Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Ariel was just on off the ball there talking about jon jones and bit about conor. He mentioned joseph duffy too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Ken Shamrock's return to fighting!

Rematch with Royce :) UFC 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Rematch with Royce :) UFC 200.

He's fighting James Quinn McDonagh, yer man from the bare knuckle documentary.

You couldn't write this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

TimRiggins wrote: »
    He's fighting James Quinn McDonagh, yer man from the bare knuckle documentary.

You couldn't write this stuff.

I thanked your post halfway through as I liked the joke. Then I realised this is what they're actually proposing

I'll believe it when I see it . sure wasn't he meant to fight Toney a few years back?

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote: »
    I thanked your post halfway through as I liked the joke. Then I realised this is what they're actually proposing

I'll believe it when I see it . sure wasn't he meant to fight Toney a few years back?

Lets just hope there is "Good fair play shown by both men"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Lets just hope there is "Good fair play shown by both men"

I can just imagine shamrock on YouTube cursin and mockin the other guys family

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I can just imagine shamrock on YouTube cursin and mockin the other guys family

Don't mind shamrock, he's only a junkies bastard. ****e in the bucket.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Don't mind shamrock, he's only a junkies bastard. ****e in the bucket.

Don't each fighter bring their own referees? Shamrock has a choice between Earl Hebner and Herb Dean

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Francie shamrocks will be his referee

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Ken Shamrock-

1994 - King of Pancrase

1998 - King of the Ring

2015 - King of the Travellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

What's the story with TJ Grant? Last I heard was his injury, but his wiki page says he was removed from the UFC roster for being inactive.

Beersmith wrote: »
    Ariel was just on off the ball there talking about jon jones and bit about conor. He mentioned joseph duffy too

Here it is.

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/home/Off_The_Ball/Off_The_Ball_Highlights/74332/ariel_helwani_on_drug_testing_in_ufc_and_conor_mcgregor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Alan Omar is injured. Irish featherweight Paul Redmond will make his UFC debut & face Mirsad Bektic at #UFCStockholm

Great news! Irish fighters having a good couple of weeks. Long may it continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

Johnny Hendricks Vs Matt Brown slated for UFC 185. Lawler doesn't wanna fight til the summer and Hendricks wanted to keep warm. Gotta admire him taking this fight, although I still hope they give Rory the next title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Great opening for Redser. Anyone know what the day job was that he packed in?.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Da.kid

Looking forward to this weekend. Cant wait for Cowboy and Henderson, really hope Cowboy finally beats Henderson and we some more F*CK YOU kicks.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mike Tobacco

Carla Esparza v Joanna Jedrzejczyk has been added as the co-main to UFC185 - with Pettis/dos Anjos, Hendricks/Brown and Nelson/Overeem that card is shaping up very nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Think Jedrzejczyk has actually been slightly underwhelming in the UFC so far. Interesting fight though.

• Advertisement

Carla Esparza v Joanna Jedrzejczyk has been added as the co-main to UFC185 - with Pettis/dos Anjos, Hendricks/Brown and Nelson/Overeem that card is shaping up very nicely.

UFC 184 and 185 both looking to be fantastic cards. Lets hope they stay relatively injury free.

Fantastic start to the year, and so many more potentially great cards to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cathal Pendred said his legs were measured today for kick reach. Great stat to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Cathal Pendred said his legs were measured today for kick reach. Great stat to add.

They should measure Jon Jones' fingers too. Just to see how far away he can poke you in the eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

My mam just invited me to like SevereMMA on FB.
    Not sure why I found that funny, but I did.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mellor wrote: »
    My mam just invited me to like SevereMMA on FB.
    Not sure why I found that funny, but I did.

Hope you nodded approvingly while saying "my mam' in a Conor McGregor voice

Jacare v Romero off, Jacare has pneumonia

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Kimbo signed with Bellator. Fairly decent draw still I reckon. I really liked him in TUF, seemed like a really nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

ASOT wrote: »
    Kimbo signed with Bellator. Fairly decent draw still I reckon. I really liked him in TUF, seemed like a really nice guy.

Looking forward to seeing how awful BJJ his opponents have.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ariel Helwani interview coming up on Off-The-Ball now for those interested.

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ariel Helwani interview coming up on Off-The-Ball now for those interested.

Listening in now. In fairness the lads on Off The Ball have really brushed up on their MMA knowledge after they had John Kavanagh on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement