Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You can actually download the beta now, I assume its either a developers preview or its been leaked but I've seen threads about it on several forums.
    Its most likely done through piratebay or other illegal sites so I can't link to it, but I doubt its that hard to find if you really want to try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

You can actually download the beta now, I assume its either a developers preview or its been leaked but I've seen threads about it on several forums.
    Its most likely done through piratebay or other illegal sites so I can't link to it, but I doubt its that hard to find if you really want to try it.

Dev preview from microsoft: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

I'm only after getting 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

I'm only after getting 7.
    I havn't even got 7 yet. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-8-Beta-Delivered-to-Testers-Screenshots-Leak-241583.shtml

Windows 8 beta is delivered to testers now :)

I have a windows phone 7 device (thanks bargain alerts :p) and I adore the metro UI. It works so well on a mobile device and is so much more better than the crappy UI android devices have. I don't know how well the metro UI will work out using a keyboard and mouse though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Rar, knock my Kombustor Extreme GPU temps down from 100 (I'd quit the test when I'd see this number) to under 79 with two new case fans. The default case fan config for the Define XL doesn't deal well with Crossfire at all it seems (or I got two cards that run a bit hot). Cards now idle in the low 40s instead of mid 50s too which is nice.

2 x Noctua NF-S12B 120mm at lowest fan speeds (600prm) for those who are interested. Which was a screw up by me since both slots can take 140mm fans and the front slot is actually made for a 140mm. Eh, live and learn and all that.

Which is a better Motherboard? (And not in terms of price) The Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 or the ASUS P8Z68-V LX ? Are they both compatible with the i5-2500k or any AMD processors?

Bonesy. wrote: »
    Which is a better Motherboard? (And not in terms of price) The Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 or the ASUS P8Z68-V LX ? Are they both compatible with the i5-2500k or any AMD processors?

Both are Intel boards compatible with the i5 2500K and not compatible with any AMD processors. No board in existence is compatible with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,963 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I remember talking about cases in here, anyone see the Cooler Master Cosmos II Extreme Gaming Case

****ing hell, what a beast (in a good way:))

Seems to be very heavy but damn it looks absolute sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Very nice. Sort of like the 800D meets the Cosmos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭infowars.com

whats a decent card for 120 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Serephucus wrote: »
    Very nice. Sort of like the 800D meets the Cosmos.

At Eur350 its asking a bit much. I would pick the 800D for Eur120 less everytime. Alot of case manufactures are using Corsair design features in their new cases.

It is pretty though :D

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1663181

deejer wrote: »
    At Eur350 its asking a bit much. I would pick the 800D for Eur120 less everytime. Alot of case manufactures are using Corsair design features in their new cases.

Ouch, didn't realise it was that much. And yeah, I've noticed that. Particularly the cable management grommets. The one thing I wish someone would copy, are the hard drive mounts from Antec's LANBoy Air. Bloody wonderful idea, and even Antec haven't used it in another case (not even the P280!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Serious Nostalgia moment lookin back at the pc builds/mods threads I did back when I was 15-16 . Thems were the days... :(

papu wrote: »
    Serious Nostalgia moment lookin back at the pc builds/mods threads I did back when I was 15-16 . Thems were the days... :(
    Any pics? :)

Edit: Sorry just saw 'Threads' :pac: Ditsy at this time so I am.

Any pics? :)

Edit: Sorry just saw 'Threads' :pac: Ditsy at this time so I am.

whats left of em are in here

Stupid Imageshack has nuked a few of the images ,I also had a look on Xtremesystems forum the other day for the first time in a few years ...Its Changed!

papu wrote: »
    whats left of em are in here

Stupid Imageshack has nuked a few of the images ,I also had a look on Xtremesystems forum the other day for the first time in a few years ...Its Changed!
    Very impressive stuff :D Been doing any mods lately? I'll be doing my first case mod soon (Only 15 :o)

Very impressive stuff :D Been doing any mods lately? I'll be doing my first case mod soon (Only 15 :o)

Yeah I saw your thread there , nah I moved from Pc's to cars then sold that. I'm still using the stacker 830 case which I plan on keeping for another long time so I'm not going to do anything more than that window mod.

Lads do you think my sound card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Card will get the best out of the razor tiamat 7.1 headset ?http://www.razerzone.com/tiamat/en/features

• Advertisement

Yes. :)

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads do you think my sound card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Card will get the best out of the razor tiamat 7.1 headset ?http://www.razerzone.com/tiamat/en/features

Probably, the headphones should be designed to work off on-board happy enough. How much were they out of interest?

nesf wrote: »
    Probably, the headphones should be designed to work off on-board happy enough. How much were they out of interest?

The headset isnt out yet, nesf :)

Suppose to be at the end of January

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Well Creative aren't renowned for brilliant audio, and neither are gaming headsets, so I'd say they're a perfect match.

The headset isnt out yet, nesf :)

Suppose to be at the end of January

Just make sure you prefer 7.1 to stereo in headphones before you buy them. There's a pretty savage split in the community over which way is best, it seems to vary quite widely from individual to individual. If they're £150+ you're probably best off waiting for a few audiophile gamers to do reviews, they tend to have tested a lot of headsets/headphones and have a pretty good knowledge of what works best with respect to surround sound gaming (yes this last point conflicts with my first one!). You might get better performance out of a Sennheiser HD598 and virtual surround (one of the best combos atm apparently) than Razer's attempt at 7 drivers in one ear piece considering this is not a tried and tested method of audio.

I linked to this before and it's interesting reading: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envy-aka-shin-czs-guide-to-headphone-gaming-particularly-with-dolby-headphone

I have the HD598s and their imaging is superb in stereo. I get a very good positional sense in MMOs and the kind of stuff I play. I haven't tried them with virtual surround yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Trevor451 wrote: »
    that is my new favorite website. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Trevor451 wrote: »

oh that was sneaky :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

oh that was sneaky :D
    What happens? I see the one counting down?

• Advertisement

Click on one of them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement