Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Modding Thoughts...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

justryan wrote: »
    You guys have to check out LiNK its awesome!

What is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

What is it?

It's integrated into the latest FSD it allows you to play system link games online!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's integrated into the latest FSD it allows you to play system link games online!

Didn't team xecuter say they were bringing out a way to play modded console games online. With out the need for system link. That would be pretty cool, when it comes out. I recently installed the matrix trident on my slim so I have a stock NAND which I play on xbox live at the min. Got a free month of xbox live and just using it up at the min playing Halo 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Fúck DemoN, just killed a trinity console on a customer of mine. Installed it perfectly, read the Nand perfectly, wrote it to the DemoN perfectly but when I turn on the console I get a beep from the power but no CPU fan and no other life out of it - absolutely raging.

I've removed everything from the console, no lifted pads or traces and the same symptoms. Cock of a thing

Do you need to make a trace cut with the demon?

• Advertisement

No trace cut required, no

No trace cut required, no

Are you getting any lights on the rol? Or just a beep?

Just a beep. No fans, no lights, nothing at all. Multimeter the PSU, +5v standby voltage is there. I think she's dead Jim :|

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Fúck DemoN, just killed a trinity console on a customer of mine. Installed it perfectly, read the Nand perfectly, wrote it to the DemoN perfectly but when I turn on the console I get a beep from the power but no CPU fan and no other life out of it - absolutely raging.

I've removed everything from the console, no lifted pads or traces and the same symptoms. Cock of a thing

check 1.8v and 3.3v on the board. maybe one of the regulators is gone - I did that mistake once and burned 3.3 regulator

• Registered Users Posts: 13 djreferee

Merry Christmas to the GOD's of Modding and thanks for your valuable service's.

:cool: :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Isn't GOD a 360 container...oh wait :p:D

Happy Holidays to all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

I've read through this thread and am I right in saying that if I am updating my JTAG'ed Xbox 360 NAND image using JRunner, I don't have to tick the "Aud Clamp?" box? There is really no point rewriting the SMC?

There's no real point in rewriting the SMC but you really should know the wiring you have so you can make an informed decision. If you know it's aud_clamp then just tick the box, better safe than sorry :)

Pov06 wrote: »
    I've read through this thread and am I right in saying that if I am updating my JTAG'ed Xbox 360 NAND image using JRunner, I don't have to tick the "Aud Clamp?" box? There is really no point rewriting the SMC?

Your Xbox is wired with the aud_clamp wiring so you must tick this box, if you don't do this bad things can happen :(

Your Xbox is wired with the aud_clamp wiring so you must tick this box, if you don't do this bad things can happen :(

I see. Wasn't sure with JRunner. I know that XeBuild GUI automatically detects the SMC stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Is it worth updating to the latest freestyle?

Is it just eye candy or is there anything else to it?

And if i do decide to update, anyone have a good guide for setting up dashlaunch with it!?

Happy Modding to all and to all modders good night (im sure its night somewhere)

I see. Wasn't sure with JRunner. I know that XeBuild GUI automatically detects the SMC stuff :D

If you used a nand dump from your xbox as it is now (and not the original nand) then the SMC would have been detected by jRunner as being altered. You could have chosen to keep that SMC in a prompt and it would have worked just fine.

@witnessmenow: Long time no see, stranger :) FSD2 has some bugfixes, Kinect support, a new coverflow, HTTP server and some other bells and whistles. It's worth upgrading because it's incredibly simple to do. If you've already got dashlaunch installed and booting FSD2 just overwrite the FSD folder with the FSD3 files and it'll work just the same

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

How big a HDD can I use in a PS3? Found this, it says 1.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130611663&page=1

Wishing all the fellow modders, flash card lovers & general console deviants a very happy & merry Xmas/holiday season.

Enjoy the break folks, its time to let your soldering irons cool down, sit back, have a drink, something to eat & take it all it. Enjoy! :)

Merry Christmas!

Was updating my Xbox to 16202 dashboard... Complete pain in the a$$ installing that avatar and kinect update afterwards...

Next time I'm gonna install DashLaunch manually. Tried changing my launch.ini to allow updates and disallow, tried naming the update folder $$ytemUpdate and $SystemUpdate.

The update window just wouldn't pop up. Eventually after messing about it came up and I was able to install the extra avatar stuff.

Damn DashLaunch :mad:

Another thing, next time I'm updating my dashboard, should I do a full 512mb dump for JRunner or will the flash section be enough?

• Advertisement

Merry Christmas!

Was updating my Xbox to 16202 dashboard... Complete pain in the a$$ installing that avatar and kinect update afterwards...

Next time I'm gonna install DashLaunch manually. Tried changing my launch.ini to allow updates and disallow, tried naming the update folder $$ytemUpdate and $SystemUpdate.

The update window just wouldn't pop up. Eventually after messing about it came up and I was able to install the extra avatar stuff.

Damn DashLaunch :mad:

Another thing, next time I'm updating my dashboard, should I do a full 512mb dump for JRunner or will the flash section be enough?

Next time you update just use the 64mb original nand dump I gave you on that cd - Merry Christmas

Next time you update just use the 64mb original nand dump I gave you on that cd - Merry Christmas

Ah I see, cheers. ;)

Any sign of us being able to mod a PS3 with firmware higher than 3.55? It's proving VERY difficult to find one with that low firmware.

Andy!! wrote: »
    Any sign of us being able to mod a PS3 with firmware higher than 3.55? It's proving VERY difficult to find one with that low firmware.

An E3 Flasher can downgrade the firmware to 3.55 on most PS3s ;)

An E3 Flasher can downgrade the firmware to 3.55 on most PS3s ;)

Had a quick google... it's expensive and requires me to open the unit up; I would prefer a software alternative.

I thought LV0 keys leaked ages ago and blew the security wide open etc.? In October? Will it take time to put that together into something usable or something? How did the 3.55 hack come about? Is it likely to happen again with a higher version firmware?

http://kotaku.com/5972141/the-3ds-is-being-hacked-and-why-this-is-good-news

Hoo boy! Hope this works with the XL too! I'm in Korea and can't even change the language on a 3DS to use it in English, that's how messed up their system is!!

DashLaunch 3.06 has been released for JTAG 360's :rolleyes:

Picked up an XL in the hope it gets hacked soon. Bought Revelations with it, hope its good. If a firmware update is required though I might not play it though hah! This machine is going nowhere near a wifi connection lol. Was my new years present to me :)
    Andy!! wrote: »

Had a quick google... it's expensive and requires me to open the unit up; I would prefer a software alternative.

I thought LV0 keys leaked ages ago and blew the security wide open etc.? In October? Will it take time to put that together into something usable or something? How did the 3.55 hack come about? Is it likely to happen again with a higher version firmware?

Anyone know about this? Tempted to just use the HDD for something else at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Hi guys. I am going to pull my hair out at this stage. I have a jtag xbox. I deleted some games from external Hdd and they are all still showing in the games list on F3. I have reformatted the drive to see if this would help, no change. I went into general settings, reset settings and cleared data, no change. The games I deleted from external drive are still showing in list. HELP?

• Advertisement

Hi guys. I am going to pull my hair out at this stage. I have a jtag xbox. I deleted some games from external Hdd and they are all still showing in the games list on F3. I have reformatted the drive to see if this would help, no change. I went into general settings, reset settings and cleared data, no change. The games I deleted from external drive are still showing in list. HELP?

Have you tried doing a manual scan in FS3? There's prob an xml or something stored in the FS3 folder than contains a list. If a scan fails, poke around via ftp in the FS3 folder

Advertisement