Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Modding Thoughts...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

So I have an RGH xbox 360 slim with the 4gig HDD, Can I add another internal 500gig HDD or do i have to remove the 4gig and replace it? I bought this modded so not to sure on how to go about it, I am using an external 80gig at the moment and both drives are pretty full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

safetyboy wrote: »
    So I have an RGH xbox 360 slim with the 4gig HDD, Can I add another internal 500gig HDD or do i have to remove the 4gig and replace it? I bought this modded so not to sure on how to go about it, I am using an external 80gig at the moment and both drives are pretty full.

Yeah you can just pop in the new hard drive. you will have both the 4gb and the new space to use then.

If i Just wanted to take out the 4gig and replace it with a 500, do i just format the 500 through the xbox and then copy all the 4G onto the 500?

If i Just wanted to take out the 4gig and replace it with a 500, do i just format the 500 through the xbox and then copy all the 4G onto the 500?

You cannot remove the 4gb it is a chip on the motherboard. You can just add your new hard drive and you will have both the 4gb and the 500gb.

you put the new hard drive in and format it using the options in the console.

Cheers I shall give it a go later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Limericks wrote: »
    You cannot remove the 4gb it is a chip on the motherboard. You can just add your new hard drive and you will have both the 4gb and the 500gb.

you put the new hard drive in and format it using the options in the console.

Also you can format the hdd to fat32 using guiformat.exe if you don't want to use the Xbox file system.

justryan wrote: »
    Also you can format the hdd to fat32 using guiformat.exe if you don't want to use the Xbox file system.

Can I copy the 4gig to the new HDD and boot from the HDD? Or can I install all DLC on the new HDD and not on the 4gig?

Can I copy the 4gig to the new HDD and boot from the HDD? Or can I install all DLC on the new HDD and not on the 4gig?

I presume FSD is installed into the 4gb memory so I'd leave it there. If you want to use DLC you'll need to format the hdd through the regular dashboard as Limericks said.

Can I copy the 4gig to the new HDD and boot from the HDD?

You can do that yes, just copy all the fs3 files to the hard drive and use dashlaunch to change the location of the fs3 xex.

Do I do this through FTP or can it all be done through the box? Will the xbox set up the partitions or is that something I will have to do through the PC.

I'm reading through this http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/console-guides/xbox-360-guides/6517-upgrade-jtagged-xbox-360s-hard-drive-restore-avatars-xbox-1-emulator.html

Or do i need to bother with all that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Do I do this through FTP or can it all be done through the box? Will the xbox set up the partitions or is that something I will have to do through the PC.

I'm reading through this http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/console-guides/xbox-360-guides/6517-upgrade-jtagged-xbox-360s-hard-drive-restore-avatars-xbox-1-emulator.html

Or do i need to bother with all that?

Why bother? You'll still be able to load saves from both places...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 paanhaddy

hi guys, i'm thinking to flash my xbox 360 slim dvd drive. but i have some questions in my mind :confused:, i googled a few times but no clear answer,
    sorry for long introduction, anyway these are the questions:

1)can we get banned if we flashed xbox 360 and play it online?
    2) does new firmware update cause banned and need to reflash again?
    3)does new patch game update cause banned and need to reflash the drive again?
    4) is it totally safe when we play original cd on flashed xbox online?

the answer is yes or no, help will be highly appreciated as these will ease my mind, cheers

paanhaddy wrote: »
    hi guys, i'm thinking to flash my xbox 360 slim dvd drive. but i have some questions in my mind :confused:, i googled a few times but no clear answer,
    sorry for long introduction, anyway these are the questions:

the answer is yes or no, help will be highly appreciated as these will ease my mind, cheers

You must be new around here...

Achilles wrote: »
    You must be new around here...

not really, been here for months not years, i'm quit familiar about ps3 modding, but not xbox360, any help much appreciated...

So in all of your time here you've never bothered to read the charter?

Right mate. Im undertand ur sarcasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Anyway, to the best of my knowledge:

1) Yes
    2) It certainly was doing that up until recently enough, I think its ok now though. Someone else will have to confirm that.
    3) No, I don't think game updates have any impact on drive flashing/firmware
    4) Nothing is ever totally safe when using a modded console online, they can detect custom drive firmware even without a disc in the drive. So, no.

I don't see where the charter has been broken, there's been no linking to warez, no instructions on how to pirate etc. This is a question pertaining to the repercussions of cfw, nothing else :)
    Right mate. Im undertand ur sarcasm.

And back on topic we go folks

EnterNow wrote: »
    I don't see where the charter has been broken, there's been no linking to warez, no instructions on how to pirate etc. This is a question pertaining to the repercussions of cfw, nothing else :)

And back on topic we go folks

I was half asleep when I typed that up, I thought I saw something about playing backups online and if you could get banned for it or not.

Don't mind me I'm just a pretentious arse at times... as well you know! :P

I'm a pretentious persons worst nightmare :D

• Advertisement

I'm a pretentious persons worst nightmare :D

You're in my dreams alright EnterNow but it's never a nightmare. ;-)

I was half asleep when I typed that up, I thought I saw something about playing backups online and if you could get banned for it or not.

God damn selective reading!

You're in my dreams alright EnterNow but it's never a nightmare. ;-)

Lolwut :pac: Eh, banned or something

Lolwut :pac: Eh, banned or something

Rawr!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

^---- Kill me :pac:

hi guys. just wonder that when we change internal hdd for ps3 we need go to recovery right? but can we just clone everything inside the old hdd into new hdd (obviously the space larger) which can save time n effort?

hi guys. just wonder that when we change internal hdd for ps3 we need go to recovery right? but can we just clone everything inside the old hdd into new hdd (obviously the space larger) which can save time n effort?

I have never tried cloning the hard drive so I'm not sure if it's possible or not.

I'd play it safe and use the PS3's own export and import feature for your data just incase cloning the drive doesn't work.

Also if you're on a custom firmware changing the hard drive can get very messy.

I have never tried cloning the hard drive so I'm not sure if it's possible or not.

I'd play it safe and use the PS3's own export and import feature for your data just incase cloning the drive doesn't work.

Also if you're on a custom firmware changing the hard drive can get very messy.

yeah, i think use the native one is better than cloning, jut got the idea as i want to change my laptop hdd to ssd using cloning tool.

hi, anyone here have any experience on remarry bluray drive on ps3? i tried it today, using baileyscream tutorial (ultimate fool proof guide -ps3hax.com) but i unable to go to fsm (red screen), after installing the FactoryServiceMode.gnpdrm.pkg and run it, the screen just turn black, btw i'm on 3.55kmeaw.

• Advertisement

I just got a 1tb drive in my RGH xbox, I was using an 80gig external is there a way of copying all the content across? I've tried to FTP but its not letting me. Can it be done inside freestyle 3 dash?

Advertisement