Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental plan!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

850160.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Birch Barlow: Sideshow Bob, Councilman Les Wynan says that you're not experienced enough to be mayor. Sir, what do you have to say about that?

SSB: I'd say that Les Wynan ought to do more thinkin' and less whinin'.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Hey, there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I saw earlier there's a poster on boards called StupidLikeAFox.

How I laughed. At that crippled Irishman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,319 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Attention, Marge Simpson. We've also arrested your older, balder, fatter son.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Higher marge the turtles are gaining on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Homer sitting in his jocks drinking beer and watching Jock Centre

Presenter: "BUT FIRST. PROFESSIONAL SPORT CONTINUES ITS MARCH INTO THE GUTTER"

Homer: "Hehe. This is either about me or steroids"

In honour of the return of the NFL..

Superbowl please, and step on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My favourite moment of his:

"I can't see through metal Kent"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

TV announcer: "The road to the Super Bowl is long and pointless . . . I mean, when you think about it."

and to celebrate the start of the new NFL season I'm going to put on my favourite videotape, "Footballs Greatest Injuries".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,857 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

TV announcer: "The road to the Super Bowl is long and pointless . . . I mean, when you think about it."
    "Heh heh, football's so great."

Bye weeks! Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks! And now he's DEAD! Well, maybe they're a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

The Catholic Church - we've made a few... changes!

Padkir wrote: »
    The Catholic Church - we've made a few... changes!
    "These Super Bowl commercials are weird."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Riddle101

How long has this thread been going on for now? I feel like i've been following it for years. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Riddle101 wrote: »
    How long has this thread been going on for now? I feel like i've been following it for years. :D

I've thanked it a good few times now :D

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Seven years. I was still in my twenties when it started. And even back then the Simpsons had been sh1t for a decade. It says something about the quality of those first ten or twelve seasons (depending who you ask) that we're still quoting it now, a good fourteen or sixteen years (depending who you ask) after the show slipped into sad irrelevance.

Seven years. I was still in my twenties when it started. And even back then the Simpsons had been sh1t for a decade. It says something about the quality of those first ten or twelve seasons (depending who you ask) that we're still quoting it now, a good fourteen or sixteen years (depending who you ask) after the show slipped into sad irrelevance.
    I miss Krudler. Hasn't posted here since '12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I'd say for most people it's actually 8 or 9 seasons.

Season 9 is the first where there are signs that it is going downhill but it's still excellent , Season 8 is the last season where you still think the show is getting better.

I'd say for most people it's actually 8 or 9 seasons.

Season 9 is the first where there are signs that it is going downhill but it's still excellent , Season 8 is the last season where you still think the show is getting better.

The Principal and the Pauper was probably the turning point for The Simpsons. Many hated the episode and it was considered "Jumping the Shark".

Worst Simpsons episode ever.

• Advertisement

Ah it wasn't the worst Simpsons episode ever imo. It was a bad idea and a terrible mistake that was an early warning of what was going wrong with the show. But there about seventeen seasons worth of episodes any one of which is far, far worse. That episode had some great one liners and jokes and stuff in it ("I'm sick of this house and I'm sick of you"), as flawed as the premise may have been. The later stuff is completely without any redeeming features at all. Even the horrible hi def animation is charmless and drab.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

My head, all the time...
    428017.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Whats wrong with you sad sacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Stealing! How could you?! Haven’t you learned anything from that guy who gives those sermons at church? Captain Whatshisname? We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to see all those Police Academy movies? For fun?!? Well I didn’t hear anyone laughing, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,319 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

"Smithers, what's the name of this gastropod?"
    "Homer Simpson, sir. One of your chair moisteners from sector 7G."

Stealing! How could you?! Haven’t you learned anything from that guy who gives those sermons at church? Captain Whatshisname? We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to see all those Police Academy movies? For fun?!? Well I didn’t hear anyone laughing, did you?

Except at that guy who made sound effects. Vroom. Beep. Honk. Honk. Ha-ha. Where was I? Oh yeah, stay out of my booze!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,157 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

dihztyuqj8i2fm839jra.jpg

LISA: See how the heads of rich people get the tallest pikes with the best view? It's so unfair.
    HOMER: I told you to lay off feudalism. It's the only system we know. We have no choice about it, and therefore it's the best.
    LISA: The system is designed to keep us down.
    HOMER: That's not true. In a great country like ours, a poor girl can grow up to be anything she wants: a wife or a harlot and that's it.
    MARGE: I wanted to be a harlot, but it's all who you know.
    HOMER: It's never too late.

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that last one.

• Advertisement

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that last one.

Kind've of reminds me of that scene in Monty Python's the Holy Grail with the repressed citizens. Although the two scenes a very different but the talk about Feudalism is what made me think of the Holy Grail.

Advertisement