Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Modding Thoughts...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

I have reformatted external, set up new game paths, done manual scans, nothing gets rid of the old games list. I have pressed Y on controller on games list and tried to delete them that way, still there when F3 restarts.

I had a look at files with ftp. I cant see any xml files. I dont want to delete anything important and totally screw up the Jtag. Can you have a quick look at attached files to see if anything is obviously out of place. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I have reformatted external, set up new game paths, done manual scans, nothing gets rid of the old games list. I have pressed Y on controller on games list and tried to delete them that way, still there when F3 restarts.

I had a look at files with ftp. I cant see any xml files. I dont want to delete anything important and totally screw up the Jtag. Can you have a quick look at attached files to see if anything is obviously out of place. Thanks.

Delete the content.db file from your third pic, & then do a manual scan after rebooting the console

Thanks. but I am really going to cry at this stage. It wont let me delete the content.db file using winscp. And I cant do it through file manager either. I will try flash fxp.

Thanks. but I am really going to cry at this stage. It wont let me delete the content.db file using winscp. And I cant do it through file manager either. I will try flash fxp.

Its prob set as a read only file, try altering its permissions to allow for read/write access.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It's not permissions, that file is 0777 according to the screenshots. Try doing it via XeXMenu - it's probably in use by FSD which is why you can't delete it by using FSD's file manager or FTP server.

Alternatively you can copy the Freestyle folder to your external drive, remove the file and change your launch.ini file to point to the external hard drive's Freestyle folder. You don't want to keep all that game data/screenshots etc on the onboard memory unit in any case - it'll be full in no time if you've a decent sized library :)

• Advertisement

It's not permissions, that file is 0777 according to the screenshots. Try doing it via XeXMenu - it's probably in use by FSD which is why you can't delete it by using FSD's file manager or FTP server.)

So it is! Agreed its likely in use so XeXMenu would be the way to get rid of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Anybody got a Coolrunner rev c to spare?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

"so this PS3 is definitely 3.55 mate, right?"

"Yep!"

"Can you send me a pick of the system setting page"

"Sure!" *sends pic and right enough, says 3.55*

"Cool I'll pick it up off you later!"

*Finally get it home*

System Software: 4.25

So **** me I guess! Thanks guy! :D

It's not permissions, that file is 0777 according to the screenshots. Try doing it via XeXMenu - it's probably in use by FSD which is why you can't delete it by using FSD's file manager or FTP server.

Alternatively you can copy the Freestyle folder to your external drive, remove the file and change your launch.ini file to point to the external hard drive's Freestyle folder. You don't want to keep all that game data/screenshots etc on the onboard memory unit in any case - it'll be full in no time if you've a decent sized library :)

Thanks EnterNow and TouchingVirus for your help. I managed to copy freestyle folder to usb hdd and deleted the content.db.

In launch.ini settings I changed the default to usb0. And I copied it back to flashMu. But it now wont load freestyle. Do I need to change anything else in the launch.ini files. The only setting I changed was the default (see below)

[paths]
    BUT_X = FlashMu:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000\C0DE99990F586558
    Default = USB0:\Freestyle\default.xex
    [Settings]
    nxemini = true
    pingpatch = true

Thanks EnterNow and TouchingVirus for your help. I managed to copy freestyle folder to usb hdd and deleted the content.db.

In launch.ini settings I changed the default to usb0. And I copied it back to flashMu. But it now wont load freestyle. Do I need to change anything else in the launch.ini files. The only setting I changed was the default (see below)

[paths]
    BUT_X = FlashMu:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000\C0DE99990F586558
    Default = USB0:\Freestyle\default.xex
    [Settings]
    nxemini = true
    pingpatch = true

Its ok guys. I realised what i did wrong. I changed the wrong launch.ini file. I didnt realise there was one .ini file on the internal flash and one on the OnboardMu, got it launching from usb now. Every day is a school day. :D

• Advertisement

Andy!! wrote: »
    "so this PS3 is definitely 3.55 mate, right?"

"Yep!"

"Can you send me a pick of the system setting page"

"Sure!" *sends pic and right enough, says 3.55*

"Cool I'll pick it up off you later!"

*Finally get it home*

System Software: 4.25

So **** me I guess! Thanks guy! :D

Wow, fairly poor form that. Was it on Adverts?

Nothing on the usual scene sites, plus the comments make for suspicious reading...everyone saying it works perfectly, not a single "guys I'm getting x error"...hmm. Prob just a repackaged ofw

EnterNow wrote: »
    Wow, fairly poor form that. Was it on Adverts?

Nah Craigslist Korea. American soldiers are mostly assholes. :pac:

He did seem nice though; by any chance, when he was formatting it to remove all personal data, would the console have updated the FW if he was hooked up to a hardline at the time?

Nah Craigslist Korea. American soldiers are mostly assholes. :pac:

He did seem nice though; by any chance, when he was formatting it to remove all personal data, would the console have updated the FW if he was hooked up to a hardline at the time?

Ah right, I keep forgetting your over that way. I think the PS3 does have a background download service, I'm not sure if it applies to fw though. Plus if he marketed it as a 3.55 I'm pretty sure he'd have known what that meant & wouldn't be so careless with an accidental update

Sure that's life. I get a feeling I'm about to be the guinea pig for this 4.25 CFW :P Will pop a larger HDD in first though, this 200 odd GB from an advertised 320 is bull****... I know the PS3 will still take far too much cause it takes a percentage rather than a set amount (retarded) but maybe with CFW I'll be able to mess with that?

20130112_032855.jpg

Just tried to put a 500GB drive in my PS3. The 320 is shipped with works fine, I make a backup on a USB that is recognised by the PS3 with the 320 in. I put the 500GB in, and the USB with the backup and to be safe, a 4.25 .PUP, but none of that seems to be what the PS3 wants. I press start and select but it says it can't find any related files.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭MrVestek

20130112_032855.jpg

Just tried to put a 500GB drive in my PS3. The 320 is shipped with works fine, I make a backup on a USB that is recognised by the PS3 with the 320 in. I put the 500GB in, and the USB with the backup and to be safe, a 4.25 .PUP, but none of that seems to be what the PS3 wants. I press start and select but it says it can't find any related files.

Sorry I'm only seeing this now. Downgrade back to 3.55 OFW then change the hard drive and re-apply the hacked firmwares from there.

It's a pain in the arse but it's the only way to do it.

Installed freemcboot - PS2 homebrew here I come!

Awesome! Just found a pre 3.55 OFW PS3 in my junk!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

justryan wrote: »
    Awesome! Just found a pre 3.55 OFW PS3 in my junk!

You must have alot of junk, if you didn't know you had that.:p:D

• Advertisement

You must have alot of junk, if you didn't know you had that.:p:D

I'm moving out soon so came across it in the clean up ; )

I'm moving out soon so came across it in the clean up ; )

Did you find that junk in your trunk? :P

Achilles wrote: »

Did you find that junk in your trunk? :P

Lolz what's the best cfw for it? kmeaw or rogero?

Lolz what's the best cfw for it? kmeaw or rogero?

For 3.55? I've only ever had experience with Kmeaw with that so my experience and advice may be slightly biased and open to interpretation.

For me though at the time it was the best 3.55 firmware to have... I had to change this back to OFW (official firmware) in order to be able to change it to Rogero's firmware which would then allow me to update to a safe 4.30 hack at the time so.

Erm... that's my experience? Your method may end up turning out to be much better whatever that is.

If you're looking for my advice though then it's to do what I did and pray that it doesn't all go on fire. :-)

s5vitk.jpg

My first CR3 Lite - this should be interesting :D

s5vitk.jpg

My first CR3 Lite - this should be interesting :D

Possible to do a video of the process? Cheers.

Screw you zephyr

So anybody got a nand dump of a corona v2 I can borrow - must be 48mb I only got a 12mb dump of mine and console doesnt boot!

^ got this working nevermind :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Sorry if I'm being a lazy prick here lads, but I've a question:

My ideal setup would be:

Xbox 360, external 1TB hdd which games can be added to as I please, and console will play from it.
    With the ability to play online (Would be prepared to use original disks to play online)

Is this possible? Which hack is required?

Is there anyone who will do the whole lot for a fee?

Thanks

Advertisement