Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital USB 2.0 DVB-T HDTV TV Tuner Recorder & Receiver

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Anybody have any luck installing on Windows7 64bit?

Anytime I plug in the dongle it fails installing device driver even though I've already installed the driver from the CD. Not sure if there is a problem with the device or do I need a different driver

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

doncarlos wrote: »
    Anybody have any luck installing on Windows7 64bit?

Anytime I plug in the dongle it fails installing device driver even though I've already installed the driver from the CD. Not sure if there is a problem with the device or do I need a different driver
    yup, that's what I have.

i just plugged mine in and it was recognised by windows and it installed the drivers itself, without me needing to do anything. channel scan in MCE picked up all the channels and i'm sorted. :)

it's possible yours contains slightly different hardware. have you tried searching for the device hardware ID (from the properties in device manager) online to see if you can pick up newer drivers for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

vibe666 wrote: »
    yup, that's what I have.

i just plugged mine in and it was recognised by windows and it installed the drivers itself, without me needing to do anything. channel scan in MCE picked up all the channels and i'm sorted. :)

it's possible yours contains slightly different hardware. have you tried searching for the device hardware ID (from the properties in device manager) online to see if you can pick up newer drivers for it?
    +1

i did need to get a decent antenna though, the built in one wouldn't pick up the channels clearly with the supplied mini-antenna.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Did you try installing the driver itself, directly from the folder in the CD instead of using the autorun? That worked for me (after a restart)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

vibe666 wrote: »
    i did need to get a decent antenna though, the built in one wouldn't pick up the channels clearly with the supplied mini-antenna.

What kind of antenna did you get and where did you get it?

I'm not picking up any channels, even though I'm sticking my aerial out the window on a laptop.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Did you try installing the driver itself, directly from the folder in the CD instead of using the autorun? That worked for me (after a restart)

Yes. It is only giving me an option of updating or uninstalling now. When I try either the installer crashes. I will try it on another PC but I think it may be a dud :(

Vertakill wrote: »
    What kind of antenna did you get and where did you get it?

I'm not picking up any channels, even though I'm sticking my aerial out the window on a laptop.. :)
    picked up a one4all powered digital indoor antenna panel for about 25 quid from currys.

when i got the DVB stick it came with a pigtail adapter to fit a regular TV antenna so it was just a plug and play replacement and i get a clear signal on all channels from my attic office now with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Can someone please post a working serial number for the BlazeTV software? My envelope was blank and theres nothing on the CD itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Thargor wrote: »
    Can someone please post a working serial number for the BlazeTV software? My envelope was blank and theres nothing on the CD itself.

Blaze didn't work very well for me and the number wouldn't work when I tried it again on a different PC at a different IP address. I'll root it out later. It works better on VLC once the settings are correct.
    Media-Open Capture Device-DVB-T. The transponder frequency to use for Dublin is 738MHz(738000000Hz). The bandwidth is 8Mhz and hey presto Euro2012 in glorious HD on headphones. Enjoy!!

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, how do I change channels in VLC though? Ive Googled it but the playlist suggestion doesnt work, all I have is RTE2.

Also did anyone get the remote control working with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Thargor wrote: »
    Thanks for that, how do I change channels in VLC though? Ive Googled it but the playlist suggestion doesnt work, all I have is RTE2.

Also did anyone get the remote control working with it?

Click "Playback" and mouse over "Program". All of the channels should be there.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

can anyone upload an installer or drivers for windows XP?

I am struggling to find them online and my cd is nowhere to be seen.

Cheers

EF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Why don't you use drivers from Leadtek:

http://www.leadtek.com/eng/support/download.asp?downlineid=144&downline=WinFast+DTV+Dongle

It was already recommended here, it is the same device officially produced by Leadtek. I used this drivers for XP and they were OK (not sure about Vista).

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

eoinf wrote: »
    can anyone upload an installer or drivers for windows XP?

I am struggling to find them online and my cd is nowhere to be seen.

Cheers

EF

Here's the disc - for me VLC or WMP outperform the clunky BlazeTV suite, so the bare driver was sufficient:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2800234561/DVB-T%20AAF.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭loopymum

Just wondering did anyone get this working in Ubuntu? I'm trialing ubuntu in the hope of getting it working on that on an old laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭love that turbo

styron wrote: »
    Here's the disc - for me VLC or WMP outperform the clunky BlazeTV suite, so the bare driver was sufficient:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2800234561/DVB-T%20AAF.zip

Thanks for this, lost my disk and about to do a fresh install of Wins 7

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Thanks for this, lost my disk and about to do a fresh install of Wins 7

Sorry, that RS link appears to be dead - reuploaded the disc here:

http://rg.to/file/afe59e1e945953cd7e088216d7e381da/DVB-T_AAF.zip.html

Advertisement