Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital USB 2.0 DVB-T HDTV TV Tuner Recorder & Receiver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

MaceFace wrote: »
    I ordered mine from ellieshang on the 10th Nov and recieved it this morning. I think this is days after others so they probably posted them in a big bunch.
    Hopefully you will get it in the next day or two.

Ordered mine on the 4th from ellieshang and i'm still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

Might chance one myself so, but as im in roughly the same area as you, i wont expect much

none listed now unfortunately, anyone have another reliable alternative

I bought one from the link below (posted earlier in the thread) and it works fine apart from the remote control, although I think that could be a software issue as it is sending a signal.

Paid 4.70eur with following discount codes.
    Coupon code=d10%eBay110
    Recommender=E-GATE

http://www.buyincoins.com/digital-tv-hdtv-dvb-t-usb-stick-dongle-tuner-recorder-receiver-product-70.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I ordered mine from ellieshang on the 10th Nov and recieved it this morning. I think this is days after others so they probably posted them in a big bunch.
    Hopefully you will get it in the next day or two.

Aw really! God that sucks i bought an other item off him the same day like too :(:( Its sickening considering spur hill is right outside my window and i should be able to get perfect reception:(

Hopefully i'll get it yet, have been advised to escalate my paypal dispute tomorrow though!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I bought mine from ellieshang on the 10th November, and haven't recieved either yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Another unhappy ellieshang customer, still waiting (ordered Nov 4th).
    Is there a support group for victims of the Hong Kong Postal Service?

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Another unhappy ellieshang customer, still waiting (ordered Nov 4th).
    Is there a support group for victims of the Hong Kong Postal Service?

Hahaha anyone want to fly out and collect what we paid for!!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Aw really! God that sucks i bought an other item off him the same day like too :(:( Its sickening considering spur hill is right outside my window and i should be able to get perfect reception:(

Perfect reception in Ballincollig via Spur Hill with this.

Trevord wrote: »
    Perfect reception in Ballincollig via Spur Hill with this.

Sounds good... Staring straight out my window at it now right next to CIT so this should be a gold mine for signal strength but i've a feeling i'll have to wait until i buy from another source:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Did the people that ordered from ellieshang get a dispatched email?
    I got an email saying it was dispatched on 11/11.
    Hoping to get this soon.

I'm in Lucan so would I be right in saying I be using the three rock signal strength ? Anyone else out this way using one?

Never buyin from this seller again

iggy wrote: »
    Hoping to get this soon.

I'm in Lucan so would I be right in saying I be using the three rock signal strength ? Anyone else out this way using one?

Never buyin from this seller again

Got a dispatch email saying it was posted the 4th... Still no sign!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Ordered from ellieshang 9th/10th. Didn't get a shipping mail. Received the yoke today.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

did anybody got mac friendly stick ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

rai555 wrote: »
    did anybody got mac friendly stick ? ;)

Apparently works with tubestick if you know anyone who has the software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

Is a tv licence required to view in this manner?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

ootbitb wrote: »
    Is a tv licence required to view in this manner?

Yes, tv licence covers more than TVs these days :(
    If you already have a licence though, this would cover it, and if you don't have one, and they aren't constantly knocking at your door, they aren't going to start if you bought one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

iggy wrote: »
    Hoping to get this soon.
    I didn't get a dispatch mail, but I mailed Ellieshang yesterday and got a response that it was sent on the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

dmeehan wrote: »
    i got mine from ellieshang today - havent tried it out yet as i am in work, but will let ye know how i got on anyways

tried it out at home and the fecky little "antenna" that comes with it is red useless. got it working though with the cable from the aerial on the roof. had to hold the contacts in place long enough for me to verify it was working. scanned in the channels and had epg data and audio only. didnt bother getting the codecs etc sorted as I was only using it to verify the availability of DTT where I live, and I have done that now.

Any offers for a DTT USB stick with antenna? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

This could be similar to the keyring camera - sounds great but novelty factor lasts a few minutes for most people.

I can only get reception if I hold the little antenna sideways 4 foot from the ground facing a certain direction.

Any tips on how to boost the signal and still keeping it mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Banjo wrote: »
    I didn't get a dispatch mail, but I mailed Ellieshang yesterday and got a response that it was sent on the 6th.

Got a dispatch email and still waiting. Seeing as people who ordered a week later than I did already have theirs I'm beginning to get worried

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

This could be similar to the keyring camera - sounds great but novelty factor lasts a few minutes for most people.

I can only get reception if I hold the little antenna sideways 4 foot from the ground facing a certain direction.

Won't be mobile but I got this adapter to hook up to roof aerial:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230548874780&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Received yesterday too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Got a dispatch email and still waiting. Seeing as people who ordered a week later than I did already have theirs I'm beginning to get worried

I ordered mine on the 6th Nov and it arrived yesterday. Didn't bother with the drivers or software. Worked straight away with Windows Media Centre. Got a brief look at Cowen's head before the reception went. :( I'll have to do some experimenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Adyx wrote: »
    I ordered mine on the 6th Nov and it arrived yesterday. Didn't bother with the drivers or software. Worked straight away with Windows Media Centre. Got a brief look at Cowen's head before the reception went. :( I'll have to do some experimenting.
    They also say a glimpse of Brian Cowen's head will also kill a horse at 50 paces..

... true story!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

That before or after he consumes their liver with some chianti?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

paddyp wrote: »
    Apparently works with tubestick if you know anyone who has the software.

i think there is software The Tube, is there any free soft ?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

I got mine from here for €10
    http://myworld.ebay.ie/toymodel55
    Shipping a little slow, took 3 weeks but works fine.
    I had to go upstairs & hold the antenna to the window for the scan to work, but once the channels are found, it works down stairs with the antenna beside me on the couch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

I can confirm I ordered mine from lucknetwork at the end of October,and it was in my letterbox on the 11th November.

I ordered from Lucknetwork:mad: and opened a dispute this morning. Anyone got a reliable seller for these tuners.

Well i eventually recieved it from ellieshang and it was worth the weight!

Its a mighty little thing!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Just to confirm mine arrived today from ellieshang. I was beginning to doubt them as it was dispatched on the 10th. Well worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Its brilliant once it works.

Have found that it works better when connected to something metallic like a small tin (helps to keep it aimed in right direction). Radiator also useful for this purpose.

I have ordered a larger version of the antenna online and once I get it I will report back on whether it improves the signal.

• Advertisement

Trevord wrote: »
    I have ordered a larger version of the antenna online .
    Link?

Advertisement