Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Would a D-Link PCI 10/100 adapter pick up wireless internet connections?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Baza210 wrote: »
    I have AD700s which I tested with a FiiO E7 - there was an improvement, but it wasn't enormous.

Hah, that was one of the reviews that convinced me to pick up an E7 in the first place...

On the topic of amping headphones, some people argue HD 25-IIs don't need amping but the difference is like night and day for me. They just sound so flat and thin for me without amping with my iPod. Placebo in my case maybe?

Bonesy. wrote: »
    Would a D-Link PCI 10/100 adapter pick up wireless internet connections?

No, it's an ethernet adapter not a wireless adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

nesf wrote: »
    Hah, that was one of the reviews that convinced me to pick up an E7 in the first place...

On the topic of amping headphones, some people argue HD 25-IIs don't need amping but the difference is like night and day for me. They just sound so flat and thin for me without amping with my iPod. Placebo in my case maybe?

i dont think its just you ive always found sennheisers are noticeably better with an amplifier compared to other mid-high range headphones ive tried

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I have AD700s which I tested with a FiiO E7 - there was an improvement, but it wasn't enormous.

It's a shame that image host expired... I should try to find the pictures on my old netbook and rehost them.

• Advertisement

It's a shame that image host expired... I should try to find the pictures on my old netbook and rehost them.

A question for you actually: Have you tried going bit perfect? I've been messing around with it and I'm finding very little noticeable difference between versus using Direct Sound and the Windows mixer.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Is it just me or is this thread getting a bit too on topic

A question for you actually: Have you tried going bit perfect? I've been messing around with it and I'm finding very little noticeable difference between versus using Direct Sound and the Windows mixer.

I've never gone outside the norm in that sense. No 192/24, no balancing, no AB DBTing... you're looking at someone who thinks the uDAC 2 actually sounds pretty good.

I've never gone outside the norm in that sense. No 192/24, no balancing, no AB DBTing... you're looking at someone who thinks the uDAC 2 actually sounds pretty good.

Just curious, I'd be similar, I've never gotten the attraction of high res stuff with what's known about the human ear.

Plus I think some gamer headphones sound fine, so I'm the real heretic here...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

you damn sound junkies....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Leave them alone SH; they're sound.

Monotype wrote: »
    Leave them alone SH; they're sound.

270916539_5a9c0691ef.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

slightly off topic in a thread that should be titled to anything but,

my god the 2500K is a beast. I played AC:R and BF3 for a few hours the other day, and after quitting, I wondered why the fans didn't go quiet again. turns out I had forgotten to end my prime 95 torture test from earlier that morning. even though I was under 100% CPU usage, I still had enough headroom to game, and the games didn't stutter at all.

on my old phenom I'd be happy when I could browse the Web while I was torturing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Reminds me of when I upgraded to an i7-950/580, from a 7300GS. I was wondering why I was only getting 40FPS in Crysis vs. the usual 45. Turns out I'd left Unreal Tournament 3 running in the background. :P

ah UT. probably the first game that got me into competitive fps. absolutely loved every one of them. I was never really into CS..

that said, I'm fairly **** at PC fps these days for some reason. compared to XBox anyway. dunno. how do people fly planes and choppers in BF 3 on PC ?! I'm useless! give me a little bird and an XBox controller and ill dominate a map with mvp and capture flags, but a mouse? crash burn kill whole squad.

autoaiming scrub

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    slightly off topic in a thread that should be titled to anything but,

my god the 2500K is a beast. I played AC:R and BF3 for a few hours the other day, and after quitting, I wondered why the fans didn't go quiet again. turns out I had forgotten to end my prime 95 torture test from earlier that morning. even though I was under 100% CPU usage, I still had enough headroom to game, and the games didn't stutter at all.

on my old phenom I'd be happy when I could browse the Web while I was torturing.

Yeah I had the same thing happen to me with Skyrim with video encoding running in the background, I was wondering why my framerate was lower than normal. Though I'm finding SWTOR to push my CPU hard actually, GPUs don't get that much of a workout but I'm seeing quite high CPU temps (higher than I get with Handbrake!), so it's odd. Probably the framerate I'm playing with though combined with general MMO CPU heaviness.

Yeah I had the same thing happen to me with Skyrim with video encoding running in the background, I was wondering why my framerate was lower than normal. Though I'm finding SWTOR to push my CPU hard actually, GPUs don't get that much of a workout but I'm seeing quite high CPU temps (higher than I get with Handbrake!), so it's odd. Probably the framerate I'm playing with though combined with general MMO CPU heaviness.

i got swtor today too. what ya think of it?

funny enough i find it more of an SP game then mmorpg. i just go to empty vent channel so i dont get bothering from others playing it lol. plus you need to listen quests.

so far i am level 9 imperial agent. dunno if i like it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,909 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Any good online sites for computer tech reviews

(thinking of getting a new case :))

Anandtech, HardOCP, Guru3D, OverclockersClub, Hardware Canucks, Legit Reviews, Hardware Heaven, Bit-Tech, Hardware Secrets, BJorn3D....

What case are you thinking of?

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    Anandtech, HardOCP, Guru3D, OverclockersClub, Hardware Canucks, Legit Reviews, Hardware Heaven, Bit-Tech, Hardware Secrets, BJorn3D....

What case are you thinking of?

idk

I may not get even another case, im just bored and I like to look at fancy cases :pac:

iv the Fractal Design Define R3. Does a fine job but I dont get that wow effect, like I use too :)

Would you like an ATCS 840? I might be interested in the R3. :P

Sort of in the same boat: nothing at all wrong with it, but... I'm in the mood for a new look. :)

Would you like an ATCS 840? I might be interested in the R3. :P

Sort of in the same boat: nothing at all wrong with it, but... I'm in the mood for a new look. :)

:)

Looks a good case you have there mate judging by the reviews but idk I think ill stick with what I have at the moment and wait for somthing cool and unique to pop up

Im bored of the same old style cases

I've my eye on the P280 from Antec myself. As my WC stuff is external now, I don't need the huge mother of a case, so I've been thinking of something smaller. It's very much in the "want" category though (vs. "need"), as I have stuff much higher up on the list that needs getting first (like a few more hard drives, for instance).

RE: Unique cases - Antec Skeleton!

I've my eye on the P280 from Antec myself. As my WC stuff is external now, I don't need the huge mother of a case, so I've been thinking of something smaller. It's very much in the "want" category though (vs. "need"), as I have stuff much higher up on the list that needs getting first (like a few more hard drives, for instance).

Fractual should sue antec for that copyright lol

you werent joking about unique :pac: but its a bit to far out there for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Lian li have a few unique cases, like the spider mitx one and the PC- U6.

Have my Ad700's a few years now, still absolutely love them to bits.

Headshot wrote: »
    Fractual should sue antec for that copyright lol

you werent joking about unique :pac: but its a bit to far out there for me :D
    headshot, at this rate im actually buying everything you sell, but anyway, if you plan on putting that R3 up for sale, left me know. I'm looking for a quiet case for my server. got a storm scout currently but its not sound insulated and the CPU heatsink is loud enough for me to notice it...

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    headshot, at this rate im actually buying everything you sell, but anyway, if you plan on putting that R3 up for sale, left me know. I'm looking for a quiet case for my server. got a storm scout currently but its not sound insulated and the CPU heatsink is loud enough for me to notice it...

lol

Ill sell ya the kitchen sink if ya want it ?

corsair 500R like a boss! :p

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    lol

Ill sell ya the kitchen sink if ya want it ?
    and ill but it if you sell it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement