Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mentored thread for Conn Ultra training

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tec Diver

I've never done an ultra (yet), and am using this year's Conn full as my first marathon.
    I'm also booked onto the Portumna 50k and will (everything going well) be booking on the Conn ultra next year.
    See you all next Sunday! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Having started this thread, I'm feeling more than a little guilty that I won't be on the start line.

Place is deferred until next year, so very eager to hear how everyone gets on!

All the best for it and I'll have the Child of Prague dusted off for some good weather....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Izoard wrote: »
    Having started this thread, I'm feeling more than a little guilty that I won't be on the start line.

All the best for it and I'll have the Child of Prague dusted off for some good weather....

He's already working, is the CoP - longterm forecast is sunburn, rather than hypothermia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Sorry 2 hear that Izoard...Injury ???

BTW I hear that most of the young crew are going out in Galway Sunday night :eek:... Just wondering if the more mature , level headed individuals are staying in Cliften and if so any ideas on where 2 meet for post race hydration :)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tec Diver

Don't know about "mature and level headed" but I'm staying in Clifden for the weekend. Where's the post-race hydration taking place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

I'll be thinking of you all brave nuts this Sunday. Sadly for the first time since 2007 I won't be there.
    Having done my first ever race then (half )I decided to move up to the full in 2008. But the ultra is very special. I won't forget the memories from this in 2009 and especially last year when nature was at its best

Good luck all and try and enjoy the experience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

liamo123 wrote: »
    Sorry 2 hear that Izoard...Injury ???

I secured a work gig in the Dominican Republic, so I reluctantly deferred Conn - will have some fleeting guilt on the day, as it has been the first event of the season for the past while.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

I secured a work gig in the Dominican Republic, so I reluctantly deferred Conn - will have some fleeting guilt on the day, as it has been the first event of the season for the past while.

I think we would all reluctantly defer Conn for the chance to go to the Dominican Republic.... Enjoy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

well lads> How did it got for you? I heard there were some cracking times posted. I even heard that a certain poster on this board ran the last 13.1 miles 5 minutes faster than the prevoius two :eek: Mick, sign this man up for future ultras!!!

For anyone who's interested, mu report is here:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

menoscemo wrote: »
    well lads> How did it got for you? I heard there were some cracking times posted. I even heard that a certain poster on this board ran the last 13.1 miles 5 minutes faster than the prevoius two :eek: Mick, sign this man up for future ultras!!!

For anyone who's interested, mu report is here:
    Great day, the way people were going on about the 2 hills i was expecting mount everest:D
    Very managable climbs. Great downhill stretch into the finish for a fast finish:D

• Advertisement

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Great day, the way people were going on about the 2 hills i was expecting mount everest:D
    Very managable climbs. Great downhill stretch into the finish for a fast finish:D

Fair play to seamu. looks like he got under 5;40. looks like only female beat you :eek:
    Not many 15 stone marathoners have these stats bud!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

Top day.... Not often that might be said after 7 hours and one minute on road...!
    Kept a steady pace,and splits were even eneogh to know I enjoyed my day, for my first ultra , was desperate just to get home....and enjoy food that wasn't in a gel !

ps, A big thanks to Mick rice, Thomas,niall and anybody else who offered advice... definitely a novice friendly event... Which I couldn't
    reccomend eneogh...
    Well done to all...

Next......??....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Well done everyone! I felt guilty all Sunday for not running., thinking of you. You've done yourselves proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Very happy with the race. Finished in 6:04. Nearly took me that long to write up the report in my log.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Guys – for anyone who ran with the hilarious guy with the webcam in Connemara – here’s a link to his final video! I managed to feature as a sweaty mess and Aimman got in there about 9.11minutes. There’s a lovely tribute to Eddie at the end too!

I hope everyone’s legs have reacquainted themselves with their bodies by now!! :)

claralara wrote: »
    Guys – for anyone who ran with the hilarious guy with the webcam in Connemara – here’s a link to his final video! I managed to feature as a sweaty mess and Aimman got in there about 9.11minutes. There’s a lovely tribute to Eddie at the end too!

I hope everyone’s legs have reacquainted themselves with their bodies by now!! :)

That's a lovely video. You appear to have made it several times. Must have been the t-shirt i guess? ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

claralara wrote: »

Was watching that on Facebook earlier. Eddies back was a familiar sight, I saw that all too often races recently - even Jingle Bells, I let him beat me in that one though. :pac: If I'd known I'd never race with him again, I'd never in a million years have let him win. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Just got to see this video this afternoon. Thankfully i was overtaking the camera, instead of the other way around.

The video clip of Eddie was very poignant. I'm glad the guy found out about him and managed to put the clip in at the end.

Advertisement