Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital USB 2.0 DVB-T HDTV TV Tuner Recorder & Receiver

Options

Comments

I GOT IT WORKING!! Had to go upstairs with it and scanned with Windows Media Centre and it found the channels almost instantly. Great little thing when it works. As someone still getting UPC analogue it's great to see what the fuss about digital is!
    Solaris10 wrote: »
    hi Aylin Ancient Eyeball,

that software only support mpeg - 2 (check the sellers description) , you try some other software , it will wotk with windows 7 check the other post.......
    Don't know what you're talking about. I was using Windows Media Centre as the other poster said he got it working with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Can someone help me with this? I connected the usb dongle thingy to a usb port and it installed the drivers. I opened Windows Media Centre and worked through a few screens where it installed ReadyPlay or something like that. However when it scans for channels it finds none at all. There's no light on the usb dongle or anything. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Same. The dongle looks dead.

I let vista install drivers rather than install what was on the cd as it gave a warning message saying that as it was not windows logo approved it may destabilise the system. I tried installing Blaze Player from the cd also but its looking for a serial number and won't open.

Any help appreciated. I've tried vista and xp with no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

huh? :confused:

confused.gif ?????

i though it is not working....

I GOT IT WORKING!! Had to go upstairs with it and scanned with Windows Media Centre and it found the channels almost instantly. Great little thing when it works. As someone still getting UPC analogue it's great to see what the fuss about digital is!

Don't know what you're talking about. I was using Windows Media Centre as the other poster said he got it working with.

What OS are you using ?
    Did you install the drivers from the disk?
    Are there any lights on the dongle now? Does it show up in "my computer" as a USB device ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,081 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I just installed the drivers and software that came with it, did a scan, found 16 channels and watching tv now

using xp sp3

there is a blue light on the dongle when watching tv channel

location south dublin

hd test channel works too

epg working on the software too

shows up in device manager under "sound, video and game..."
    af9015 bda device

• Advertisement

I just installed the drivers and software that came with it, did a scan, found 16 channels and watching tv now

using xp sp3

there is a blue light on the dongle

location south dublin

epg working on the software too

Did you install Blaze player ?
    How did you get past the serial number ?
    It mustn't like me. There's no blue light on mine.

Did you install Blaze player ?
    How did you get past the serial number ?
    It mustn't like me. There's no blue light on mine.

blazevideo hdtv player
    only got the light after tuning and selecting a tv station to watch

theres a serial number on the cd envelope or on file on the cd, just used that with my own name and email address with it

record and pause function works ok too, but not perfect... can't pause while recording like other software

do the drivers first and check that you see the tuners listed in device manager

blazevideo hdtv player
    only got the light after tuning and selecting a tv station to watch

theres a serial number on the cd envelope or on file on the cd, just used that with my own name and email address with it

record and pause function works ok too, but not perfect... can't pause while recording like other software

do the drivers first and check that you see the tuners listed in device manager

Thanks Ghost Train for your help. I dont know how I missed the serial number on the envelope!

It's still not working for me. I checked device manager and there's a yellow exclamation mark over DVB-T 2 .When I click it it says the driver is not installed but it can't find any driver and it doesn't seem to be on the disk. If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong please do . :)

when i plug out the aerial and lose reception the blue light goes off, so the blue light doesn't mean much until the software tunes something

remote works ok too with the supplied software

Thanks Ghost Train for your help. I dont know how I missed the serial number on the envelope!

It's still not working for me. I checked device manager and there's a yellow exclamation mark over DVB-T 2 .When I click it it says the driver is not installed but it can't find any driver and it doesn't seem to be on the disk. If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong please do . :)

i ran the setup file on the cd, its in the driver folder

no direct driver files for windows to find on the cd so must run the exe file

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,811 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyone try it on a Mac? Would love to get this running on my old Apple TV upstairs.

Have Freesat running off the same TV but no RTE1, RTE2, TV3 etc.

i ran the setup file on the cd, its in the driver folder

no direct driver files for windows to find on the cd so must run the exe file

That did the trick!

I'm watching TV now... RTE has never looked so exciting :D .

Thanks a MILLION Ghost Train. I wouldn't have managed it without your help.:)

Off topic but what do I need to be able to watch Saorview on my telly (which doesn't have a mpeg4 tuner)? Do I need a big bulky decoder and aerial or is there something small like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,811 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Off topic but what do I need to be able to watch Saorview on my telly (which doesn't have a mpeg4 tuner)? Do I need a big bulky decoder and aerial or is there something small like this?
    Have you a PS3? If you do, you could pick up a PlayTV

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KetchupKid

scout353 wrote: »
    It didn't pick up anything with the little arial but when I was at home (Tramore) and connected it to roof aeriel it picked up the Irish DTT channels no problem.
    Thanks.

Scout,

How did you connect the dongle to the roof aerial since the connectors are very different, much smaller on the dongle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

want my 2 to arrive now. hopefully he didnt take me seriously about a refund :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Still no dispatch on mine!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Is there nt a normal connection on the dongle??

Anyone able to take a screenshot of it in action:D

All excited looking forward to getting mine!!:rolleyes::)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

That did the trick!

I'm watching TV now... RTE has never looked so exciting :D .

Thanks a MILLION Ghost Train. I wouldn't have managed it without your help.:)

I got mine today but the Driver / Software CD was physically damaged - bubbles on the CD surface and was unreadable. The CD Envelope just says BlazeVideoHDTVPlayer and has a serial number underneath.

Anyone know where I can get the drivers and software from?

Thanks,

patrickpc wrote: »
    I got mine today but the Driver / Software CD was physically damaged - bubbles on the CD surface and was unreadable. The CD Envelope just says BlazeVideoHDTVPlayer and has a serial number underneath.

Anyone know where I can get the drivers and software from?

Thanks,

the link below has a link to drivers, not sure if the software will let you use your serial though, drivers needed are for af9015

the version on the cd is blaze hdtv deluxe v6.0
    http://www.blazevideo.com/hdtv-player/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

My cd was in two halves I got the drivers from here:

http://www.digittrade.de/shop/shop_content.php/coID/9

I think those drivers are more up to date there are linux drivers there too.

I am using vlc media player as it uses half the cpu that blaze requires.

Have perfect reception from cairn hill with the tiny aerial included except the hd test channel which is breaking up.

paddyp wrote: »
    My cd was in two halves I got the drivers from here:

http://www.digittrade.de/shop/shop_content.php/coID/9

I think those drivers are more up to date there are linux drivers there too.

I am using vlc media player as it uses half the cpu that blaze requires.

Have perfect reception from cairn hill with the tiny aerial included except the hd test channel which is breaking up.

How did you use vlc with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KetchupKid

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Is there nt a normal connection on the dongle??:rolleyes::)

No, at least the one I got only has a very small mini connector for the small aerial provided and I'm not picking up anything with a scan and not sure how to connect roof aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

KetchupKid wrote: »
    No, at least the one I got only has a very small mini connector for the small aerial provided and I'm not picking up anything with a scan and not sure how to connect roof aerial.

I'm in the same boat.......no signal at all, no light of any kind on the dongle, very frustrating, what are the settings for VLC????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Anyone who bought one from ellieshang get theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Anyone who bought one from ellieshang get theirs yet?

Nope ordered mine last tuesday..

Usually takes stuff 8 to 11 days for me to get it from Hong Kong..

So will keep and eye out in the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Yea, thought it was probably a bit too soon yet alright. Hoping to get it in the next few days too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

In vlc select media -> open capture device

click capture mode select dvb direct show

select dvb-t

set transponder frequency and bandwidth

click play

to change channel select playback -> programme

Theres no scanning in vlc on windows so you need to know the frequency and bandwidth

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

paddyp wrote: »
    In vlc select media -> open capture device

click capture mode select dvb direct show

select dvb-t

set transponder frequency and bandwidth

click play

to change channel select playback -> programme

Theres no scanning in vlc on windows so you need to know the frequency and bandwidth

What is the frequency and bandwidth for Saorview mas e do thoil e ?

• Advertisement

Jimmyboss wrote: »
    What is the frequency and bandwidth for Saorview mas e do thoil e ?

frequencies are here... three rock is 738000khz
    not sure what bandwidth settings would be
    http://www.mpeg4ireland.com/dtt-muxes

Advertisement