Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Modding Thoughts...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Prodigious wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm being a lazy prick here lads, but I've a question:

My ideal setup would be:

Xbox 360, external 1TB hdd which games can be added to as I please, and console will play from it.
    With the ability to play online (Would be prepared to use original disks to play online)

Is this possible? Which hack is required?

Is there anyone who will do the whole lot for a fee?

Thanks

You need the Reset Glitch Hack with a TX Coolrunner and Demon mod chip to add an extra retail nand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

justryan wrote: »
    You need the Reset Glitch Hack with a TX Coolrunner and Demon mod chip to add an extra retail nand.

Fair play. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Can anyone recommend someone who provides this service or sells these consoles?

Prodigious wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend someone who provides this service or sells these consoles?

Modded Consoles for Sale thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056388666

Modding & Repair Services thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055478489

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Has anybody any info on doing an SMC reset for a bad nand flash on a slim? It's for the one with the failed DemoN install, a last ditch attempt to get it working before I sell it for parts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Has anybody any info on doing an SMC reset for a bad nand flash on a slim? It's for the one with the failed DemoN install, a last ditch attempt to get it working before I sell it for parts.

Touching Virus in failed mod attempt shocker?? :eek: Does not compute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

would using donor files not help?

You could try desolder the existing nand and transplant on a new one from an old Xbox

EnterNow wrote: »
    Touching Virus in failed mod attempt shocker?? :eek: Does not compute!

Yeah, my first and only DemoN install and I hosed the board man - was gutted at the time (before Christmas). I don't have a Slim donor nand nor do I have donor files to flash to the console. Power beep but no fans/CPU, something really low level gone horribly wrong

Yeah, my first and only DemoN install and I hosed the board man - was gutted at the time (before Christmas). I don't have a Slim donor nand nor do I have donor files to flash to the console. Power beep but no fans/CPU, something really low level gone horribly wrong

Do you have the stock nand dump?

• Advertisement

I do :)

I do :)

If you have a dead phat Xbox with a 16mb nand desolder that with a Heatgun clean the legs with desoldering braid and solder it on your Slim Xbox and flash back the stock image - its a lot of work but worth it if you get a working Xbox :)

Anyone know where there are any cheap laptop hdd's going? Not looking for anything with huge capacity or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Anyone know where there are any cheap laptop hdd's going? Not looking for anything with huge capacity or anything

I have a few knocking about, what are you after?

Achilles wrote: »
    I have a few knocking about, what are you after?

Cheers :), anything over 80/120GB or so should be fine...

Cheers :), anything over 80/120GB or so should be fine...

I presume it's SATA you need and not IDE?

I presume it's SATA you need and not IDE?

Oops sorry yeah 2.5" SATA :o

Oops sorry yeah 2.5" SATA :o

I'll have a root around later on and let you know what I have. You don't really have to give me anything for it... I'd be open to swapping something for it though if you're feeling generous!

I'll have a root around later on and let you know what I have. You don't really have to give me anything for it... I'd be open to swapping something for it though if you're feeling generous!

Cool sure let me know what you find & I'll see if I can find barterage :)

Cool sure let me know what you find & I'll see if I can find barterage :)

Right well I have a few knocking about at home but I've just checked some older supplies here in work...

One 80Gb and one 120Gb up for grabs. Let me know which one you want!

• Advertisement

Right well I have a few knocking about at home but I've just checked some older supplies here in work...

One 80Gb and one 120Gb up for grabs. Let me know which one you want!

The 120GB sounds like a good vintage man, what are you after in the way of barterage?

The 120GB sounds like a good vintage man, what are you after in the way of barterage?

A console modification or two?

A console modification or two?

I was thinking more along the lines of a beautifully sealed NTSC-J copy of The Tower :p

I was thinking more along the lines of a beautifully sealed NTSC-J copy of The Tower :p

Never heard of it tbh.

Never heard of it tbh.

What mods have you got in mind? Bare in mind €40 gets me a brand new 250GB hdd :o

What mods have you got in mind? Bare in mind €40 gets me a brand new 250GB hdd :o

How much would you normally charge for a Dreamcast VGA port install or a Mega Drive region switch with 60hz switch?

Or put simply, what kind of simple mods would you be willing to do for the 120gb drive?

How much would you normally charge for a Dreamcast VGA port install or a Mega Drive region switch with 60hz switch?

Or put simply, what kind of simple mods would you be willing to do for the 120gb drive?

I don't even offer the DC VGA mod as a service, given the cost of a VGA box, the cost for the time & parts to do the mod would outweigh it.

I'd do the Megadrive region & 60Hz mod for it though :)

I don't even offer the DC VGA mod as a service, given the cost of a VGA box, the cost for the time & parts to do the mod would outweigh it.

I'd do the Megadrive region & 60Hz mod for it though :)

Sold! :-P Its a Mega Drive 2, that OK?

Got sorted with an hdd, thanks anyway Achilles. Btw I thought all these posts were in the Trading thread...tsk tsk EnterNow

• Advertisement

Got sorted with an hdd, thanks anyway Achilles. Btw I thought all these posts were in the Trading thread...tsk tsk EnterNow

Ahh alright so. Might get you to do a few mods to a few consoles when payday rolls around again.

Thanks for letting me know anyway.

Advertisement