Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Pair Kimbo with the right opponent and you can still have a very entertaining fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,443 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

John_D80 wrote: »
    Listening in now. In fairness the lads on Off The Ball have really brushed up on their MMA knowledge after they had John Kavanagh on.

Ya they have to be fair. Can't be experts on all sports, so fair dues to them, especially Ger Gilroy.

Ariel Helwani really is a gem to listen to. His knowledge is so in depth it's almost intimidating.

Here's the terms of the Reebok deal btw for those interested (since it was mentioned in the interview)

from BJPenn.com
    1. Ranked fighters will get to pick their color scheme first, with the higher ranked fighter getting first selection if he/she faces another ranked opponent. Same colors can not be used. Unranked fighters will work with matchmakers to select colors.

2. Each fighter and their cornermen will be issued official Reebok gear upon arrival of host city. Product will include a gym bag, hoodie, T-shirt, workout shorts, weigh-in shorts, weigh-in walkout sweatpants, weigh-in T-shirt, weigh-in walkout hoodie, weigh-in hat, underwear, socks and shoes. Women will also be issued sports bras.

3. If any fighter or a member of their corner refuses to wear the issued gear, they will assessed a penalty which includes a fine and possibly removal from the event.

4. Fighters must wear Reebok-issued gear during all UFC sponsored events including open workouts, media day, weigh-ins and press conferences. A fighter can opt to wear business or business casual attire to the press conference instead of the issued gear.

5. A fighter is responsible for lost merchandise and/or replacement costs.

6. Fighters are paid by the UFC within 10 business days of their fight. Fighters are paid based on the UFC fighter pay scale and their official ranking at the time of weigh-in.

7. The UFC logo is not to be covered and no other logo and/or sponsor can be visible while UFC has the option to add another sponsor/logo to the attire.

8. All headphones worn by fighters must be supplied by “Monster.”

9. After each fight, the fighter is required to select one piece of their official walkout gear-the product they physically wore to the Octagon (not including underwear) and return it to the UFC equipment manager.

10. Fighters must also wear Reebok apparel for any UFC-produced show including, Embedded, UFC Tonight, UFC Countdown, Ultimate Insider and The Ultimate Fighter.

Some rough parts included in my opinion, especially for fighters on the lower pay scale/lower rankings. Many rely on their sponsor money to be able to fight but the new Reebok deal will leave many of their pockets less full . . .

JJayoo wrote: »
    Pair Kimbo with the right opponent and you can still have a very entertaining fight.

Houston Alexander...rarely boring. . .

mn2elh.gif

Smart by Scott Coker in signing Kimbo, but he's obviously a niche fighter. Ratings magnet thouguh.

I have a feeling this signing was based on them getting Lesnar or not. Since they signed Kimbo they probably won't get Lesnar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

callaway92 wrote: »

Here's the terms of the Reebok deal btw for those interested (since it was mentioned in the interview)

from BJPenn.com

Some rough parts included in my opinion, especially for fighters on the lower pay scale/lower rankings. Many rely on their sponsor money to be able to fight but the new Reebok deal will leave many of their pockets less full . . .

What's no. 9 about? Each fighter must return one piece of official gear to the equipment manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What's no. 9 about? Each fighter must return one piece of official gear to the equipment manager?

Probably for Reebok to give away in Competitions, Win a pair of fight worn shirts, win a worn walk out shirt etc

• Advertisement

Being auctioned for charity as far as Jon Pollock on his MMA Report podcast says. (He's a v. good source, so I'd trust him)

scudzilla wrote: »
    Probably for Reebok to give away in Competitions, Win a pair of fight worn shirts, win a worn walk out shirt etc

It's 100% going to UFC to resell (charity or not) and not back to Reebok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

callaway92 wrote: »
    Being auctioned for charity as far as Jon Pollock on his MMA Report podcast says. (He's a v. good source, so I'd trust him)

Excellent idea. Nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TechnoBadger

Saw earlier that Firas Zahabi tweeted that Joseph Duffy will be training at Tristar. Interested to see how he gets on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Just announced for the 25th April:

Dillashaw v Barao 2

Rampage v Maldonado

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Joseph Duffy will make his debut againt Vagner Rocha in Dallas on March the 14th on UFC 185.

Rocha has high level jiujitsu but nothing else. Duffy's good everywhere.
    Seems like a handy one for Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Wouldn't surprise me, simply to keep him out of Bellator!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

ASOT wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me, simply to keep him out of Bellator!

The Heavyweight division is nearly dead now aswell, what happens if Cain beats Werdum? Who does he fight then?

Also Lima is out of his fight with Daley over an apparent stubbed toe, new opponent announced soon for the same date.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    The Heavyweight division is nearly dead now aswell, what happens if Cain beats Werdum? Who does he fight then?

It's been dead a while imo. Well any hope of someone beating cain for the belt has been dead. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him come in he's still fairly exciting to watch it's either ko someone or be kod but if the move happens it screams of the ufc stopping Croker from taking him to bellator.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

TimRiggins wrote: »

Probably arlovski if he gets a couple more wins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Probably arlovski if he gets a couple more wins

My love for all things AA is fine with this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I listened to that cro cop interview with ariel there mid December, its a really fasinating one. I was thinking he would get the call back. He never got cut from the ufc either i think, he just left at the end of his contract.

He said he was heavily injured in his last few fights in the ufc and seemed to be doing really good in his last few fights. Ive a feeling he will do really good this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,580 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp Dana has confirmed Cro Cop is back. Mental, he's 40 years old! Has to fight Andrei.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I have no problem whatsoever with Cro Cop v Arlovski.

no problem at all.

Said it before and i'll say it again, UFC could really have a 'veterans' division and belt, think of the names that could be in it, who still have a lot to offer but nowhere near a title shot, could be some awesome tourneys made

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Said it before and i'll say it again, UFC could really have a 'veterans' division and belt, think of the names that could be in it, who still have a lot to offer but nowhere near a title shot, could be some awesome tourneys made

Randy v chuck 4

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

But it'd be way more popular than the LHW and HW divisions which only have about one decent challenger left in each of them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Would another TUF comeback season

• Registered Users Posts: 39,153 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just read that the Mendes v Lamas will be an daytime event in the US.
    Really looking forward to that match up. The change of time probably really suits Irish fans too, will be a 6pm start.
    Screws me though, 5am start. Might wake up for the main event

Anyone have any idea of SBG's record in the UFC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Anyone have any idea of SBG's record in the UFC?

tom egan loss, paddy lost one and gunni has lost one if you count him as sbg, 2 wins for paddy, 1 for ash, 5 for connor and 3 for cathal off the top of my head, not sure about gunnis wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

my 2015 predictions.

-Lesnar to return,fight 2 easy fights and he will get a title shot in 2016
    -GSP to return and be unbeaten until he wins back the belt
    -CM punk to get destroyed in his 2 ufc fights before quitting
    -Aldo to school Mcgregor
    -Silva to work his way through the division before losing to Weidman again
    -Dana white to get a hair transplant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement