Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital USB 2.0 DVB-T HDTV TV Tuner Recorder & Receiver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

frequencies are here... three rock is 738000khz
    not sure what bandwidth settings would be
    http://www.mpeg4ireland.com/dtt-muxes

For what it is worth I also managed to get the USB Dongle to work with VLC.

The frequency I used in VLC for the Greystones Transmitter is 722000 and the Bandwidth was 8.

It is definitely a smoother reception than the BlazeTV software but a bit less user friendly with less features.

BTW - the remote control I got with the unit doesn't appear to work with it. The remote is working ok as it changes the channels on my ipod dock radio but it does nothing for the USB dongle - anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Jimmyboss wrote: »
    What is the frequency and bandwidth for Saorview mas e do thoil e ?

Depends on the transmitter, if you have blaze installed right click on a channel and open properties the bandwidth and channel frequency is listed.

dvb dream works well too ..

http://www.dvbdream.org/

KetchupKid wrote: »
    Scout,

How did you connect the dongle to the roof aerial since the connectors are very different, much smaller on the dongle?

+1 on this query.

From what I can tell the aeriel connector is an MCX or MMCX type. I did a bit of research today and wasn't able to get an adaptor for this to a regular coax/F-Type connector. I tried Maplin and Peats at lunchtime but neither could help. I think it is possible to get MMCX plugs online which could be used to make an adaptor.

Anyone got an easier solution or know where I could get an MMCX to F-Type adaptor?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

patrickpc wrote: »
    +1 on this query.

From what I can tell the aeriel connector is an MCX or MMCX type. I did a bit of research today and wasn't able to get an adaptor for this to a regular coax/F-Type connector. I tried Maplin and Peats at lunchtime but neither could help. I think it is possible to get MMCX plugs online which could be used to make an adaptor.

Anyone got an easier solution or know where I could get an MMCX to F-Type adaptor?

Thanks.

I cannot get the thing to work at the moment (not convinced my dongle is alive), but I note that the small antennae that came with it unscrews at the base and leaves a small 5mm screw tip exposed. Maybe that tip could then be connected to a conventional coax cable and the signal would then pass from the UHF roof top aerial or rabbit ears and down the wire of the small antennae to the dongle ??

Worth a try anyway

Edit: Tried it and that actually works alright. Got a signal with a UHF rabbit ears, seems like the signal in my area is not strong enough to allow the small black aerial supplied to do the job. Did not have fitting shown in Spunj's post below but used one of those coax joiners like this http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1620 to connect rabbit ears to the tip of unscrewed part of the small black aerial.

Thing is that if you are not in a strong signal area you really need to have the aerial spot on before you do the scan with the blaze software. I have an Mpeg4 TV so was able to mess about to get the aerial in the right place before doing the scan. Also recommend doing a custom scan as its much faster. You can get the frequency for your area here http://www.mpeg4ireland.com/dtt-muxes

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

On mine, the aerial connector pops out and it came with a coaxial connector to pop into its place.

Here's a pic of the socket/ connector.

tv1.png

tv2.png

• Advertisement

Trevord wrote: »
    I cannot get the thing to work at the moment (not convinced my dongle is alive), but I note that the small antennae that came with it unscrews at the base and leaves a small 5mm screw tip exposed. Maybe that tip could then be connected to a conventional coax cable and the signal would then pass from the UHF roof top aerial or rabbit ears and down the wire of the small antennae to the dongle ??

Worth a try anyway

OK - I unscrewed the aeriel from the base as suggested and just pushed/screwed on a straight through standard TV coax female coupler and it worked perfectly. It's a fairly tight fit as well so it should be fine.

Thanks for the help.

Spunj wrote: »
    On mine, the aerial connector pops out and it came with a coaxial connector to pop into its place.

Here's a pic of the socket/ connector.

tv1.png

tv2.png

That looks just like what I was looking for- where did you order your USB Dongle from ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

I got mine off a HK seller.

I had a look at his store and didn't see any more for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I cannot get the thing to work at the moment (not convinced my dongle is alive),

This might be of no help but just in case you had the same problem I did...

Did you try running the driver directly from the driver folder on the cd rather than through the autorun that pops up with the blaze software when you put the cd in?
    The driver would not install from the autorun for me at all although it gave a "driver installed" message.

Ghost Train told me to try it the direct way and it was a success.

• Advertisement

This might be of no help but just in case you had the same problem I did...

Did you try running the driver directly from the driver folder on the cd rather than through the autorun that pops up with the blaze software when you put the cd in?
    The driver would not install from the autorun for me at all although it gave a "driver installed" message.

Ghost Train told me to try it the direct way and it was a success.

Thanks. I got it up an running in the end.

Great little toy for not much more than a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Anyone who bought one from ellieshang get theirs yet?
    I only ordered mine yesterday, although I got a dispatched email from ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Can you get stations from UPC with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

can we use the antenna which comes with this to connect to tv instead of receiver?
    i cannot get saorview channels with a internal antenna in maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 30,084 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

You'd probably be better getting a more standard tv antenna

Maplin do a basic set top one or if you look in terrestrial forum you'll see what's recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Can you get stations from UPC with this?

No this is only for Irish DTT...

You need a sub and a UPC box for UPC!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Ordered on the 1st and still no sign of it, emailed the seller and no reply either. Zero items listed for sale ....... looks like he done a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

dmeehan wrote: »
    I only ordered mine yesterday, although I got a dispatched email from ebay

dmeehan who did you order from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I ordered from ellieshang late on Tuesday, and it was dispatched yesterday. How long it'll take to arrive is anyone's guess.

'Twill be grand for watching the Champions League when SWMBO is watching the soaps!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Can this pick up freeview from the north? If you live near there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,084 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Pyro Boy wrote: »

Should be able to as far as I know

Pyro Boy wrote: »

Yup it sure can!!

Have talked to someone with it working on it and seen photos of it in operation!!

Just checked the office still no package =(...

9 days and counting!! haha..

pissed wrote: »
    Ordered on the 1st and still no sign of it, emailed the seller and no reply either. Zero items listed for sale ....... looks like he done a runner.

Order from Eunion4u on ebay

Ordered on Nov 2
    Shipped on Nov 3
    Delivered on Nov 9

Order from Eunion4u on ebay

Ordered on Nov 2
    Shipped on Nov 3
    Delivered on Nov 9

No I ordered from lucknetwork as per the OP's post.Still no sign of it, off to paypals resolution centre so.

pissed wrote: »
    No I ordered from lucknetwork as per the OP's post.Still no sign of it, off to paypals resolution centre so.

Its still too early give it the 14 days......

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Anyone feeling generous and would like to buy me one? ;)
    I dont have a credit card :(

Jeese people give these guys a break I've been buying stuff from hongkong since 2002 nothing to date hasn't turned up. Postage often takes a month or more particularly if it goes to customs in portlaoise.

liamo22 wrote: »
    Anyone feeling generous and would like to buy me one? ;)
    I dont have a credit card :(

I dont either... Get a 3V card lad...

Thats what i use!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Just bought one of these. Are they easy for a noob to use. Can I just plug this into my netbook and pick up channels ?

• Advertisement

I have also been buying from hong kong a long time. My main concern is that the seller has not responded to my email and his list of items is now zero. He has also received a fair few negatives in the last couple of days. Anyway no big loss as its only $9.

Advertisement