Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Not sure if it's really newsworthy but Dustin Poirier is moving to lightweight.
    @FrigUrself: @DustinPoirier are you moving up to LW?” Yes
    — The Diamond (@DustinPoirier) December 19, 2014
    @frank_bono: I’m curious why @DustinPoirier is moving up to lightweight” Because I walk around 180s
    — The Diamond (@DustinPoirier) December 19, 2014

Wonder how he'll settle into lightweight again. Personally, I can't see him being anything other than a gatekeeper, at best. There's so many top class guys in LW that I think would maul him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

christybrown.jpg

Looks like Ilir Latifi is painting him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Life Degen wrote: »

Personally, I can't see him being anything other than a gatekeeper, at best. There's so many top class guys in LW that I think would maul him.

Agree 100%. If he has any sort of chance at ever challenging for a title, it's realistically only at FW. LW division is far too strong. Ive believed for quite a while now that the loss to McGregor has had a huge effect on his self belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

John_D80 wrote: »
    Agree 100%. If he has any sort of chance at ever challenging for a title, it's realistically only at FW. LW division is far too strong. Ive believed for quite a while now that the loss to McGregor has had a huge effect on his self belief.

it's probably time joe had a word with him. :pac:

it's probably time joe had a word with him. :pac:

Good god no!! There'd be absolutely nothing left of the poor guys confidence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Rampage has re-signed for the UFC?? Can't understand why, it's been a LONG time since he's been relevant in fighting terms, the only thing i can think of is it has something to do with this lawsuit, how i'm unsure but it sure is an odd one

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

scudzilla wrote: »
    Rampage has re-signed for the UFC?? Can't understand why, it's been a LONG time since he's been relevant in fighting terms, the only thing i can think of is it has something to do with this lawsuit, how i'm unsure but it sure is an odd one

Must be another reason, maybe trying to take one of bellators big names away. Fighting wise, he's been done for a long time, way too one dimensional. Same crap before every fight too, he's training properly, old rampage is back etc etc

Would think his first fight will be shogun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

pauldoo wrote: »
    Must be another reason, maybe trying to take one of bellators big names away. Fighting wise, he's been done for a long time, way too one dimensional. Same crap before every fight too, he's training properly, old rampage is back etc etc

Would think his first fight will be shogun

Which he will more than likely win setting up a decent enough fight with maybe evans again? Or something like that to sell PPVs, hes a draw thats the only reason hes been signed back imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

We never got to see him fight Tito. Oh the humanity

Hope Christmas goes really quickly. I'll have goosebumps when Jones and DC finally get into the cage. Can't wait for it. Come on DC!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

We never got to see him fight Tito. Oh the humanity

1 - we didn't get to see the highly anticipated fight between Tito and Rampage

2 - Tito was asked to join the class action suit and declined.

1 + 2 = Tito will sign for the UFC soon...

;)

Only kidding.

(I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

DrPhilG wrote: »
    2 - Tito was asked to join the class action suit and declined.

Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Didn't he leave because the UFC wouldn't allow him wear Reebook into the octagon?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Dominic Cruz done his ACL again.
    That guy is jinxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

El Guapo! wrote: »
    That guy is jinxed.

Can only imagine how he's feeling. Absolute sickner.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    That guy is jinxed.

Shiiiiiit. Who next for Dillashaw then? Has to be a two horse race between Faber and Asuncao.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

John_D80 wrote: »
    Shiiiiiit. Who next for Dillashaw then? Has to be a two horse race between Faber and Asuncao.

Assunção has broken his ankle apparently. Barão rematch, here we come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hope the UFC gives Cruz an instant title fight when he gets back and no mickey mousing around in the prelims.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Hope the UFC gives Cruz an instant title fight when he gets back and no mickey mousing around in the prelims.

Why should they? They let him hold onto the belt without fighting for long enough, what if they did give him a title fight and he won, then blew his ACL again and was out for another 2yrs.

Why should they? They let him hold onto the belt without fighting for long enough, what if they did give him a title fight and he won, then blew his ACL again and was out for another 2yrs.

Because he came back and picked up right where he left off and decimated his opponent. That's why. The champ's the champ regardless of having an injury or not.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Because he came back and picked up right where he left off and decimated his opponent. That's why. The champ's the champ regardless of having an injury or not.

But his injuries have finished him, what if he had come back in that last fight and it was for the title, then he blew his ACL like he has just done, if it takes the same amount of time to heal that'd be what, 1 fight in 4 1/2yrs?? No chance should he get a shot straight away

Horrible for Cruz.

Retirement must be a real possibility at this stage.

Heartbroken for Cruz. Was really really looking forward to his fight with TJ and thought he'd win to be honest.

Barao rematch but TJ will smash him again. What would have happened if Barao lost on Saturday?!

Urijah Faber is the man to feel sorry for in all this! I bet he'd be up for Barao deep down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

But his injuries have finished him, what if he had come back in that last fight and it was for the title, then he blew his ACL like he has just done, if it takes the same amount of time to heal that'd be what, 1 fight in 4 1/2yrs?? No chance should he get a shot straight away

His injuries didn't look like they finished him in his last fight. The reason I think Cruz should get a title shot is because he never lost the belt. No matter what if's.

Hope he can comeback from this latest injury

Big Country just threw a picture of Brock on to facebook captioned

Brock Lesnar returns to the @ufc I have no problem welcoming him back #2015 #championship #imlovingit

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

UFC fight pass just announced they are adding fights to the library from 8 more mma promotions. Due in spring 2015.

Promotions added are

Cage Rage (UK)
    Extreme Challenge MMA (US)
    XFO (US)
    UCMMA (UK)
    Hook N Shoot (US)
    TKO (Canada)
    King of the Cage (US)
    Pancrase (Japan)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Tim Sylvia weighed in at 371lbs and was denied medical clearance to fight in his "comeback bout", this makes me really sad What he's become :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement