Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Dear 2017,

You were the toughest, most painful year of my life and I am glad to see the back of you. I can't wait to be rid of you and all you brought me this year.

While you brought me one good thing, all the bad you brought outweighs the good.

Dear Cancer,

Thanks for showing me strength I never knew I had, thanks for helping me shape into the person I am now, but most of all, thanks for showing me that I have the ability to beat you. I was so very glad that this year I kicked your ass and if you come back, I will kick it again.

I swore I wouldn't let you beat me or kill me, and I didn't. I am so very proud of that.

Onwards and upwards.

Happy New Year to all you ladies. I hope 2018 is a happy and healthy year for you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Ugh, shouldn't have kissed you and both mortified and glad that I did.
    You kissed me back a second time. What were you thinking, or were you thinking at all?
    We are such a mismatch but my god that kiss...
    Did you feel the same?
    I'll never know.
    Still, nice to have the butterflies again even if they will lead us both nowhere. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Sickness viral and bacteria would you ever just leave my little girl alone.. She's had enough st this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear Z,
    I found a message I wrote to you 2 years ago and so much has changed since then. I gave you so many chances to change things between us but rather than realise all I had to offer you went off and met the so called love of your life.
    I am sure she was delighted to get pregnant within 4 months of meeting you. Once she got this good news she moved into you house. I know she has not gone back to work yet but then why would she with the cost of childcare. Your now supporting you, her, the baby and her family back where she came from.

I saw some photos of you recently. I have to say that your now huge. I know your tall man but when your 27 stone it is time to do something about this. The truth is you need to lose at least 7 stone otherwise your going to have a stroke or a heart attack. If your lucky you might see your child starting primary school but you will be dead before they are in secondary school.
    One of my friends saw you a few months ago and they said to me your a heart attack waiting to happen.

Does the love of your life not say anything to you about your weight? Is she not worried about you espically when you have a child together? Is she not worried what will happen to her or the child if you get a stoke or drop dead from a heart attack? My feeling this that she is waiting for you to die so she can get your house and what ever cash you have.
    Do you know what you selfish pair deserve each other.

I can remember some of the nasty things you said to me. I never deserved this after all of the times I was their for you over the long number of years we were friends. Yes I wanted a chance to have a relationship with you but you decided you did not want this. Along with this you went bad mouthing me to people we both knew. It is a pity I never got a chance to tell a few people what you said about them.

I am glad now that I never got into a relationship with you as over time I saw just what type of man you really are. I think now that you were always told how wonderful you are. You wanted a little woman to come along just like your mother who would keep telling you this. You rushed into so called relationships and never learned from past mistakes. You did not like been on your own when most of your friends were living with partners, were married or had children.
    Instead of taking advice you ignored what several people said to you over the years as you though you knew it all. Once you met the "love of your life" she found out what you had and decided to get pregnant as quick as possible to secure her future. What woman would get chose to get pregnant within 4 months of meeting someone of your size unless it was of benefit to her?

I am not saying my own life is perfect, it not but at least I had the ability to listen to good advice over the years. I walked away from a few men who I realised were bad news. I lost weight and got fit before I had health issues. I started to stand up for myself more. I learned a lot in the past few years and I have put this to good use.
    I won't say my life is perfect but I am working to improve things for myself and I know by the end of this year I will be in a better place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

You kicked me when I was down and in in a very low, vulnerable place. I know you were scared. I know pressure was being put on you from management and you took it out on me. I know we all make mistakes, it's how we address them that counts. I've been kind, generous, extended enough olive branches to you to fill an orchard and in return I've received lies, obfuscation and an unwillingness to even admit that anything has gone wrong. You have even attenpted to alter minutes of meetings that cast you in a bad light. You have lied to management and claimed to have apologised to me when we both know that you did not.

I'm about to make a formal complaint about you, which I have given you every chance to avoid. You have refused to meet me to resolve this. You know how much this has upset me. Ultimately I have no other option for support from the service but you. You have ceased contact with me.

In an ideal world you would lose your job but we all know that won't happen. Sometime many years ago you chose this career because you wanted to help people. What would that young idealistic person think of who you have become?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I miss you so much. I miss you by my side in my life. There's still an emptiness where you used to be.

R

I had a dream last night and you were in it. I can't remember what happened but I remember you were so angry at me.
    I often wonder who knows about what has happened in the past 6 months. Do you know? Are you angry? Do I care?

Dear___,

Why wasn't I good enough?

And why do I care? I ask myself that time and time again.

You make me feel worthless.

As usual, you made me feel entirely worthless and unworthy. Why do I always second guess myself with you? Today you could be all about me, tomorrow maybe not. I might not hear from you for a week, two weeks, sometimes more. Always with an excuse, that's plainly insulting to me. I criticise myself time and time again. I wonder what have I done to upset you now? Or have I bored you? God forbid. I'm so sick of the games and feeling like I'm being taken for granted. Used. Looked over when something new grabs your eye. Bottom of your list. And stupidly, whenever I pull away, there you are. It's such childish BS. I'm fed up and I hate myself for constantly being reeled back in. Worst still, you're not even a catch. I'm a no hoper. I really am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

S

It's nights like tonight when I wish you were here with me; wish I could pick up the phone and ask to come over.

But that will never be. And I kind of hate you a little for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Dear You,

I have never opened up to anyone the way I have with you. I keep telling myself I need to stop because I am falling for you and I don't want to get hurt and then I see you and I ignore what my head says.
    Back when we first met and you went away I was really upset at thought of never seeing you again and now your back and I can't stop thinking about you.

Nobody gets me the way you do. Please don't break my heart.

Me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

I miss you. I miss the 'me' I was with you. I miss trusting myself to leave the house without having a moment of deep sadness, of tears. I miss your arms, your smile. I miss having a home in this maddening city.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

3 years on and it doesn’t get easier.

I’ll never forget the lead up. The passing out. The bed collapsing. The champagne, vodka and jack daniels for brunch. The mental torture I endured when deciding whether to stay or to go. The decision being taken out of my hands when you lost your battle. The look of serenity on your face when your pain was gone.

I’ll never forget the journey home. The last goodbye. Knowing that there would never be another smile. Sitting on the airplane is the loneliest I have ever felt. Silent tears.

I hope I have made you proud.

I miss you and I love you.

I have spent my whole life trying to please you but no matter what I do it is never enough. We both know you could have helped me at different times but you sat back and did as little as possible.
    A few years ago you made a few promises to me. I believed what you told me back then so I made the changes in my life you suggested.

He I am now a few years later with none of your promises kept. Do you have any idea what my life has been like over the past few years? A few years ago I asked you for money and you lied to me then saying you had no money. I then found out you sorted out a large sum of money for C. Then their was the the day you told me every so nicely that the main promise you made to me was not going to happen. You then had the neck to tell me I was better off not having this.

In effect I have put my life on hold for you over the past few years and for what? To be left on my own with nothing. I lost x due to your lack of help. Do you think it was easy when things went wrong between me and him? Did you not notice at all how I reacted when you asked me about him? It took me a long time to get over the pain I went through then.

As for what you suggested a few months ago, I agreed with you then as I saw the potential it had to offer me. I have not put in all the work for this to happen unless it benefits me in some way. I can't believe that you would expect me to do this and take a financial hit in the process. Do you honestly think I am that stupid?
    I am just waiting until this is sorted out and then I will let you and S know what I want.
    Unless I get what I want I am not doing what you suggested.

Imagine how I felt when I saw what I did a few days ago. As for what you said to me a few weeks ago you need to have a good look at yourself. The truth is you are a mean, selfish person who only cares about number one - you. You have lied to me several times and you have finally been caught doing this.
    You were in a position to help me out instead you sat back and did nothing. The truth is I know a lot of things that you don't want certain people to know. I could say the wrong thing to the wrong person and leave you to deal with the fall out.

I won't forget your lack of help, along with the nasty things you said and did to me over the past few years. You can take the bad decisions you made in your life and deal with them. It is not my fault your life ended up the way it did. You can stop taking your bad form out on me as I am no longer putting up with it.
    I deserve far more than the abuse, lies ect that I have taken over the past few years from you and other people.
    It is time you knew that my days of being lied to, taking abuse over the smallest thing, being let down or all the times you just forgot certain things are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Please please please hold on. Please. We want to see you again. So sorry you’re going through this crap. You deserve a happy future. Love you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Dear Mother,
    Never once did you ever tell us that you loved us, you didn't praise us when we did well or wipe away our tears. You let him hurt your own children. As a teenager I was angry with you but it got me nowhere then I felt pity for you. When I had my son I fell so deeply in love with him and I thought to myself if someone lay one finger on him I would make them f***king pay. I lost whatever pity I had for you and replaced it with a cold apathy towards you.
    It is getting harder to ignore how much our childhood has messed L up. She is so afraid of being like you that she has decided not to have children because she thinks she wouldn't be able to love them. She is so angry I am afraid for her. Afraid she will never be able to be happy because she can't let go of that anger she has towards you. You of course remain oblivious to her pain.

F**k you

You were right. I am more innocent than you. I've never met a lesser man that thinks so highly of themself.

Thankyou for showing me how inconciderate, selfish, manipulative, disgusting, intentionally hurtful, shallow, emotionally abusive, nasty, passive aggressive, cowardly, juvenile, attention seeking, lacking in substance and self absorbed someone can be. Im very lucky that I haven't met many other people like that. You are a liar and a low life scumbag that treats women badly to make yourself feel better, a covert little bully. Mix that with the nice public image that you put on and you are like a bad pantomime. It's embarrassing.

Was is Judy Blume who wrote a book called Are you there God? It's me Margaret.
    Well are you there God? It's me Persepoly.

I don't believe in your existence but I need a bit of guidance, someone to come and tell me what I need to do. When I was much younger I thought life would be a big exciting journey with events and people all linked together. In a way it is but I had no idea of the turmoil or the thinking or sweet Jesus the feeling. All of the feelings every minute of the day. Right now it's the usual underlying fear with a dollop of ok-ness on top. Move beneath the fear and you'll find anger, dig a bit more and you have sadness. I'm ok with that. They are there each vying for attention and sometimes I give it.

I'm rambling God. Rambling in my words and maybe even my life. It's time for action isn't it? I'm very fond of hiding under the metaphorical (sometimes literal) duvet. That would be the fear. So if you can I don't know send me some instructions or exist for me, give me something to believe in that is solid and won't disintegrate between my fingers like so much else.
    I would be really very grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear universe, world,

if you could tell me what to do I'd be grateful :)

From ATC

Dear Universe/God/Whatever Higher Power that may exist:

Thank you for removing person x from my life! Really, it was most unexpected and I'm SO grateful. I know this is a really big ask but could you send me a replacement who has a little more common sense and compassion?

And while you are at it is there any chance you could knock some sense into person y?

I have been going through a lot over the past few months due a few personal issues.
    When I read the letter that was sent to me I just sat their wondering what I did I do to keep having things go wrong/badly over the past few months. I have gone through some bad patches in my life and I have always bounced back. At this stage I feel that my get up and go has just got up and left.

I have just reached my limit of having enough of dealing with one problem after another. Here was another thing I had to sort out as soon as possible otherwise I would have been left in a really bad situation.

I want to say thanks for all your help today. I was not the easy person to sort out but you answered my questions, sorted out forms ect. I feel for the first time in weeks that their is some light at the end of the tunnel. I know people in your job/situation sometimes get a lot of bad press but your one of the good ones.
    So thanks for your help as your the first person who gave me some much needed support in months.

• Advertisement

I got a letter in the post and I after I read it I knew I needed a lift to y to sort it out.
    I though about ringing you and asking for help. I knew you would not be available or would just asked me a load of questions. I then would have to listen to you moaning and giving out to me again.
    I asked n to give me a lift to y.

After chatting to n I found out you never told them about what happened to me recently. Do you know what at this stage I have no respect left for you. I am sick of you lecturing me, moaning to me about the smallest thing and lying. I know you have been lying to me about x and I now have prof of this.

You have no idea of all I had to deal with over the past few months. A few weeks ago I told you about one thing that was happening to me and your suggestion then was just to fob me off. I know that over the past few years you could have helped me but you sat back and did nothing. The only person you care about is yourself.
    I cant' wait to have a few things sorted out and I am going to confront you about a few things then.
    Your days of treating me badly and lying to me are over.

I already have a plan regarding what you asked me to do. I wont be doing this unless this arrangement benefits me. In fact you should have never asked me to do this but unlike you I can see it has far better benefit for me if I get what I want.
    In time you will find out that what you did in the past has a nasty way of coming back at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭flowerchild

Dear x

I am concerned for you. Are you ok?

Thinking of you.

FC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

To every pig that has ever DM'd me online after midnight

I do not find it flattering when you compare me to an experience you have always wanted to try - I am not a parachute and this ain't no sky-diving lesson.

I do not find it endearing when you tell me I look better than most "real women". Are you really that ****ing ignorant?

I am not some consolation prize that you might consider only when stupid drunk and going home alone again after another failed night on the town. Stop drunk texting me at 3am. I deserve better than some creep hiding his attraction to me out of shame.

And for the already engaged: Telling me you're married but you've always wondered does not make you the decent person you seem to thing it does.

And to all: No profile picture? No ****ing chance!

Cowardly Dip****s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Why oh why did u bother with Me? I'm quite delicate and I think you have managed to shader me into pieces.

Dear Universe/God/Higher Power

Further to my message of 25/01 above I have just learned that you have indeed chosen to also remove person y from my life.

Or the first time in months I can actually beathe without a large knot of anxiety constricting my chest. I suspect I might even have a full night's sleep tonight.

Thank you!

I know it was your birthday over the past few days. I was going to send you a card but I figured you would not get it as your girlfriend would open it, see it was from me and dump it.
    Also I don't want you to think I am chasing you.
    Believe me I have no more feelings for you in that regard. A few years ago you told me that I lacked confidence. What I told you then you made little of and you had no idea how it hurt me. You should have though before you spoke and realised maybe there was some reason behind what I said to you then.

I asked you to meet me one day but you came up with a load of excuses not to meet me. I had some good news to tell you and I was willing to give you a final chance to change things between us. Instead you ignored me and look at the situation you are in now.

I am not going to insult your girlfriend but you should have been more careful. You have the baby you always wanted now but I don't think you and her are happy. Rushing into to having a baby with a woman you barely knew a few months was not a good idea.

I saw photos of you on fb. The last few years have not been kind to you. You look older than your age, your skin is gray and you don't look healthy. I could see in one of the photos you have put on at least 2 stone since I last saw you. Someone we both know saw you recently. They told me that your a heart attack waiting to happen. I also heard that you have some health issues. I know that losing weight would improve them so why have you done nothing about this? Even with a baby and partner dependent on you, your still not willing to make any changes to your life.

I know now how lucky I was that you decided I was not good enough to go out with you.
    What you said to me back then was mean and nasty but looking back it started a period of change in my life.

I lost weight. I joined a gym and made new friends. My life is not prefect but who's life is but I don't have health issues. I can wear nice clothes. I look and feel a lot better than I did a few years ago.

I just hope that you soon realise that you need to make changes in your life. You need to lose a few stone other wise your not going to see your baby grow up.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dear baby,

GTFO.

Love, me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I have thought about ending it all. You have done this to me. You took away my life. You took away my childhood. Years of my life are erased in my mind because I've had to block out all that you did. I hate the memories that I have been left with. All the horrible ones.
    I can barely remember those happy trips to the beach with Dad, eating chips with bits of sand on them and on the way home, Dad freewheeling the Renault 5 down the hill, turning the steering wheel so we were weaving all over the road, laughing our heads off. That was before you started abusing me. Those were happy safe days, away from our psychotic mother.
    So what if Dad brought us into the pub on the way home and he had 2 pints (it was probably a lot more but he could hide his drunkenness well). He bought us dinner and fizzy drinks and crisps because he knew our mother wouldn't feed us.
    Then we'd get home and our mother would beat the shit out of us and scream and roar for the whole evening, sucking away the happy memory of the day like a dementor, because we had gone somewhere and experienced some life and she DIDN'T WANT THAT.
    It must be why you and her get on so well, you have both sucked nearly all of my happy memories away.

Our Dad was an alcoholic and he escaped into drink. I think it was his coping mechanism. Our mother was and is psychotic. Do I blame him for leaving us with her? Not really. She used to go fucking ballistic if he brought us anywhere, she used to go fucking ballistic if we went anywhere! What else could he do?

I am often confused about my feelings for you Dad. I loved you so much when we were children. It's funny that you were the alcoholic and from the outside looking in, people assumed you were the badness, you were the problem but you weren't, it was that psychotic bitch. Now, I sometimes find myself hating you, why didn't you do more to get me and I away from her. I suppose you weren't equipped with those kind of skills, the skills to understand what was really going on in that house. Sure where would you bring us? Well, you could have kicked that psycho out of the house (I think it is actually your house). Why didn't you do that? It would have been you, me and I together. You could have kicked out that psycho and our brother. Imagine how good life would have been...

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dear baby,

We got an awful fright on Thursday evening. You did everything possible to resist your eviction, it took 3 days and a rake of pharmaceuticals
    to get mummy into labour in the first place and even getting that left shoulder a bit caught on the way out! We did see though why you weren't too happy in there, that tight true knot in your cord can't have been too much fun.

We're so glad though that you're out with us and cute as a button - and mostly healthy even if we'll be in hospital for another few days. Your big bro loves you too really, it's just that 22 month olds have a funny way of showing it!

• Advertisement

W

You showed me what it is to truly care for someone. You reminded me what it is to have that spark with another person, that spark that lights up your whole entire world everytime you see them.

You're not broken. I promise you. You just need to keep going and get through. Just keep getting through.

And when you do, I'll be here. And until you do, I'll be here. Even if that spark dies out between now and then. Because sometimes, the best of lovers can become the best of friends. And sometimes, that's what they were always meant to be.

I love you dearly.

Be well.

Advertisement