Keep up children:D
    I know that, but I never saw him leave and it was all very rushed :p

Also, the finale was great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Healium wrote: »
    I know that, but I never saw him leave and it was all very rushed :p

Also, the finale was great!

Seriously they aren't going to spell everything out for you.

Agreed the finale was fantastic left me hungry for next season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

another ****ing ****e wait to see 12 episodes of zombie awesomness :( october i read somewhere is when the new series is to air

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Yeah all reports say nothing until next Halloween.

It should be interesting - at least for the next batch they can be more focused and don't have to worry about if it'll get picked up again.

Since Darabont fired the whole writing staff I wonder if the flavor will change at all. I'm guessing not since he's, at the very least, co-wrote every episode so far, I think anyway.

Episode 6 was good but I was hoping for a bit more I guess.

Not a Lost fan but this is interesting: http://i.imgur.com/InlEp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Just saw ep 6 (btw is that the last episode in this series?) Always wrecks the head in Zombie / Horror films when they decide to run by some juicy opportunities to pick up some weapons. That appeared in plentiful supply on the way up to the CDC.

Rick was willing to walk through a massive city of undead to get a bag of guns but not willing to divert a few meters to pick up a few assault rifles. Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

I think with going into the City they were sneaking in and the Zombies wouldn't notice, for a while at least. When they left the CDC it friggin exploded and would attract every Zombie in the area to that place. If it were me, I wouldn't take any chances hanging around to grab some guns that you would probably not find ammo for anywhere.

Or a honey badger, considering the camper was about to go

The thing that Jenner whispered to Rick near the end; anyone think maybe there was something zombie-esque in Rick's blood sample??? Maybe he's carrying some sort of immunity or cure or something... He did have a fever at the start, and Shane swore he didn't have a heart beat at the hospital. I know the fever could have been due to his unchanged bandage causing infection and Shane might have been temporarily unable to hear because of the gunfire but you never know...?

Thats an excellent theory, you mean because jenner did a blood test?

It would make sense, becaue I was wondering why he said that about the heartbeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

AndyKiely wrote: »
    I think with going into the City they were sneaking in and the Zombies wouldn't notice, for a while at least. When they left the CDC it friggin exploded and would attract every Zombie in the area to that place. If it were me, I wouldn't take any chances hanging around to grab some guns that you would probably not find ammo for anywhere.

Was talking about on the way into the CDC (pre-explosion) when it was all really quiet and they first stumble across the blockade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I liked the ending over all, until it went to the thoughtful place "Our world runs on fossil fuels,funny?" that only romero can pull off well.

Also,did it really need the michael-baysplosion? I wonder if they'll acknowledge the fact that every zombie within 10 miles heard that building explode and a shítstorm should be soon to follow.

I doubt the rick's immunity theory, it shows in shane's flashback tha although basic rick was never in contact with zeds while in the coma,so he should be just like everyone else in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭messymess

Yeah, I'm dying to know what was whispered! My initial thought was that there was cctv in the area that his misses was in when she scraped shanes face and he was just letting him know what the score was!?

I thought the way the grenade from the second show turned up again to get them out of the building was cool :)

Can't wait for the 2nd season now ... when when when!??

I doubt the rick's immunity theory, it shows in shane's flashback tha although basic rick was never in contact with zeds while in the coma,so he should be just like everyone else in that regard.

Oh yeah there's loads of holes in the theory, just thought I'd throw it out there.
    messymess wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm dying to know what was whispered! My initial thought was that there was cctv in the area that his misses was in when she scraped shanes face and he was just letting him know what the score was!?

Actually yeah that makes far more sense!

I had assumed from Jenner's namesake that he'd be a lasting character, find a cure and all that, so now he's out of the picture I was trying to think of anything he could have left behind that would be useful. (His name's Edwin Jenner, and Edward Jenner was an 18th century doctor who invented the first vaccine and discovered a way of making people immune to smallpox). He must have some lasting contribution...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I think he told him that his wife is up the duff.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

JJayoo wrote: »
    I think he told him that his wife is up the duff.

Was thinking that myself when he whispered in Ricks ear. Shane and Lori up to hanky panky in the woods you know!?

There is no better sex then Zombie Apocalypse sex in my opinion ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

yeah that theory makes sense alright!

Well that was a Bit Odd, I can understand Jenner Quietly accepting his Fate but the way the other chicks just decided to quit, that was Odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

Yeah +1 for the pregnancy theory. I think she is pregnant with Shanes child.....will cause even more friction as Shane wanted to be a "Dad" figure with Carl anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

According to the comic.... that would be correct. :)

Anyone else interested to see who the Governor is??? I vote Merle...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i really like the idea of him having the cure...but i think if jenner found that out he would have had a reason to live and leave with them. after all he would be fulfilling his dead wifes dream etc etc etc

its more likely to be a pregnancy i think...

its a great series, really well done. cant want for the next season.

i do have a question? did he see a chopper when he first entered atlanta or was it his mind playing tricks?

• Advertisement

Good Question, but the Mearle<sp?> the Redneck with the Rifle was on the Roof So if the Chopper had been real then surely he would have seen it too.

Advertisement